IGNORED

Who Do You Blame More?

gater2

This might have already been asked, but I am too lazy to look so I'll ask it anyway. Do you think our demise this season is mainly Tinnion's fault for dismantling DW's team and leaving GJ with a bunch of wasters (no one tell me that this isn't true - the players at the moment are simply NOT good enough. The sign of a good team at our level is if they have players who would not be out of their depth in the league above, and NONE of our players would not be out of their depth (apart from maybe Wilkshire, Stewart and Brooker - but thats only at their best, which they most certainly are not at the moment)), or should GJ have sorted that out now and used new tactics to change fortunes?

I don't like to "blame" just 1 person for the clubs position, there's a lot of reasons why we are where we are, the players, management and coaching staff ( past and present ) and the board all must take some responsibilty, but the facts are under Tins we were unbeaten at home in the league and only lost 6 in 27 at home during his tenure, GJ's record home and away is nothing short of awful ( so far ). I'm sure most would agree it's got worse since GJ arrived, too many loans ( in and out ), poor choice of team talks! and 4 or 5 team changes per game don't help.

I really hope he can turn things around and save our sinking ship, but I can see no light at the end of this very long tunnel. If we do go down I won't be blaming Tins, GJ knew the squad he had to work with when he took the job, he must of thought he could do a job with what he had, I guess.?

Guest redphilc

This was done to death over the weekend.

Why blame anyone?

Yes, it's a mess, but getting behind the team is what matters now.

Do the players care?

From attending the ST launch party tonight and spending time chatting to some of our current "stars" I can tell you I am not so sure. What I am sure about is many of them don't like GJ at all.

Guest Ronmeister

I can tell you from what i've heard from players tonight that Johnson is not the fabulous manager we all thought he was a few weeks ago, but I can't really say any more on the matter as i was told in confidence. Just watch out if we go down.

Guest redphilc

I can tell you from what i've heard from players tonight that Johnson is not the fabulous manager we all thought he was a few weeks ago, but I can't really say any more on the matter as i was told in confidence. Just watch out if we go down.

I heard the same, probably from the same players.

The grenade has definatly backfired on GJ but at the end of the day if these players are quick to spout off to me about how much they hate our manager then to be honest I have little respect for them.

They don't even know me so why confide in me?

Whatever you say about Tommy D, he would run through a brick wall for this club regardless of what differences he had with Tinnion.

Some of our current players wouldn't dream of doing that. How I wish we still had Tommy playing for us.

Guest Ronmeister

I heard the same, probably from the same players.

The grenade has definatly backfired on GJ but at the end of the day if these players are quick to spout off to me about how much they hate our manager then to be honest I have little respect for them.

They don't even know me so why confide in me?

Whatever you say about Tommy D, he would run through a brick wall for this club regardless of what differences he had with Tinnion.

Some of our current players wouldn't dream of doing that. How I wish we still had Tommy playing for us.

Strangely, I saw someone talking to Marcus about Tommy Doherty - might well have been you actually - and he said that Tommy still had Bristol City in his heart and wanted to come back.

Marcus seemed intruiged, no matter how bad his performances I for one think he has Bristol City's future at heart.

Strangely, I saw someone talking to Marcus about Tommy Doherty - might well have been you actually - and he said that Tommy still had Bristol City in his heart and wanted to come back.

Marcus seemed intruiged, no matter how bad his performances I for one think he has Bristol City's future at heart.

I don't think there is much more that we can say before this topic is deleted, but I heard the same thing.

Two or three players think that their City careers are over, and I'm not talking about our less high profile players.

Wilson - for not playing Lita

spotters badge!!!! mr wilson seems to be being viewed through rose tinted spectacles at present. in my opinion he did an ok job and nothing more at our club considering the resources made avaliable to him. leaving leroy out so often in his last season was a joke and ultimately cost him his job. he is partly to blame for where we are now. but as has previously been said on this thread, we are in dire straights and no amount of witch-hunting will solve this crisis. GJ must be given until at least the middle of next season whether we go down or not. if we are not shaping up well by then, then his position should be called into question, but not now for gods sake. now we need unity :grr:

Guest Harry Dolman

Do the players care?

From attending the ST launch party tonight and spending time chatting to some of our current "stars" I can tell you I am not so sure. What I am sure about is many of them don't like GJ at all.

That quote sums it up really, after talking to a No. of players you can't be sure they care about the club, but they did make it clear they don't like the manager.

Funnily enough after the 1st few wins all the players did seem to like Johnson. His natural character is pretty cheery & bubbly. I can't help feeling that a lot of our players don't like being told home truths like get fit, drink less, train harder etc etc. Add to that those that are in the comfort zone.

The more I hear of the players, frankly the less I like. I wonder if any other club has had 4 players arrested since the summer. Plus that "alleged" incident on the waterfront which many expected to lead to further arrests.

Funnily enough after the 1st few wins all the players did seem to like Johnson. His natural character is pretty cheery & bubbly. I can't help feeling that a lot of our players don't like being told home truths like get fit, drink less, train harder etc etc. Add to that those that are in the comfort zone.

if this is in anyway true (and thats a big 'if') then i hope every single player with this kind of attitude gets the boot. they are PROFFESIONAL footballers, and they should act as such. if what GJ asks them to do isn't working, and thats why we are losing matches, fine. he is then responsible. however, if their bad attitude toward their work is effecting their performance then anything the manager (be it tinnion, wilson, GJ or sven GE) is attempting to achive is being undermined. which means they are the root cause of the problem. yes, maybe GJ made mistakes in terms of man management, maybe he was too overbaring too quickly. but can you blame him? i believe it was less than a month after his appointment that three first team players were arrested whilst on a night out. what is he meant to think?

these players are, in some cases, paid more in a six week period than many of the fans of the club are paid over the course of a year. should this not be notivation enough to be the best they can for the club who pays them?

as i said 'if' the players have issues with 'working' for this football club then let them go. thats what would happen in any other line of work.

Archived