IGNORED

'call Ourselves Fans' - ?

richieb

Many points have been raised from the SL interview.

Whether we agree or disagree with the way the message was put over, its quite clear that we need to entice those missing fans.

Key solution is obviously the standard of football, and no doubt Division 1 footy will be the biggest pull to increasing gates.

Getting into the top 2 this season will also see the missing 1000's come back.

But the real trick is the facilities.

We have a huge catchment area, so did Hull, so did Southampton, Reading & teams alike.

Too many home comforts are available now. We HAVE GOT to transfer these comforts to off field facilities.

While the stadia is still good for a 2nd div club, its becoming increasingly obvious that it is p1$$ing a lot of fans off & after a long day at work, they can't be ###### to get out & try & get a pint & a poor excuse for food.

If we go to the pictures, we would be more akin to go, if the movie was at Warners, rather than the Curzon.

I know the club are aware of this, but to the fans too much talking has been done & not enough action.

Hull are a good example, turning crowds of 5/6000 into 17/18000 - mainly due to the new stadium.

We need the facilities improved & if SL needs to know why so many are missing, I invite him to go through the turnstyles before the game, try & get a decent drink & food, find a clean seat & a concourse at half time that you can warm to a nice cup of Bovril.

Queue & listen to that pathetic half time draw & try & get back to your seat before the 2nd half seat.

The answer is there - the fans are there - just get moving on improving the cr@p facilities. :D

And to update the ground we need more money, and where do we get more money from getting more fans to come to watch football. If we go up though the ground may be redevloped. Having only been in teh Atyeo once, for Cardiff away playoff last year, which wasn't really a true game I can't really say what the facilities are like. Are they better than the ones in the other stands as the stand is newer?

Archived