IGNORED

Lost Again But...

mozo

Well done City boys for finally looking like a real team. They worked hard, played nice football, and didn't look half as chaotic as of late.

The fans were just as good. Noisy and positive, the supporters made an impact on the game and showed how much they love the club despite it's obvious flaws.

Not one player looked like a 'waster' or 'gutless'. In effort, they gave the fans their money's worth, which is probably why many stayed after the final whistle to applaud the team off.

How we didn't win is a frustrating mystery. The football Gods have decided that nothing's to go our way this season, epitomised by the bizarre own goal - the kind of incident that only happens to teams down on their luck.

I sincerely hope the players take heart from this, and continue in this vain on Saturday and beyond. I also sincerely hope that the stay-aways listen to the reports of those that withstood the chill tonight at Ashton Gate, and reconsider their views on the team.

Unlucky City, more of the same from now on.

Well done City boys for finally looking like a real team. They worked hard, played nice football, and didn't look half as chaotic as of late.

The fans were just as good. Noisy and positive, the supporters made an impact on the game and showed how much they love the club despite it's obvious flaws.

Not one player looked like a 'waster' or 'gutless'. In effort, they gave the fans their money's worth, which is probably why many stayed after the final whistle to applaud the team off.

How we didn't win is a frustrating mystery. The football Gods have decided that nothing's to go our way this season, epitomised by the bizarre own goal - the kind of incident that only happens to teams down on their luck.

I sincerely hope the players take heart from this, and continue in this vain on Saturday and beyond. I also sincerely hope that the stay-aways listen to the reports of those that withstood the chill tonight at Ashton Gate, and reconsider their views on the team.

Unlucky City, more of the same from now on.

WE don't NEED LOANS! one started tonight, we looked up for it. GJ has the players here.

WE don't NEED LOANS! one started tonight, we looked up for it. GJ has the players here.

Maybe.

Also though, some of the players whose performances have been letting their manager down performed far better today. Woodman, Carey and Orr - players that I have criticised this season (justifyably so, in my mind) - justified their inclusion tonight.

The work rate was much better than in recent weeks too. Finally!

i can't believe that this is happening to my once proud club. 9 defeats in a row is simply unforgiveable for any team whatever league there in.

City did play well, but we don't have the strikers. I thought the midfield were quite creative then usual tonight which is nice but today proves that a striker has to be TOP of Johnsons list followed by 2 Defenders and 2/3 Midfielders. We simply have to be very greedy in the transfer market in January.

Come On Gary, Sort it Out mate :pray:

i can't believe that this is happening to my once proud club. 9 defeats in a row is simply unforgiveable for any team whatever league there in.

City did play well, but we don't have the strikers. I thought the midfield were quite creative then usual tonight which is nice but today proves that a striker has to be TOP of Johnsons list followed by 2 Defenders and 2/3 Midfielders. We simply have to be very greedy in the transfer market in January.

Come On Gary, Sort it Out mate :pray:

Stick Bridges along side Brooker it will happen!

Tonight was the first game (in what I hope will be many) where we actually looked like more of a team instead of just 11 individuals.

The refereeing was shocking, and it should have been a penalty in my opinion not an indirect free kick.

Still at least we managed to get a City player on the score sheet, albeit in the wrong goal!

much improved performance

the ref was absolutley awful ( both ways ) and should be at least droppped a division if he performs like that every week

the team actually looked to have a bit of confidence at last and even kept their heads up after that very unlucky own goal

bradford were cr~p and didnt deserve anything at all. very negative and also spoilt the game with niggily fouls

signs of improvement all round. Brooker held the ball well and thought the defense looked more like a unit

:devil::devil::devil:

Very positive display today, well done boys!

Each and every player gave 100% today and did us proud! I was especially impressed with Noble who i thought showed some good touches and passes.

Well done once again boys, will be a tough game on sat but i think that performance shows that we have a chance! :city:

Agree this was an improvement, but the team lacks any real quality. It will be very difficult to lift the players as this was probably as well as they can play. And they lost. We are, I'm sorry to say, going to be relegated.

I thought Noble, Russell and Wilkshire all showed passing quality. We defended well, the only thing we were missing was the final finish! No different to games when we've been top of thre league!

A lot of positives can be taken from this game!

Agree this was an improvement, but the team lacks any real quality. It will be very difficult to lift the players as this was probably as well as they can play. And they lost. We are, I'm sorry to say, going to be relegated.

That clearly wans't 'as well as they can play'. That would involve us scoring some of our chances.

This was as well as they can play............think about it

I had a little think (thanks for the suggestion) and I don't agree with you.

If they play the same on saturday, without the misfortune of a bizarre own-goal, and with the likely event of us putting a chance away from one of the numerous penetrative attacks, we will have played better - and won.

Non?

The sad thing is when you play pretty well at home against a mid table side and lose - you know you are in trouble!

Out of interest, the word 'bizarre' has been used about the og. What happened?

I was at the other end, but it was along the lines of a tame effort, wicked deflection sending it looping away from keeps and in off the post or summat.

I had a little think (thanks for the suggestion) and I don't agree with you.

If they play the same on saturday, without the misfortune of a bizarre own-goal, and with the likely event of us putting a chance away from one of the numerous penetrative attacks, we will have played better - and won.

Non?

I was at the other end, but it was along the lines of a tame effort, wicked deflection sending it looping away from keeps and in off the post or summat.

I admire your optimism.

While I would agree the performance was better, it was hardly earth shattering and we actually LOST the game, didn't we?

The own goal was unfortunate and bizarre, but that doesn't excuse the fact that we squandered so many chances to score.

It doesn't matter how well we play, we won't win games if we can't score.

As for the referee, the reason he gave so many decisions against us was because he was right most of the time. We were so slow, especially in central midfield, we were either late with tackles or having to tug shirts in order to get at the ball.

The only one he missed was the blatant one on Brooker late on when everyone in the ground apart from him saw it.

I think that we played really well tonight, probably the brst that i have seen the midfield play all season, although i like Cole Skuse and i am sure that he a great future with the club, tonight the midfield played together.

Noble I thought was a good loan signing, butwhat reallt worries me is that signing Russel, Noble, in the central midfield roles will probably mean that Luke may well be n his way in January, I really hope not but I feel the writing is on the wall.

Brooks needs an early Christmas Present and that is a new pair of Shooting Boots, and I really hope that they are not serious abot Bas Savage, they must have bought him in to give us something to smile about especially as we have been down in the dumps lately.

I am also really impressed with Adriano Basso, is improving with every game, controls his area well and looked a good signing, so all in all it was a good night we certainly deserved to have won that game last night and I hope that the players don't get their heads down, play like that agian on Saturday io am sure that the goals will come and we can turn that corner.

Well played lads keep it up.

Archived