IGNORED

Sports Dvds Etc

lukejones2

Hi all

I know that this is probably technically not allowed on the forum but I would ask the mods to turn a blind eye. I am sure it won't offend anyone and it is about Bristol City you see...

Anyway, the company who own the rights to (but no longer produce) the Bristol City Centenary video have a website on which they sell many sport and some non sport DVDs. They kindly agreed to let us use footage from the centenary video for our launch at no cost and I have negotiated an arrangement with them whereby any DVDs sold to people when they visit this link:

http://www.greenumbrellashop.co.uk/cgi-bin...co.uk/acatalog/

will have 7% of the sale value given to the Bristol City Supporters Trust. As you know, this money will then go back into the club earning the fans more of a voice at the club with the aim of board representation.

So, if anyone is looking to buy a DVD or video for someone at Christmas - have a browse. Their fishing collection is great and they have a good selection of Man Utd and Chelsea DVDs along with various other clubs. Have a borowse, it won't do any harm and nobody is forcing you to buy anything. It would also be excellent if you could pass this link to anyone and everyone you know.. every penny counts remember!

You can also access the link via www.bristolcityst.org.uk if you like.

Thanks for reading and thanks for all of your support so far guys and girls!

Luke Jones (2 ;) )

Hi all

I know that this is probably technically not allowed on the forum but I would ask the mods to turn a blind eye. I am sure it won't offend anyone and it is about Bristol City you see...

Anyway, the company who own the rights to (but no longer produce) the Bristol City Centenary video have a website on which they sell many sport and some non sport DVDs. They kindly agreed to let us use footage from the centenary video for our launch at no cost and I have negotiated an arrangement with them whereby any DVDs sold to people when they visit this link:

http://www.greenumbrellashop.co.uk/cgi-bin...co.uk/acatalog/

will have 7% of the sale value given to the Bristol City Supporters Trust. As you know, this money will then go back into the club earning the fans more of a voice at the club with the aim of board representation.

So, if anyone is looking to buy a DVD or video for someone at Christmas - have a browse. Their fishing collection is great and they have a good selection of Man Utd and Chelsea DVDs along with various other clubs. Have a borowse, it won't do any harm and nobody is forcing you to buy anything. It would also be excellent if you could pass this link to anyone and everyone you know.. every penny counts remember!

You can also access the link via www.bristolcityst.org.uk if you like.

Thanks for reading and thanks for all of your support so far guys and girls!

Luke Jones (2 ;) )

Luke,

do we have to give any indication to them that we are buying using the ST link?? Don't want to waste my money if the ST aren't getting anything! :ph34r:

Luke,

do we have to give any indication to them that we are buying using the ST link?? Don't want to waste my money if the ST aren't getting anything! :ph34r:

Thanks for the question Andi, no you don't. They are able to track the purchases made and will automatically send me an email (not telling me the details of the customer) when a purchase is made using the link above. They will then send us a cheque for 7% of the amount spent on a regular basis. I will be able to ensure they are paying us the full amount by reconciling with the emails I receive. I shall make my purchase later on this week to ensure that the system is correctly working.

In the meantime, if anyone makes a purchase and is concerned whether or not the Trust are made aware they could PM me here and I will be able to confirm if we have been informed of the purchase.

I would add that I have worked on this comanes accounting systems in the past and have completed due diligence on a business they purchased so I know them very well and can vouch for their honesty. There are three directors, one is a big City fan, another a big Chelsea fan. They are a cracking bunch of guys and even has a dart board in the office for when you need that little "idea break!"

Guest The Codfather 0312

Surely in your location you spend the odd day out on a boat! Be mad not to...

Anyways, perhaps that bit was aimed at the codmaster ;)

I will have a look on there now then get the misses to get me one for xmas.

Guest The Codfather 0312

Tut tut tut. They only have River fishing not sea fishing, I'm angry now. There is a book called the little book of fishing that interests me so if anyone wants to get me it as B-day pressie for sat or a xmas pressie feel free to do so.

Guest Ronmeister

Tut tut tut. They only have River fishing not sea fishing, I'm angry now. There is a book called the little book of fishing that interests me so if anyone wants to get me it as B-day pressie for sat or a xmas pressie feel free to do so.

Yes Codfather, we'll all rally round and get you a Fishing book for Christmas :blink:;)

Archived