IGNORED

First Bus Bristol

StapleHillPhil

First Bus have announced yet another round of price rises with the news that a peak time all day ticket will now cost £4.40. I wouldn't mind so much if we were getting a top notch service but the buses are old and the reliability is patchy.

How do the authorities let them get away with these prices in a city which is thought to suffer from the worst traffic congestion outside of London.

edit - yes I know its in the wrong bloomin forum but my excuse is that I've spent too much time following the teachings of NTTDS.

First Bus have announced yet another round of price rises with the news that a peak time all day ticket will now cost £4.40. I wouldn't mind so much if we were getting a top notch service but the buses are old and the reliability is patchy.

How do the authorities let them get away with these prices in a city which is thought to suffer from the worst traffic congestion outside of London.

£4.40 for a FirstDay? I'm staying in Derby then. T055ers

because our spineless council allowed First to have a monopoly on the city's transport in the first place. That's pretty much it. The closest we've come to any 'rebellion' from First's control is the safety inspection that happened a few months back, and what came of it? nothing.

It wouldn't be so damn bad if they didn't take pride in turning in 8-figure profits. That way we'd actually question where our money was going instead of realise, painfully, that it isn't going back into the services :@

First Bus are an embarrasement to Bristol, The public and themselves. I hate using the buses when I have to and thats not often.

My opinion is that first bus contribute to Bristols traffic problems as they charge far to much, more than London by far.

If Bristol City Council want to sort out Bristols traffic problems then Barbara Jank or what ever her name is must stand up and look at the public transport prices.

Keep putting it up Bristols Traffic will get worse.

I just hope she gets stuck in needless trafic jams.

MM

First Bus Bristol are incompetent waisters, when my car was off the road i had the misfortune of needing to rely on the bus service for a month and it was a JOKE!

NEVER EVER on time, Drivers that don't stop, drivers that are lucky i didnt break their ******* face on several occasions!! :@

If you want to get your own back all you have to do is COMPLAIN!! Each complaint made will cost the company money, so if we all call up and moan like buggery about the way they treat us we at least are reaassured to know its costing them money, the greedy ***** s

First

Enterprise House

Easton Road

Bristol

BS5 0DZ

Customer Services Tel: 0845 602 0156

Managing Director: Alex Perry

I actually got compensation from them for continual failure in being late, one night Feb this year i waited for 3 hours in the freezing rain and then again the next day and again the next day, THEY ARE F!CKING USELESS!!

The porfit this company makes is DISGUSTING, and we should all do what we can to put them out of business for good!! :@ :@

Guest The Codfather 0312
First Bus Bristol are incompetent waisters, when my car was off the road i had the misfortune of needing to rely on the bus service for a month and it was a JOKE!

NEVER EVER on time, Drivers that don't stop, drivers that are lucky i didnt break their ******* face on several occasions!! :@

If you want to get your own back all you have to do is COMPLAIN!! Each complaint made will cost the company money, so if we all call up and moan like buggery about the way they treat us we at least are reaassured to know its costing them money, the greedy ***** s

First

Enterprise House

Easton Road

Bristol

BS5 0DZ

Customer Services Tel: 0845 602 0156

Managing Director: Alex Perry

I actually got compensation from them for continual failure in being late, one night Feb this year i waited for 3 hours in the freezing rain and then again the next day and again the next day, THEY ARE F!CKING USELESS!!

The porfit this company makes is DISGUSTING, and we should all do what we can to put them out of business for good!! :@ :@

But if we all did complain then they would just rase the prices again to cover there losses.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I can't understand why the bus service is so bad, their train services are brilliant. To be fair, Bristols roads don't help, but that does not justify the cost got a ticket or the shoddy service.

For the first time ever I've felt the need to reply to an Evening Post article... now to see if it gets published.

It revolves around the claim that they are pre-empting the higher fuel cost from April, when they need to buy more fuel. They are merely 'softening the blow' so to speak.

Bull hooks. In April I can bet you that they'll be another fare increase, with the excuse being 'higher fuel costs'.

They seem to think that we keep forgetting the last fare increase. They're a joke.

Nothing's their fault.

Higher fares? It's the insurance and fuel.

Buses late? It's the lack of bus lanes.

But you now have your bus lanes... why are they still late? Ah, it's because people don't have the correct change!

Your drivers are miserable It's because people are so horrid to them

That's because they've had to put up with higher fares, dirty buses, late buses, and they've just been stood at that bus stop for an hour and a half waiting for a bus that's meant to go every 20 minutes! That's not the point

The fares have gone up again! Fuel prices have gone up again

By 22% like last time? Ah, so the insurance costs have gone up as well. Besides, it's cheaper if you buy a multi-journey ticket in advance

Why do all your drivers drive off before OAPs have had a chance to sit down, sending them flying? Well, you wanted the buses to be on time, didn't you?!?

Your cheaper multi-journey tickets have gone up now! Ah, fuel. And insurance. Oh, and our subsidy has been reduced...

Welcome to Bristol's public transport system.

But if we all did complain then they would just rase the prices again to cover there losses.

Yeps it could be a vicious circle, but why should we pay?

The goverment fines them for every complaint we make, if they contine to price hike then it wont be the First i'll be calling twice a week it will be my MP (whoever that useless waister is)

First are responsible and commited to give the City of Bristol a reliable, safe, clean and cost effective way of traveling. well that is UTTER UTTER CRAP!

Reliable: MY ARSE!

Safe: The Drivers are from either remploy or Albania

Clean: MY ARSE, not literally, but i saw a soiled nappy on the 76 once, i nearly hurled.

Cost effective: MY ARSE! I'm going to write to my MP and Downing Street and ask for an enquiry as i think this company is corrupt.

I can't understand why the bus service is so bad, their train services are brilliant. To be fair, Bristols roads don't help, but that does not justify the cost got a ticket or the shoddy service.

They get paid on how many services they 'say' they run, First addmitted to me they pull busses of less popular routes in rush hour if needs be, ok fair enough, but what about the poor few who were waiting for that bus, the goverment PAYS First to ensure that route is running, they are ****** crooks!!

I used to catch the 49 nr emmersons green, and instead of it running through Staple Hill, Fishponds, Stapleton Rd and in the centre, but somtimes the driver will say 'F!uk that, i'm late so i'll just drive down the M32 to town and start the route again and SOD everyone waiting for me becuse its rush hour and the company will make more money as everyone wants to get home from town, i know this is true becuase i used to jump on somtimes and take the short cut down the M32 with him, didnt stop for anyone, lights off on the bus and stuff.

Guest The Codfather 0312

So we shouldn't complain about a shoddy service then?

Genius.

Yea we should complain but if we do then we will get hit in the pockets again.

I hate the busses and try to avoid them as much as possible.

I live in Thornbury as you know and if me and my family go oout for the day to Bristol then we have to get a early bus like 8 o clock. But the problem with this being that it is full of loads of spotty kids going to Filton Collage. There is never anywhere to put the buggy as the kids think the buggy space is for there massive collage bags( why they have such big bags I don't understand) Then there is never any seats so on many occasions I have been forced to satand with my baby in my arms. What if thebus suddenly breaked? And none of these spotty kids could care ess that you have a baby in your arms andwont give your seat up for you.

I have had to do this many times and now I am just sick of it so tend notto use the busses. My baby was 3 weeks late and when my misses was heavily pregnen(42 weeks) we were doing some last minute shopping up the mall for the baby and we were getting the last busfrom the mall to Thornbury and there were loads of people waiting for the bus and when it came everyone rushed to the front and knocked my misses over and they didn't even stop to see how she was. If they would of hurt her or my unborn child well they wouldnt be here today.

I think I've got the full set of FirstBus incidents now. I've been on a bus that's crashed, a bus that's run over a cyclist, a bus that knocked over a pedestrian, a bus that was in such poor repair the door actually fell off and a bus that broken down (this one's happened more than once).

I've also been humiliated by a driver who called me a liar when refusing to accept a valid return ticket from me and forced me to pay for another fare. FirstBus gave me a lot of compensation for this one to be fair, though I've since seen that driver on the same route and his attitude hasn't changed one bit. Funniest thing was, when I complained about this, they didn't reply for weeks. When eventually they got back to me (which was only after I threatened to get higher authorities involved) they apologised and said their response had been delayed due to circumstances outside their control. Sounds familiar...

I think I've got the full set of FirstBus incidents now. I've been on a bus that's crashed, a bus that's run over a cyclist, a bus that knocked over a pedestrian, a bus that was in such poor repair the door actually fell off and a bus that broken down (this one's happened more than once).

And insurance cost are up 89% because of vandalism right, I'm sure it is nothing to do with the number of crashes and people getting run over.

Does anybody have any insight into how First Bristol is funded as opposed to the operations in other major cities? I was back in Birmingham last weekend and not only were 90% of buses no more than three years old, but the maximum journey price was fixed at £1.10. When I was last living in Brum 18 months ago the same bus ticket was £1.05, so how come their service isn't having to constantly pass on fuel increases to the public?

Is it best to complain to the local councils, MPs, Alex Perry of First (I thought he was supposed to leave months ago?), or somebody else?

I was staggered that they are again increasing the fares again. The buses are always late, overcrowded, dirty and unreliable and too expensive.

How is this encouraging people to leave their cars at home?

The cost of fuel did rise when there were scares about a shortage a few weeks ago , but it went down again. Did the fares decrease, did they hell!

Yes we should complain I agree, but it seems there have been 2 or 3 fare increases since they were fined for being so bad so we get hit whatever we do.

I like your list of incidents Purple Monkey Dishwasher but can you beat this? Mr RedM went into town for a night out, sensibly left his car at home and caught the bus. The bus crashed on Bristol Bridge, no one hurt but all very shaken. In the fall Mr RedM lost his keys from his pocket. The next day he went to collect them from the bus companies lost property and has a heck of a job getting them back without paying their handling charge. Yes they wanted him to pay them for the priviledge for having a crash whilst on their bus!!! It was a few years ago now and insurance companies hadn't started all those 'have you been in an accident that wasn't your fault' claims or we might have sued the pants off them, and no doubt raised the fares further!

I was 35 minutes late for college the other day, i said; "oh, the bus was late" and i got; "get an earlie one", which was the one i was waiting for, 1 hour 5 minutes on the stop is a joke, and the other day, i missed out on work as it took the (Am I naughty or what!) getting to stockwood road and got a disipline from work because which i havent complained about yet. Its a joke, 36 especially, must be the worst service in South Bristol.

I don't ever get the bus, because of all the reasons above, but i do have a complaint about them. Last week i was on my way to work through bris down sandy park, where there are 4 bus stops in all 2 either side, on this day when i got to the back of the traffic queue i notinced 2 double decker buses going my way one of which had stopped to pick people up. As the traffic started moving the second bus thought he could over take the other, WRONG! I then had to endure 35 mins sat in my car because the buses had made it impossible for anyone to move either way, this made me late for work and made my boss very angry.

The buses are crap the bus drivers are in the main bankers, and the people who run this company are badturds who know full well for the people who get the bus, in the main, this is the only way they can get to work so they knwo people will pay it. My mum paid £630 for a year long bus ticket today in preperation for when the cost goes up which will save her £74!!!!! That increase is stupid and unacceptable. ######s

Guest bristolbred

£4.40 for a FirstDay? I'm staying in Derby then. T055ers

Bus fares in Derby are hit and miss!!

Between the Railway Station and the London Road Business Park, the Bus Drivers make up their own fares!!

A single can be as cheap as 65p, or as dear as £1:10.

:disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

Archived