IGNORED

Can I Be Bothered To Go On Tuesday Night?

Guest jon

Well, I've put my money where my mouth is and bought a season ticket. And I haven't missed a home game so far this season.

However, I will not be going to the Bradford game on Tuesday night. Why? Beacuse I just cannot be bothered.

For the last two months I've made the effort to come over to the Gate (I live in South Wales) and put up with utter drivel and constant dross. Seeing as the Team cannot be bothered (and many of them are earning far more than I could ever DREAM of), then neither can I.

I'll be at the Huddersfield game, and I've even arranged when we're going away for New Year around the City (driving up to Scarborough after the game on the 28th, back on New Year's Day). But Tuesday night v Bradford is my one man protest.

Scooter Red

(Fed up of Caldicot)

Well, I've put my money where my mouth is and bought a season ticket. And I haven't missed a home game so far this season.

However, I will not be going to the Bradford game on Tuesday night. Why? Beacuse I just cannot be bothered.

For the last two months I've made the effort to come over to the Gate (I live in South Wales) and put up with utter drivel and constant dross. Seeing as the Team cannot be bothered (and many of them are earning far more than I could ever DREAM of), then neither can I.

I'll be at the Huddersfield game, and I've even arranged when we're going away for New Year around the City (driving up to Scarborough after the game on the 28th, back on New Year's Day). But Tuesday night v Bradford is my one man protest.

Scooter Red

(Fed up of Caldicot)

I'm sorry to hear you live in Wales, it must be hard. :(

Scooter Red

(Fed up of Caldicot)

I can't wait for Tuesday. I love going to football (even when we are on an 8 match downer) & I wouldn't want to do anything else.

Come on you Reds :city:

Guest harveythompson

I will be going. I love night matches at the gate. Its when the fans are on their best form. We need to get right behind the boys for 90 minutes and we will hopefully win! :chant6ez:

Guest Ronmeister

I can't go next Tuesday, and won't go next Saturday, because I don't see the point in doing a 60 mile round trip lasting about 5 hours to watch a shambles and get frozen and depressed. Could go to the south pole instead tbh

Guest harveythompson

I can't go next Tuesday, and won't go next Saturday, because I don't see the point in doing a 60 mile round trip lasting about 5 hours to watch a shambles and get frozen and depressed. Could go to the south pole instead tbh

Armchair fan eh ronald

And that is surely the point of supporting City. It cannot be an act of logic. It is an act of supreme irrationality, as is the following of any football team, particularly one that has rarely troubled the top flight. Given that following City is not a rational act, surely it makes more sense for you to do a 60-mile round trip lasting five hours to watch a shambes and get frozen and depressed than it would be to travel down the road in the sun to watch us win and go away happy. I think. Or perhaps I got confused there. Whatever, I'll be going.

By the way, what do you drive to games that manages 12 miles an hour - a C5? :whistle:

Guest Ronmeister

And that is surely the point of supporting City. It cannot be an act of logic. It is an act of supreme irrationality, as is the following of any football team, particularly one that has rarely troubled the top flight. Given that following City is not a rational act, surely it makes more sense for you to do a 60-mile round trip lasting five hours to watch a shambes and get frozen and depressed than it would be to travel down the road in the sun to watch us win and go away happy. I think. Or perhaps I got confused there. Whatever, I'll be going.

By the way, what do you drive to games that manages 12 miles an hour - a C5? :whistle:

I leave home at 1pm, get to the ground at around 2, leave at 4:45 and get home at 6 - 5 hours. In hindsight it looked like I was saying that it was a 5 hour trip, sorry.

But despite my thoughts about the situation, after the last 4 home games, despite getting myself to go, i've come back depressed, angry and bloody freezing.

No more :pinch:

I leave home at 1pm, get to the ground at around 2, leave at 4:45 and get home at 6 - 5 hours. In hindsight it looked like I was saying that it was a 5 hour trip, sorry.

But despite my thoughts about the situation, after the last 4 home games, despite getting myself to go, i've come back depressed, angry and bloody freezing.

But we're going to win on Tuesday Ron. You wouldn't want to miss that, would you?

And I bet you told Scott you were going to be there. Tut tut.

Guest Ronmeister

But we're going to win on Tuesday Ron. You wouldn't want to miss that, would you?

I can't go on Tuesday :)

And I'm NOT going on Saturday, because we're going to lose. Although I'll probably end up going cause it might be a good game :blush:

I hate football, always wins me over :@

Chivs - I told Scotty we would stay up. I lied, damn it, I lied!!!

Guest harveythompson

I can't go on Tuesday :)

And I'm NOT going on Saturday, because we're going to lose. Although I'll probably end up going cause it might be a good game :blush:

I hate football, always wins me over :@

Chivs - I told Scotty we would stay up. I lied, damn it, I lied!!!

Great attitude mate. :doh:

Scooter Red

(Fed up of Caldicot)

I'm travelling down from Wigan.... can I use your ticket?

Guest Ronmeister

Great attitude mate. :doh:

Yeah and to think, when we "smash" Huddersfield you'll be laughing and I'll be sitting here with egg on my face...

...Back to reality :rolleyes:

I can't wait for Tuesday. I love going to football (even when we are on an 8 match downer) & I wouldn't want to do anything else.

Come on you Reds :city:

I'm exactly the same! Love it!

C.T.I.D

COME ON YOU REDS ! ! !

Lets have some volume tuesday night... Get behind the lads and lift the roof off

right from the first whistle... not 20 mins from the end!

We do a 100 mile round trip and it only takes about 50 mins each way! what do you go on a push bike? :unsure:

Guest Ronmeister

On Monday I am going to a gig in Bristol.

On Tuesday I am going to the City match.

I am coming home in between.

That's an aggregate distance (there and back, there and back) of around 400 miles. I'm sure you can manage 60 Ron...

On Saturday yeah, I could, definately. But I'm undecided on whether I want to waste a Saturday down at AG, or doing something else that would benefit people more that I can drop into.

Archived