IGNORED

My Opinion On The Game Tonight

Betelgeuse

Overall we didnt deserve to lose but just weren't good enough to win. To many sloppy mistakes and bad decisions. Still not playing like a team, just individuals.

the team

Basso 6 (out of 10) Not much to do really, quiet game.

Orr 4. Passing and crossing was very poor, tackling wasnt to good either. Wasnt in the game much.

Woodman 3. don't no why he's in the team. Cant pass or tackle, gives the ball away far to much with pointless long balls to nobody. Saw him make about 2 or 3 crosses and they just went out for goal kicks, terrible.

Carey 5. To be far he didnt have much to do but still very poor distribution with the ball when he had it.

Heywood 5. Same as carey really but better in the air. Best defender tonight, though dosent mean to much.

Wilkshire 7. Did his best, he is to good a player for the rest of the team, the rest just aren't on the same wave length. Although a few corners and free kicks were a bit poor. Why did he go off???

Cotterill 6. Not to bad but sometimes did one to many tricks rather than a simple pass. Just hoping this bad run dosent affect his confidence to much.

Russell 4. Not sure if he's over his injury but he was poor. Passing both long and short was awfull and he dwells on the ball to much, gets dispocessed alot.

Noble 4. Didnt notice him much at all. Never really got stuck in, not sure if he's the answer to midfield.

Brooker 7. Like wilkshire he's far to good for this set of players, shooting wasnt the best but at least he was shooting! Think he had about 90% of our efforts tonight.

Stewart 6. Offside far to much and still doesnt look fit, tried sometimes but other times look out of it.

Subs:

The 2 smiths didnt make any impression and Savage? well he wont save us from the drop i promise u that!

Overall we didnt deserve to lose but just weren't good enough to win. To many sloppy mistakes and bad decisions. Still not playing like a team, just individuals.

the team

Orr 4. Passing and crossing was very poor, tackling wasnt to good either. Wasnt in the game much.

Woodman 3. don't no why he's in the team. Cant pass or tackle, gives the ball away far to much with pointless long balls to nobody. Saw him make about 2 or 3 crosses and they just went out for goal kicks, terrible.

Carey 5. To be far he didnt have much to do but still very poor distribution with the ball when he had it.

Heywood 5. Same as carey really but better in the air. Best defender tonight, though dosent mean to much.

Wilkshire 7. Did his best, he is to good a player for the rest of the team, the rest just aren't on the same wave length. Although a few corners and free kicks were a bit poor. Why did he go off???

Cotterill 6. Not to bad but sometimes did one to many tricks rather than a simple pass. Just hoping this bad run dosent affect his confidence to much.

Russell 4. Not sure if he's over his injury but he was poor. Passing both long and short was awfull and he dwells on the ball to much, gets dispocessed alot.

Noble 4. Didnt notice him much at all. Never really got stuck in, not sure if he's the answer to midfield.

Brooker 7. Like wilkshire he's far to good for this set of players, shooting wasnt the best but at least he was shooting! Think he had about 90% of our efforts tonight.

Stewart 6. Offside far to much and still doesnt look fit, tried sometimes but other times look out of it.

Subs:

The 2 smiths didnt make any impression and Savage? well he wont save us from the drop i promise u that!

I thought Woodman was better than anyone we've had at LB recently? Got stuck in at least :blink:

Orr was better than 4.. and Noble and Russell were better than 4s but you're right in that Noble wasn't noticed.

And God help us if Bas Savage comes on again :pray:

I agree that woodman is a better left back than anything with had for a while but i feel he's playing above his level like orr. These arn't the players we need to stay up, they have they're good games but I'm affraid i've seen far more bads games from them. We need more attacking full backs like the good old Barnards and brennans! ah the old days!!

Johnson lost it with his substitutes.

At times played good football with no edge but the temptation to hoof it was irristable.

Woodman played well and gave more effort than usual.

Brooker was either injured or overweight.

Stewart played well but he has to work for the ball.

Bas is a joke almost as bad as Madjo. Where does he find them?

Mid field was as good as we have seen this season until Gary broke it up.

No Skuse was a big improvement.

I thought Orr played well and wholeheartedly but he needs to spend EVERY afternoon on the training ground learning how to pass.

I thought Woodman was better than anyone we've had at LB recently? Got stuck in at least :blink:

Orr was better than 4.. and Noble and Russell were better than 4s but you're right in that Noble wasn't noticed.

And God help us if Bas Savage comes on again :pray:

If a player isnt noticed in my books it means he hasnt had what you would call a bad game

Think you must have an obstructed view behind a pilar or just a tainted view on Orr and Woodman.

All or these players had good games tonight, with our midfield looking solid before GJ messed with it, Orr should have been MOM

Unbelievable! The defence looked good, Woodman and Orr solid, but no, blind prejudice says blame those two. Carey and Heywood played well, but no, we can't give them credit. Russell and Noble were OK, but again, low marks. Wilkshire was wasted on the left, played OK, but an odd choice for mom. Why judge a match objectively when you can just trot out the old prejudices? :@

Guest alex1089

Wilkshire was the best player on the park by far and showed some of the best play by a player at this level. Stewart diden't have a good game but when he came off and big bas savage came on we lost all passing that we had because the defenders had an excuse to hoof the ball up to savage and he was usless. When Wilkshire came off I knew we had absolutly no hope what-so-ever in getting a result as he is the main player. When stewart came off he should of put noble and wilkshire in the middle and let them create unlike Russel was. Wilkshire was good but can be even more effective in the centre. Good performance just lacked the shooting power and the final 3rd. Carey was excellent in my opinion because he looked very commited and won most balls and kept windass out of the game. Cadamartri is a dirty little **** and a poor player.

Think you must have an obstructed view behind a pilar or just a tainted view on Orr and Woodman.

All or these players had good games tonight, with our midfield looking solid before GJ messed with it, Orr should have been MOM

Sorry but completely disagree, Orr MOTH?? If i had an obstructed view then u must have watched a completely different game! Orr and woodman's distribution was rubbish, we need full backs that can attack too! Orr is better at right back but i've seen plenty better than him this season for visiting teams. Woodman cant pass, tackle or cross. I promise u we will not get out of trouble if these 2 stay in the team. All the people around me have simular feelings towards these players so i'm not alone. Just wait untill we play a good team with good wingers!

I thought Orr had a good game as did all our defence. His passing was poor becuase he was clearly told to launch the ball up to wings which was being cut out everytime as Gary Johnson was applauding it.

I thought Cotterill struggled a bit, but that, I put down to inexperience. He lost the ball in the first half and Bradford picked it up and looked dangerous, to the fury of Heywood and Carey. But in all I thought he coped very well during the 90 minutes.

Overall I thought the entire team played very well, but we all still look for weaknesses and critism in place of support.

MM

Orr and Woodman both had good games, I don't think Bradford managed to get past either full back once to put a cross in, Woodmans also managed to put in a couple of very good crosses in the second half when he got forward.

It would be great to see both full backs bombing on but on the losing streak we are on and letting in goals th way we have been you have to say that the most important thing for them was to be defensively sound and for me they both did that.

Also people have been quick to criticise Basso on this forum but I thought he was excellent last night his distribution was first class and the few shots he had to save he did really well in holding on to them especially the free kick that bounced in front of him in the first half.

I think we may well of found someone to challenge Phillips at last, well done Basso for a good solid performance

Also people have been quick to criticise Basso on this forum but I thought he was excellent last night his distribution was first class and the few shots he had to save he did really well in holding on to them especially the free kick that bounced in front of him in the first half.

I think we may well of found someone to challenge Phillips at last, well done Basso for a good solid performance

I agree with you there he does look a good keeper some of the goals he has concede he couldnt really do much about and not even the best of keepers would have saved them.

Guest ashtonyate

the team

Subs:

You say we should not of lost but if your ratings are right either Bradford were very poor or your ratings are wrong

Archived