IGNORED

Northampton Wingers

PhatWill

Was speaking with a friend who supports the Cobblers and he said that the service from their midfield this season has been excellent. They have Eion Jess pulling the strings in the centre and 2 very good wingers in Martin Smith and Josh Low, both of whom have played at the level we are currently at or higher.

Low is 27, obviously ex-Gas, Cardiff and Oldham...has played much of this season, scores goals and signed a contract with N'ton in 2003.

Smith is 31, ex-Sunderland, Sheff U and Huddersfield...has played up front and thus has a pretty good goal-scoring rate, almost 1 in 3 having scored 22 in 80 appearances for N'ton. He also signed in 2003.

Any know anymore about these players - worth a look?

Both their contracts are up in summer '06 I think.

Was speaking with a friend who supports the Cobblers and he said that the service from their midfield this season has been excellent. They have Eion Jess pulling the strings in the centre and 2 very good wingers in Martin Smith and Josh Low, both of whom have played at the level we are currently at or higher.

Low is 27, obviously ex-Gas, Cardiff and Oldham...has played much of this season, scores goals and signed a contract with N'ton in 2003.

Smith is 31, ex-Sunderland, Sheff U and Huddersfield...has played up front and thus has a pretty good goal-scoring rate, almost 1 in 3 having scored 22 in 80 appearances for N'ton. He also signed in 2003.

Any know anymore about these players - worth a look?

Both their contracts are up in summer '06 I think.

Why would they want to join us?? We could be swapping divisions come the end of the season. Oh, sorry, I forgot, we're a BIG club

Why would they want to join us?? We could be swapping divisions come the end of the season. Oh, sorry, I forgot, we're a BIG club

We're not a 'big' club but we're bigger than clubs like Northampton. We always have done, and will continue to attract players of this ilk to our club.

They're two perfectly reasonable suggestions.

We're not a 'big' club but we're bigger than clubs like Northampton. We always have done, and will continue to attract players of this ilk to our club.

They're two perfectly reasonable suggestions.

I've never been convinced by Low, seems inconsistant. Smith is a very good player though, who I think could do a job for us.

In all fairness, why the heck would we want to bring in Martin Smith at this stage of career anyway??? :dunno:

By the time his contract is up, he will be 32 and I presume it's a suggestion for the left-midfield role so unless he's superhuman like David Eyers at Oldham then there's no point in even looking at this guy. As for Josh Low, I agree with 'Northern Red' he does seem very inconsistent. We should be attracting these players in when they're in their prime and being released from bigger clubs not now

Archived