IGNORED

Is This The Secret?

exiledinwatford

GJ just like his predecessor seems to have no idea of our best formation and no idea of his best eleven. From match to match we never know who will be in the side or whether we are playing 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 or anything else. How on earth can the players perform under these conditions. Please just pick a formation, pick your best eleven and stick with it for 10 games - give the players a chance to get used to each other and get some understanding. How is it that teams with no players and no money like Doncaster, Brentford, and now S****horpe and Sothend continually punch above their weight? Try -

Phillips - Carey, Sankofa, Heywood, Woodman - Murray, Wilkshire, Russell, Smith - Brooker, Savage. Give them 10 games and only change things if someone gets injured or is just very very pants.

Psyco Smith, Partridge, Joseph, Stewart, Cotterill, Fortune, Orr (great heart but is he getting worse? Matt Hill used to pass better), Golborne, Gillespie, Brown, Keogh, Youga, Basso could all play instead of some or all of the above but at least get some sort of continuity. The exception is Cole Skuse who I honestly think could do with a rest for a few games - he'll be a real player.

I'm sorry to have picked Grant Smith I really am. We've never replaced Aaron and what a pity (or stupid move) to let Anyinsah get away. Speaking of letting players get away Heffernan has just scored against Aston Villa.

GJ just like his predecessor seems to have no idea of our best formation and no idea of his best eleven.

Ah, you've spotted that as well then :whistle:

From match to match we never know who will be in the side or whether we are playing 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 or anything else.

GJ told me that everyone who talked about a 4-5-1 was wrong!! I kid you not it was 4-3-3 when we attacked.Trouble is, we rarely attacked (

How on earth can the players perform under these conditions.

You can't.That's why we've lost eight on the spin.

How is it that teams with no players and no money like Doncaster, Brentford, and now S****horpe and Sothend continually punch above their weight?

And sides who spend a fraction of what we do, get promoted......In fairness, some have been relegated and struggled after promotion, but at least they've gone up and some, like Burnely & PNE have stuck or better.

Try -

Phillips - Carey, Sankofa, Heywood, Woodman - Murray, Wilkshire, Russell, Smith - Brooker, Savage.

Sankofa has gone back to Charlton for good.The midfield is, once again, walk through and Smith is as ineffective as the others when played wide left-no better-no worse.

We haven't got an attacking wide left player at the club.That's another problem with 4-4-2.

Apparently, Savage hasn't scored a league goal in 40 games :dunno: and is somewhat, well, er....crap, according to those who've watched him. I'll withold judgement until I've seen him.Surely MS has to be a better option over 10 games if we can give him some service??

Give them 10 games and only change things if someone gets injured or is just very very pants.

That's why there've been so many changes injuries, suspensions &, er, well.......PANTS

Psyco Smith, Partridge, Joseph, Stewart, Cotterill, Fortune, Orr (great heart but is he getting worse? Matt Hill used to pass better), Golborne, Gillespie, Brown, Keogh, Youga, Basso could all play instead of some or all of the above

Youga, thank God, has gone back to Charlton, Partridge is out for at least another fortnight-Golbourne is still injured :dunno: Fortune's on loan until Xmas, as is, I think Gills. See, not easy, is it :laugh:

but at least get some sort of continuity. The exception is Cole Skuse who I honestly think could do with a rest for a few games - he'll be a real player.

He's out for six weeks :shutup:

I'm sorry to have picked Grant Smith I really am. We've never replaced Aaron and what a pity (or stupid move) to let Anyinsah get away. Speaking of letting players get away Heffernan has just scored against Aston Villa.

Picking GS in his correct position, central midfield,where he scored 10 goals for a bad Swindon side in 23 games last season, would be a good start :angry:

Agree about AB, that cost us promotion and put JA down to poor admin and Tins taking the boy for granted.We should try to get him back!!

Picking GS in his correct position, central midfield,where he scored 10 goals for a bad Swindon side in 23 games last season, would be a good start :angry:

Agree about AB, that cost us promotion and put JA down to poor admin and Tins taking the boy for granted.We should try to get him back!!

Perhaps Harpal Singh is available - we could play him on the right! What's up with Skuse? Just back from Gran Canaria - couldn't get the Evening Post!

Guest ashtonyate

Yes you should stick with the same time as much as you can but Sofa gone back to Charlton Skuse has broken his arm so he has to change the team around that was the problem with Tinnion To many players out injured.

Yes you should stick with the same time as much as you can but Sofa gone back to Charlton Skuse has broken his arm so he has to change the team around that was the problem with Tinnion To many players out injured.

Cheers - he'll come back fresh. I wonder what team he'll come back to! Be interesting to check the Darlo website for any Bridges comments - I thought he was better than Stewart.

Cheers - he'll come back fresh. I wonder what team he'll come back to! Be interesting to check the Darlo website for any Bridges comments - I thought he was better than Stewart.

You won't get much joy on the Darlo website, mate........He's on the bench at Carlisle :laugh::doh::laugh::blush::blush:

He can't run.

The real problem with Bridges is very simple and very unsolvable.

He won't play games until he's fit and he won't get fit until he plays games.

It looks like Carlisle have found that out as well and he'll be back when his loan finishes :(

The turnover at Bristol City in the past eighteen months or so is best illustrated by the teamsheet for the match v Brighton on 24.4.05:

Manager: Danny Wilson

Squad:

Steve Phillips

Louis Carey

Mickey Bell

Tommy Doherty

Tony Butler

Matthew Hill

Luke Wilkshire

Joe Burnell

Lee Peacock

Lee Miller

Tin Man

Aaron Brown

Mike Stowell

Marc Goodfellow

Scott Murray

Lee Matthews

Christian Roberts

Danny Coles

Kevin Amankwaah

Tony Rougier

Marvin Brown

Craig Woodman

Clayton Fortune

Darren Caskey

Leroy Lita

Sekani Simpson

Darren Hawkins

The Fans

Some were loan or short term signings, but the majority were squad members and there or thereabouts when it came to playing in the first team. How many are laft? And look at the rubbish which has been signed since those days?

Now I'M stating the ########### obvious!

The turnover at Bristol City in the past eighteen months or so is best illustrated by the teamsheet for the match v Brighton on 24.4.05:

Manager: Danny Wilson

Squad:

Steve Phillips

Louis Carey

Mickey Bell

Tommy Doherty

Tony Butler

Matthew Hill

Luke Wilkshire

Joe Burnell

Lee Peacock

Lee Miller

Tin Man

Aaron Brown

Mike Stowell

Marc Goodfellow

Scott Murray

Lee Matthews

Christian Roberts

Danny Coles

Kevin Amankwaah

Tony Rougier

Marvin Brown

Craig Woodman

Clayton Fortune

Darren Caskey

Leroy Lita

Sekani Simpson

Darren Hawkins

The Fans

Some were loan or short term signings, but the majority were squad members and there or thereabouts when it came to playing in the first team. How many are laft? And look at the rubbish which has been signed since those days?

Now I'M stating the ########### obvious!

Between Tinman & Johno AND EXCLUDING Tinmans loans-54 in & out during their short tenure.

Archived