IGNORED

Interesting Discussions From My Weekend Trip To Donny

Andy082005

Myself and a few lads decided to have a night out in Donny last Saturday so, as you do, booked a hotel near the town centre. Funnily enough, who should be sharing the same hotel?? Sean Thornton and there new goalkeeper (on loan, didnt catch his name but spoke with a foreign accent). We asked them to join us for a drink, which they did, and the topic quickly turned to the match. Sean was saying how City are possibly one of the most un-organised teams he has played against and unless we buy two decent midfielders, he could not see us getting out of the bottom four.

He also mentioned that one of his team mates used to play for GJ, and said he was one of those managers who you either loved or hated. Apparently, his team mate fell out with GJ so left Yeovil for Donny, but still has the utmost respect for the bloke and thinks hes a class manager who is always there for his players, especially the younger ones.

When asked if he is still friends with Stewart and Bridges, he said he speaks to Stewart quite a lot, and the bloke is devasted at how is City career is turning out and wants nothing more then to be playing week in week out helping us out of this situation.

Seemed a nice bloke, and is by far their best player

p.s speaking to some Donny fans to, and Sean isnt that well liked by their fans.....bring him to the gate I say

Guest Harry Dolman

I would guess the team mate he mentioned is McIndoe - who left Yeovil for Donny.

Thornton is class but a lot of Sunderland fans (& some Donny fans!!) think he is a bit of a waster.

Most interesting was Thornton's observations about the midfield. He dominated at Ashton gate on the first game of the season and we have been second best in this area ever since. And yet nobody inside the club appears to regonise this. Ok in fairness last minute efforts were made last week to do something but a little late and long overdue in my view. This has to be the main priority for January and I hope Gary Johnson has some players in mind that are significantly better than we have at the moment.

We will only survive by controlling games and winning the midfield battle, faliure to remedy thism will lead to a number of exits, firstly and most disturbing will be City from Divison 1.

Finaly in my analysis of last weekends game why did he not bring on Stewart and go three at the back when one down, when given the oppertunity of having to replace the left back. One up front and continuing with formations and certain personel in key positions, that are not performing, are leading factors in the record breaking eight match run.

I am sticking with Gary Johnson but I am getting concerned!

Guest Harry Dolman

Very good post, wondered why Mcindoe left them when he did with them being higher than Donny, but now we know why. And as for the midfield get Skuse out maybe a blessing in disguise his injury, although I never like to see a player injured.

I thought when Mcindoe left, Donny were higher than Yeovil (think Donny had just got in the league).

They both went up together, yeovil as Champs and Donny via play-offs (1st team to do so in the conference)

McIndoe left Yeovil because his agent was trying to get him as good a deal as he could elsewhere ... i think GJ fell out with him about his agent's influence on things....

Michael McIndoe left Conference side Hereford United to play for Yeovil Town under Gary Johnson then he transfered to Donny. Our midfield has been a problem since day one of the season and many - including me - have been saying the same for 2 years now. Indeed, Sean Thornton is a great midfielder as is Michael McIndoe we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now with midfielders like them. John Ryan, the Donny Chairman, is also a class above Steve Lansdown and John Ryan is getting Doncaster fixed up with a new ground soon. Expect little Doncaster to go places - they've already knocked Man City out of the league cup this season. :shifty::whistle:

Finaly in my analysis of last weekends game why did he not bring on Stewart and go three at the back when one down, when given the oppertunity of having to replace the left back. One up front and continuing with formations and certain personel in key positions, that are not performing, are leading factors in the record breaking eight match run.

top night out in doncaster! what hotel were you staying in? i heard rumours up there on friday and sat night that sean likes the "snow"

Our hotel was literally a 5 minute walk from the ground, and a £5 taxi ride to town, I forget what it was called now but began with C. Very good night out up there, where did you end up on the night?? we ended up in a club called Trilogy.....stayed open until 6am

:Party12: :Party12: :Party12: :vomit2:

Exactly what I was thinking whilst listening on the radio. Agreed with GJ that Youga had to be substituted before being sent off but why bring Heywood on, what does he bring ? We needed goals, GJ should have gambled on Stewart, we are always going to leak them and Heywood is NOT the answer.

Send him back to Swindon

As you can guess by now I am not his No 1 fan

to be fair mate, Heywood looked good when he came on, two lads who came with me are birmingham City fans and when he came on they were like "whos the number 4, he looks solid".

Archived