IGNORED

Positive Mental Attitude

LocoPal

1st and foremost congrats to our lads that sang their hearts out in the last 30 mins at the Chesterfield game in the Atyeo (even when those other supporters left us in one our darkest moments of the season after 60 minutes). If ever the worst was to bring the best out of us, that was it. We have something here that has only been witnessed at most away matches in the last few years.

Well done, we love you! Keep it up.

Yes, i have questions and here they are. Are we missing Brian Jones (psychologist) more than we realise. Have these lads lost their way? Do they need this kind of comfort blanket to bring them through again? Should he be reinstated short term, if only to help bring things around?

Football is a confidence game and motivating your players is paramount for any manager.

It would seem that even Jose Mourinho couldn't turn this lot around right now with the resources available at BCFC, so please don't lay blame at GJ's door. He has inherited this mess. Sacking may seem the 'quick fix' and the excitement of appointing a new manager would take our minds off our plight, but we should surely, all know that there is something very wrong with this group of players. The experienced players that have performed at this level year on year are not producing, and not 'showing the way' for their younger colleagues.

Stay up or go down, it will take three years before GJ has 'his' team and is fully accountable.

Sorry about the rant (9 ciders in the barrel) burp!

LocoPal

1st and foremost congrats to our lads that sang their hearts out in the last 30 mins at the Chesterfield game in the Atyeo (even when those other supporters left us in one our darkest moments of the season after 60 minutes). If ever the worst was to bring the best out of us, that was it. We have something here that has only been witnessed at most away matches in the last few years.

Well done, we love you! Keep it up.

Yes, i have questions and here they are. Are we missing Brian Jones (psychologist) more than we realise. Have these lads lost their way? Do they need this kind of comfort blanket to bring them through again? Should he be reinstated short term, if only to help bring things around?

Football is a confidence game and motivating your players is paramount for any manager.

It would seem that even Jose Mourinho couldn't turn this lot around right now with the resources available at BCFC, so please don't lay blame at GJ's door. He has inherited this mess. Sacking may seem the 'quick fix' and the excitement of appointing a new manager would take our minds off our plight, but we should surely, all know that there is something very wrong with this group of players. The experienced players that have performed at this level year on year are not producing, and not 'showing the way' for their younger colleagues.

Stay up or go down, it will take three years before GJ has 'his' team and is fully accountable.

Sorry about the rant (9 ciders in the barrel) burp!

LocoPal

We definately miss the psychologist. In my mind its a vital part of the game now.

And GJ is accountable. The team he inherited isn't bad, they just aren't being used properly.

There are far worse squads in this division.

There are far worse squads in this division.

The league table suggests otherwise.

What are you basing that on and which clubs have worse squads?

As far as confidence goes, I doubt any other team is worse than us.

I doubt many squads are as imbalanced as ours.

And God knows how our squad of players compare with others in terms of commitment, professionalism and determination. Poorly I'd imagine.

There's no way of knowing how our squad compares with others fitness-wise, but we can say for sure that we've had one of the most injury hit seasons of all the teams.

Our squad's disciplinary record is bad and all our sending offs have come at crucial parts of games.

I accept that we have some players that should be able to cut it at this level, but I'm not sure that ranks ours as a good squad.

Archived