IGNORED

Travel To Yeovil

swampy

Guest Mr Brightside

if you live in bristol i would say coach because the train stations are both a long way from the ground so you would need to get a taxi costing extra.

if you live in bristol i would say coach because the train stations are both a long way from the ground so you would need to get a taxi costing extra.

Ah forget the prices - I'd rather pay 20 quid extra per away game to go on the train as perferred to the CATS - strange people travel on the CATS coaches .... especially coach 1

Guest Ronmeister

Ah forget the prices - I'd rather pay 20 quid extra per away game to go on the train as perferred to the CATS - strange people travel on the CATS coaches .... especially coach 1

Benerz goes on Cats :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Says it all really :whistle:

Guest DrFaustus

In both of the last 2 seasons, a train return to Yeovil has cost no more than £8. You need to ask Wessex Trains about group savers to get these prices, but as long as there are an even number in your party, you'll get a good deal. Be warned...on the return trip to Bristol, when most people are on the same train, the genius management of the train companies still deem it necessary to have the same number of carriages as on the arrival train. (Plainly, not everyone does as we did and get there for opening time!). This leads to crowding and a smoky atmosphere!

The walk from the station to Huish can be done, but the best advice is to head into the town centre. This is approximately a 15 minute stroll. There you will find loads of football friendly boozers. The good people of Yeovil are a friendly old lot also, especially given that they're too close to Chard for anyone's wellbeing! If you find the pub that suits you and yours, book a cab for 2.45. Cabs were costing us around £4-£5 to the ground....bugger all really.

On the way back, leaving early has been the option for us as we got hammered by the green and whites on both occasions. If you find yourself in the same situation...wander across to the main road into Yeovil and the buses will stop anywhere. As for bus prices, our driver on both occasions has been more than happy to forgo the issue of tickets for the collection which went round the bus in a cap. "quiet trip that one Guv, they were all in the football" - everyone is a winner.

Have a great day out and enjoy the town and the hospitality of Yeovil. There is some spiteful, vindictive nonsense written by some on our board concerning Yeovil Town FC and it's ex-manager. That is just sour grapes. The ground is compact and bijou, the fans are great, the people in general are sound and the whole day is yours to make.

Enjoy.

Guest Mr Brightside

:rofl2br: everbody loves coach 1

In both of the last 2 seasons, a train return to Yeovil has cost no more than £8. You need to ask Wessex Trains about group savers to get these prices, but as long as there are an even number in your party, you'll get a good deal. Be warned...on the return trip to Bristol, when most people are on the same train, the genius management of the train companies still deem it necessary to have the same number of carriages as on the arrival train. (Plainly, not everyone does as we did and get there for opening time!). This leads to crowding and a smoky atmosphere!

The walk from the station to Huish can be done, but the best advice is to head into the town centre. This is approximately a 15 minute stroll. There you will find loads of football friendly boozers. The good people of Yeovil are a friendly old lot also, especially given that they're too close to Chard for anyone's wellbeing! If you find the pub that suits you and yours, book a cab for 2.45. Cabs were costing us around £4-£5 to the ground....bugger all really.

On the way back, leaving early has been the option for us as we got hammered by the green and whites on both occasions. If you find yourself in the same situation...wander across to the main road into Yeovil and the buses will stop anywhere. As for bus prices, our driver on both occasions has been more than happy to forgo the issue of tickets for the collection which went round the bus in a cap. "quiet trip that one Guv, they were all in the football" - everyone is a winner.

Have a great day out and enjoy the town and the hospitality of Yeovil. There is some spiteful, vindictive nonsense written by some on our board concerning Yeovil Town FC and it's ex-manager. That is just sour grapes. The ground is compact and bijou, the fans are great, the people in general are sound and the whole day is yours to make.

Enjoy.

If we book a cab for 2.45 we would of missed the game, and nearly every city fan will be at least on there way home if not home! :whistle:

Guest DrFaustus

If we book a cab for 2.45 we would of missed the game, and nearly every city fan will be at least on there way home if not home! :whistle:

That's the last time I try and help you lot out. Ungrateful urchin :)

I gather from your response that your game is an early kick off? If by some miracle, you're still in the same division as Yeovil next year, then think on my advice!

That's the last time I try and help you lot out. Ungrateful urchin :)

I gather from your response that your game is an early kick off? If by some miracle, you're still in the same division as Yeovil next year, then think on my advice!

Yeah 12 oclock kick off.

Hey you never know they could be coming down with us!

I mean, were not going down! :unsure:

Enjoy.

Cheers.......we are going down by Car, but the driver is going down to Exeter after so we have to make our own way back!..........

have to be honest, I don't fancy getting on a bus! train it is then!......plus I suppose we can start drinking!

Guest pirate100

wen dus c*ty play yovul? is it satuday?................ or is it fryday?................... or is it not for a long long tyme?.............. is eny c*ty suporturs going too wotch them........... i downt think yoo shood cus yoo mite lose................ it is a posiblility though int it? brarhfmugshmutt blaaaaagmbnh u

wen dus c*ty play yovul? is it satuday?................ or is it fryday?................... or is it not for a long long tyme?.............. is eny c*ty suporturs going too wotch them........... i downt think yoo shood cus yoo mite lose................ it is a posiblility though int it? brarhfmugshmutt blaaaaagmbnh u

And to think you won 'Gashead writer of the year award'

I thought Lennie Lawerence was banned?

Guest DrFaustus

taxis will not go to and from the ground for a hour before and a hour after so they do not get stuck in traffic

They did last year and the year before!

Guest DrFaustus

They did last year and the year before!

Yes, but that's because you don't get much traffic at a Gas game. :whistle:

That's because we don't put others lives at risk by drink driving. You heathen hordes will be rolling about rat-arsed on your tractors, blocking the roads no doubt.

Enjoy.

When I saw this I was really worried about you DrF.

You sound like you are mellowing towards us in your old age, belated birthday wishes by the way!!!

Then I saw the above post (sorry but I still can't master that multi quote thingy) and relise you are fit and well! :D Panic over!

Guest DrFaustus

When I saw this I was really worried about you DrF.

You sound like you are mellowing towards us in your old age, belated birthday wishes by the way!!!

Then I saw the above post (sorry but I still can't master that multi quote thingy) and relise you are fit and well! :D Panic over!

Thank you madam! 41 and feeling it.

The words about Yeovil were heartfelt. I wish them nothing but good luck. As for your mob, some of you are nearly human I guess. :blink:

Archived