IGNORED

Sky Matches-a Thought

Redtrojan

I notice the great eagerness below to get one of our big HOME games on sky.Why?,with sky there- less away fans will bother coming and no doubt less casual home finds will find the need to spend the time and money to come when they can watch the game in the pub/at home.This will lead to a smaller than expected crowd(i expect this game to be a near sell out if not on tv),and as the home team keeps all the revenue,less cash for us.But what about the sky money you shout-i believe for nationwide games that isn't overly generous 50k or so(someone can probably put me right),so 3000 off the expected gate and we do no better.However if sky were to cover us away from home-say at Luton,then we don't lose any revenue from a lower gate,still get the live money and many of our supporters who are unable to get to away games will get to see the match.Win,win,win as far as i see it.

Do we ever play well when Sky puts us on TV ? I have watched us on sky a few times and cringed. The players I have raved about looked very ordinary, or is it just because I prefer to be there. Sky do a good job but there is nothing like actually being at the match?

Archived