IGNORED

Doherty

Guest Homer

Does anyone else think that we should never have sold him? I bet all those people who gave him a good slating on here before he left are now looking back and thinking "what if we had not made him our scapegoat, that we all decided we were going to have a good winge about, we might not be doing so bad now". :yawn:

Guest Harry Dolman

Selling him was not a problem, not replacing him was the crime. :@

Spot on & you can put Mickey Bell & Leroy in that boat to. All sold for valid reasons, but none replaced.

Does anyone else think that we should never have sold him? I bet all those people who gave him a good slating on here before he left are now looking back and thinking "what if we had not made him our scapegoat, that we all decided we were going to have a good winge about, we might not be doing so bad now". :yawn:

Yeah we should have kept him.

Then we'd have had the benefit of 15 league appearances out of him. One of those he was sent off in, one of those was a sub appearance and no less than 7 of them he failed to complete 90 minutes in, once being taken off before half time.

We miss him lots. I bet Holloway is loving the return on investment he gets for his £150k and £7k a week.

Nibor

No, I'm thinking that with all the stuff on here about stopping the big time charlie, drinking culture at AG that it's laughable you even suggest it. :laugh:

There were 2 Tommys-the one that arrived as an unassuming youngster who had everything and a big future then suffered two career threatening injuries and the one of recent years who was a pale shadow of that player.Indisciplined and unprofessional, even to the point of not trying until ten games of the season were left and his contract was up.

Also, given that returning players have hardly covered themselves with glory, I don't want another one.......unless it's Lita or Andy Cole perhaps!!

Selling him was not a problem, not replacing him was the crime. :@

Amen & Spot ON.

Players leave, that's football.

It's who's here that counts.

Guest Denhilson

Yeah we should have kept him.

Then we'd have had the benefit of 15 league appearances out of him. One of those he was sent off in, one of those was a sub appearance and no less than 7 of them he failed to complete 90 minutes in, once being taken off before half time.

We miss him lots. I bet Holloway is loving the return on investment he gets for his £150k and £7k a week.

Nibor

what the ###### are you on about? it wasnt 150k, it was around 85k actually. and no he's not on 7k a week if you read my post on another thread about Tom and stop listening to so called 'supporters' you'd get a clue.

Hate to say it but even Dinning would look good in our side at the moment :doh:

When Bristol City signed him my friends here in Wigan practically wet themselves laughing, then proceeded to arrange street parties to celebrate his departure.

It was at this point that I began to suspect that all was not well.........

Archived