IGNORED

Why Is Lansdown So Bad?

Show Me The Money!

gazeowenred Posted Today, 4:54 PM

Well ok, so people having been pulling apart my post at the start of this thread but nobody seems to of taken on board my other post on here stating that Steve Lansdown is willing to step down as long as someone can take the club on further.

If people want him to go, we need someone else to fill his shoes.

This is what really amazes me about this City. We are one of the 10 biggest cities in the uk and we really seem to struggle to find any big investers.

Whoever comes in would have to shell out an enormous amount to buy out the current directors controlling shares and pay off the massive loan.

The directors have just converted £4 million of the £5.1 million debt into an interest free loan, which if they decide not to pay themselves back fully, they will convert into shares in the ASHTON GATE company. No new investor would want to come in and not own the ground!!

I also think that Sl himself has paid out about £2 million for his shares, so there is £7 million needed before any investment can go ahead, and this certainly was nowhere near that at the start of Sls reign!!

I know people said that Scott Davidson was making a mess of things financialy, but i thought the losses we made in relegation from the old second division were wiped out by the profit we made on akinbye and the sale of Jim Brennan ( a Benny Lennartson find from our youth/reserves who wasn't getting a game prior to Bennys arrival).

As i've tried to say, if the club wasn't being ran so badly and made and still making massive losses, then it would be a far more attractive proposition for any outside investor!!

Sl will not be going anywhere in the near future, but he must stabalise the clubs finances or even he won't be able to cover the debt. The trouble is that is not looking likely with new players desperately needed in what will be an inflated market in january, and no major assets on the playing staff now that could generate any substantial income!!

"the staff structure i agree is a mess,

we got more media spinners than those running the board room and

the football team...

as i posted elsewhere

Lansdown is surrounded by spin merchants

lansdown delegates to much, look at our who's who at city"

How many chairman of companies or businesses or football clubs do you know that work day to day for said business etc? The role of chairman is not as a paid employee it is a figurehead with responsibility for overseeing and strategic direction yes, but not day to day working. Therefore delegation is essential and a team of employees to take on day to day work is crucial. For a "business" the size of BCFC it is actually, in my view, understaffed in terms of management

"we got 1 chairman 1 director

1 club president

8 vice president? (more than running the football team)

1 honorary president (a cricket player)"

All non executive positions where people are not paid employees (I think) they give their time and experience for free, so I would be more than happy to see this number increase!

"10 jobs that are media related, more than the sodding football

team"

can't quite see how you get 10 on media related - commercial side maybe and this area is absolutely crucial in terms of income generation. I would guess that commercial side of BCFC is the one are that actually makes a profit that can be fed back into the footballing side (players wages, signings, stadium etc).

"compare us in staff to say doncasters staff they have a board room

we got a commercial media circus".

by my reckoning they have as many staff involved in media/commercial as we do. Equally I would argue that if we had that many spin doctors they are not doing a very good job of it - PR at BCFC often leaves a lot to be desired.

In terms of personalities - in any organisation you always need someone who is going to take the difficult decisions, the unpopular decisions that no one will like, because they always need taking. At BCFC a lot of this falls to the Chief Exec, so he is easy to criticise. I am by no means suggesting that BCFC/Colin etc have got it 100% right or that they don't make mistakes, they do and have. But there also seem to be a lot of fans who would have a go at them for anything.

I think the sooner the Supporters Trust and Supporters Club can begin to organise the fan base more and represent fans views directly and calmly to the Club on a regular basis the better, because I believe a lot of the dissatisfaction between fans and the CLub comes from poor communication and it is just possible that both these Supporters organisations can go some way to alleviating some of that problem?!?

"the staff structure i agree is a mess,

we got more media spinners than those running the board room and

the football team...

as i posted elsewhere

Lansdown is surrounded by spin merchants

lansdown delegates to much, look at our who's who at city"

How many chairman of companies or businesses or football clubs do you know that work day to day for said business etc? The role of chairman is not as a paid employee it is a figurehead with responsibility for overseeing and strategic direction yes, but not day to day working. Therefore delegation is essential and a team of employees to take on day to day work is crucial. For a "business" the size of BCFC it is actually, in my view, understaffed in terms of management

"we got 1 chairman 1 director

1 club president

8 vice president? (more than running the football team)

1 honorary president (a cricket player)"

All non executive positions where people are not paid employees (I think) they give their time and experience for free, so I would be more than happy to see this number increase!

"10 jobs that are media related, more than the sodding football

team"

can't quite see how you get 10 on media related - commercial side maybe and this area is absolutely crucial in terms of income generation. I would guess that commercial side of BCFC is the one are that actually makes a profit that can be fed back into the footballing side (players wages, signings, stadium etc).

"compare us in staff to say doncasters staff they have a board room

we got a commercial media circus".

by my reckoning they have as many staff involved in media/commercial as we do. Equally I would argue that if we had that many spin doctors they are not doing a very good job of it - PR at BCFC often leaves a lot to be desired.

In terms of personalities - in any organisation you always need someone who is going to take the difficult decisions, the unpopular decisions that no one will like, because they always need taking. At BCFC a lot of this falls to the Chief Exec, so he is easy to criticise. I am by no means suggesting that BCFC/Colin etc have got it 100% right or that they don't make mistakes, they do and have. But there also seem to be a lot of fans who would have a go at them for anything.

I think the sooner the Supporters Trust and Supporters Club can begin to organise the fan base more and represent fans views directly and calmly to the Club on a regular basis the better, because I believe a lot of the dissatisfaction between fans and the CLub comes from poor communication and it is just possible that both these Supporters organisations can go some way to alleviating some of that problem?!?

only thing i agree out of all that is poor communication..

the point of the issue is not payment but how well these people are doing their jobs

free of charge or not there are jobs there that are not priority, more should be looked at at

the football level and more money investing directors rather than pushing a pen around

for a few hours for a free seat in the williams, this is how many fans see that list on the

who's who page.

Interesting topic. Quite a range of views.

Mine: Mr Lansdown has kept the club going. Aint noone else going to do it- Serious anyway.

He has problems on two points: The general attitude of the club towards the fans is bad and gettin worse!! People have mentioned Mr Sexton, and who can forget Gould? Something there to sort out steve, more hands on, or employing a better team.

The other is the Managers: we have been making wrong decisions since Ward (and yeah I know SL werent there), and the accumulative damage they've all done is finally comin home to roost.

Step forward Pen1s, Wonderson, and Tinnion, for your huge efforts to cock the club up, we heartily salute you. Think we have to get it right now, we really cant afford another disasterous spell. Steves been there for agood chunk of it, and if the rumours are right about Taylor (twice), Moyes, McGee, Sturrock et al, it does make you wonder...........the over rated Wilson, the the rank amatuer Tinnion, and the charlatan Pulis, are during his watch. But I reckon he'd be the first to admit those errors.

McGuire was a joke, and I cant see Scott Davidson coming back, so SL is going to be stayin, so lets hope he gets it right, for all our sakes.

Archived