IGNORED

Rami Shaaban

madmax

I think your right Phillips will be gone. Hes not one of Johnsons favourites unfortuantely :(

Or it could just be that City have had a good offer for Phillips which will be used to fund new signings. Perhaps he's not playing so that he doesn't get injured?

We've only really got one other sealeable asset at the moment, Steve Brooker.

Who would you rather went? :dunno:

Or it could just be that City have had a good offer for Phillips which will be used to fund new signings. Perhaps he's not playing so that he doesn't get injured?

I would love to agree with you but know that he will never play under Johnson. :( and Ive always backed Phillips since he joined us.

I would love to agree with you but know that he will never play under Johnson. :( and Ive always backed Phillips since he joined us.

I back Phillips as well, however if " he'll never play under Johnson", then we'll sell him, and for a decent price.

We need a solid goalkeepeer in this division, not a great one, and his transfer fee could make all the difference.

Not convinced about Basso or Shaaban though, hopefully someone lined up for January.

One of the Yeovil keepers? :dunno:

Understatement of the year!

From what I've heard Mr. Johnson definately has something against Steve, and the way I see it, a bit of bullying is going on.

Phillips has never struck me as having a particularly strong character, something Johnson seems to want in all the players. He makes too many excuses and seems to always be on the defensive whenever interviewed, even when questions are innocuous. I don't know about bullying, I think if he doesn't react positively to what GJ is demanding of the players as with alot of others he will be gone.

why would we have granted him a testimonial if he's leaving?? I don't make sense look do it!

I believe it gets written into contracts that cross the 10 year mark.

Nibor

Guest harveythompson

I back Phillips as well, however if " he'll never play under Johnson", then we'll sell him, and for a decent price.

We need a solid goalkeepeer in this division, not a great one, and his transfer fee could make all the difference.

Not convinced about Basso or Shaaban though, hopefully someone lined up for January.

One of the Yeovil keepers? :dunno:

Have you ever seen him play?

• Admin

No it doesn't, the commercial dept are trying to sell functions for events organised for next year.

There is no way they would be doing that if he was leaving.

The club wouldn't normally get involved in selling the events for a players testimonial, he would have a committee to do this for him - perhaps DaveL could clarify as he was involved in Tinman's.

The club wouldn't normally get involved in selling the events for a players testimonial, he would have a committee to do this for him - perhaps DaveL could clarify as he was involved in Tinman's.

Steve has a committee set up to organise his testimonial, and I know from experience it's pretty hard, if ultimately rewarding work. We had loads of support from the Club with Tinman's testimonial, and I'm sure they'll do the same for Steve. They can certainly sell tickets etc, but the initiative has to come from the committee.

• Admin

Steve has a committee set up to organise his testimonial, and I know from experience it's pretty hard, if ultimately rewarding work. We had loads of support from the Club with Tinman's testimonial, and I'm sure they'll do the same for Steve. They can certainly sell tickets etc, but the initiative has to come from the committee.

Thanks Dave, that what I was trying to imply, although my inept literacy caused it to read like the club wouldn't sell tickets, when what I meant to say, was that they aren't the instigators or the sellers of the ideas.

not wishing to be smug, but I started a thread on this matter in the lead up to Basso's first game, when it was rumoured that Phillips was going to be dropped.

He is one of the few players with a cash value and is almost certainly on a good wage, add this to him being a goodshot stopper, but not what we need (towering, dominate, coming out and claiming the ball style keeper). My conclusion was he was unlikey to play again if Basso did well and would leave in the new year when the window opened.

The Jury is out on Basso, but I am more certain that Steve will leave in January, having not played again for us.

I fully expect Phillips to leave, either in January or at the end of this season, despite the Testimonial. :(

You might be right although financially, for him, that would be a crazy decision. Also, if he has fallen out with the little Hitler, he might do just as well (and really p1$$ Johnson off) to see out his contract and pick up the cash at the same time. Then he takes the best offer the season after. After all, professional football is only a short career and you go or STAY where the money is!!

Seeing Steve Brooker is out of contract in the summer...

Archived