IGNORED

Phillips Or Basso For Bradford Match?

jordanscottbcfc

I personally think that Basso will continue in goal agaisnt bradford after a good performance at doncaster he made several good saves to keep the scoreline down. Although of his recent good performance i would prefer to see steve phillips back in goal and was last season said to be the best keeper in the league now his position has been taken by a 30-year-old brazilian i have neaver heard of before. Do you agree to that steve phillips should be back in the starting line up or do you think basso deserve his chance?

Guest Harry Dolman

Phillips has been credited with M-O-M on a number of occassions this season. He's made a few mistakes, his confidence has probably suffered but for all his faults; crosses, commanding his box etc, he's still the best shot stopper in this division.

Undoubtedly, on form he is a very good shot stopper, but the best in the Div ?? I am not saying that definitely isn't the case, but I guess most of us (certainly me), only see other teams players, once, maybe twice a season so it can be easy for form an incorrect. I always though that Pogliwotsit was great in goal for Oldham, but he seemed to find some bad form & then get the boot & a dream transfer to Blackpool.

Undoubtedly, on form he is a very good shot stopper, but the best in the Div ?? I am not saying that definitely isn't the case, but I guess most of us (certainly me), only see other teams players, once, maybe twice a season so it can be easy for form an incorrect. I always though that Pogliwotsit was great in goal for Oldham, but he seemed to find some bad form & then get the boot & a dream transfer to Blackpool.

Fair point, I haven't seen a better shot stopper, but then I haven't seen any of the clubs in the Southern third of the country. He is a regular pick in the Divisional side. If he could dominate his area, take crosses and kick consistently then he would be playing at a higher standard.

Believe me Oldham to Blackpool would be a dream move for the majority of Olhamites!

BASSO 100% looks more solid then Phillips did recently and was Man of the Match last game, hardly likely to drop him is he?

I think Stevie is on his way out anyway. Shaaban will probably sign in January and Steve will go...I think.

Archived