IGNORED

Brooker

blackthorn slice

i heard last night brooks would have been a sheff wed player by now if he never got injured.anybody heard this?hope its not true as i think he,s been 1 of are best players in this dire season. :dunno::(

Why can't it be true?! I think him and Wilkshire are off- either in Jan or End of season regardless. Whatever Johnson does this season he will have a rebuilding job on his hands next season.

i heard last night brooks would have been a sheff wed player by now if he never got injured.anybody heard this?hope its not true as i think he,s been 1 of are best players in this dire season. :dunno::(

Is true, but got knicked and in trouble + injurys and Sturrock walked away. Was told £350,000 was on the table, but reckon we ought keep him

IF that is is true, and he does actually leave, then that's us down in the basement next season.

Brooker is still under contract, and that's not about to expire (unlike Wilkshire), and I seriously cannot believe that the board would sanction the move - unless he wanted out of course. Then that money would have to be reinvested in another striker - not part of it - all of it.

Guest sprout1883

Well, the cash would allow GJ to buy the entire Yeovil team! Plus a few sets of kit. I'll be honest, I can believe anything of GJ, he is so desperate to have 'his' players.

Lee Johnson and darren Way are probably top of his hit-list as well as jevons. Wouldn't be suprised if he tried to get Gavin Williams from west Ham either

IF that is is true, and he does actually leave, then that's us down in the basement next season.

Brooker is still under contract, and that's not about to expire (unlike Wilkshire), and I seriously cannot believe that the board would sanction the move - unless he wanted out of course. Then that money would have to be reinvested in another striker - not part of it - all of it.

Are you sure Brooks not out? Apparantly he thinks he is!

Wiltshire's future must be in the balance as he clearly, and rightly, wants to optimise his chances of breaking into the first 11 of his national team.

Brooker, i have every confidence, will be a city player for some time to come.

Brooker, i have every confidence, will be a city player for some time to come.

I don't share your confidence.

If Brooker doesn't go in January to fund new signings then he'll be off before next season.

He said he came to City looking to play Championship football, and whatever happens we're not going to be able to offer him that for some time.

And Championship clubs are reportedly keen on him.

I don't share your confidence.

If Brooker doesn't go in January to fund new signings then he'll be off before next season.

He said he came to City looking to play Championship football, and whatever happens we're not going to be able to offer him that for some time.

And Championship clubs are reportedly keen on him.

crikey oh reilly mate, nothing is sacrosanct is it. i suppose 'for some time to come' you can read another 3 1/2 weeks then. I doubt brooks would command a huge fee though.

um seeing so the transfer opens in jan i doubt it very much..think about what you just said!

Sheff Wed aren't going to be able to stump up the £1million+ that Swansea supposedly want for Trundle.

Sturrock was impressed with Brooks performances against Wednesday (especially on the last day) so I can see him going there in Jan.

All paves the way for Agogo coming this way in my humble opinion!

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

it was hull who wanted him, a few weeks ago and pre season, but he was injured and rep was destroyed a bit, so they got paynter

I can't imagine why we'd sell Brooker. It makes no sense whatsoever.

I'd much much rather have Brooker than Agogo.

Nibor

We need money, Simple as that, Brooker will be worth a lot less next year in the 4th Division, and his wages are far too high for that div.

Expect to see all high high earners removed from this club between now and the start of next season, these will be replaced with quality like Bas savage who are being paid peanuts and won't question what GJ has ever done in football.

I'd much much rather have Brooker than Agogo.

Nibor

Brooker's 5x the player Agogo is, so if the going rate for Brooker is 350k., i trust City wouldn't offer more than 70k. for Agogo.

Better still, leave him well alone.

I look upon the striker signing, whether Brooker goes or not, as a good test of GJ's capabilities to turn things round.

I really hope he'll have something much more imaginative lined up than the massively over-hyped Agogo from across the road.

Brooker's 5x the player Agogo is, so if the going rate for Brooker is 350k., i trust City wouldn't offer more than 70k. for Agogo.

Better still, leave him well alone.

I look upon the striker signing, whether Brooker goes or not, as a good test of GJ's capabilities to turn things round.

I really hope he'll have something much more imaginative lined up than the massively over-hyped Agogo from across the road.

Totally agree.

I'd love it even more if he could actually figure out how to provide Stewart with some decent quality balls into the box and recall Gillespie and play him off the bench. We wouldn't need a striker then.

The midfield is a far bigger concern for me.

Nibor

Archived