IGNORED

Russell

tommy doc

• Admin

we lost control of the game when stewart was subbed

You don't control a game up-front.

Russell was doing a lot of good work (obviously unnoticed by the masses) in midfield which Grant Smith was incapable of replicating. This is where we lost the game.

• Admin

Sorry but i cant agree

Yes his passing was off

but his general midfield play was good

Russell and Noble ran the midfield tonight

and when was the last time you could say that

about a city midfield

Thank you for confirming the game I watched tonight took place.

You don't control a game up-front.

Russell was doing a lot of good work (obviously unnoticed by the masses) in midfield which Grant Smith was incapable of replicating. This is where we lost the game.

without a decent outlet up front, possession and "control of the midfield" are useless

Thank you for confirming the game I watched tonight took place.

It really did - I saw this too.

Also, Cotterill started wastefully, but as the game wore on he began to look to make up ground then look for the early ball. When he adds discipline to his game, he'll be a real treat.

It really did - I saw this too.

Also, Cotterill started wastefully, but as the game wore on he began to look to make up ground then look for the early ball. When he adds discipline to his game, he'll be a real treat.

I agree.

The moaning and groaning when he makes a mistake, however minor, helps nobody either.

yeah agree tonight was probably the best central midfield performance I have maybe seen this season,

Russell tired as the game went on, but did look very impressive considering only his 2nd start of the season, sprayed the passes around well once he settled into the game and looks a tidy player, we lost the plot though when him and Stewart went off.

Noble also looked a good player

Russell looked like a bloke who hasnt played much football of late, His passing was a little off at times BUT I thought his movement was fantastic.

He was always avalible for a pass and with match fitness I think he could become a very good player.

So how do you explain his woeful passing ?

This is what happens when you have a creative midfielder who tries to make things happen. Sometimes - SHOCKER - they will misplace a few passes. His short-range passing was immaculate and his positioning was always excellent. I think he's going to be a key player for us in the coming months.

However, many fans didn't seem to be able to see what he was doing right, and only jeered the stuff that went wrong. Do you notice how many times players are in a shooting position but lay it off to someone else? WHo else thinks that might be an issue with the players not wanting the crowd on their back?

• Admin

This is what happens when you have a creative midfielder who tries to make things happen. Sometimes - SHOCKER - they will misplace a few passes. His short-range passing was immaculate and his positioning was always excellent. I think he's going to be a key player for us in the coming months.

However, many fans didn't seem to be able to see what he was doing right, and only jeered the stuff that went wrong. Do you notice how many times players are in a shooting position but lay it off to someone else? WHo else thinks that might be an issue with the players not wanting the crowd on their back?

I've been saying this for years.

With the way the fans at Ashton Gate "support" our players, many of them become introverted in their play and won't try the risky moves etc for fear of being hounded out of the club if it doesn't come off.

With hindsight, could this go some way to explaining Wilson's introverted management style in his fourth year here? The first 3 years were reknowned for our attacking play so the fourth "score a goal and sit on it" season was certainly against the norm and fits the word "introverted" perfectly.

his passing was all over the place, but also his general play reminded me of bradley orr. nuff sed.

Why does noone seem to like Bradley Orr, considering he is playing out of position, he is currently the best right back at the club, and he's not doing such a bad job there either, his tackling and defensive play last night was V good

Guest essex exile

Have to say he played rather well al though his passing was a bit wayward at times he controlled the midfield well also him and noble did a good job breaking up the play in front the back four something we've been missing for a while when teams have run straight through us.

Heres to better things i hope. :dance::dance::pray:

Russell looked like a bloke who hasnt played much football of late, His passing was a little off at times BUT I thought his movement was fantastic.

He was always avalible for a pass and with match fitness I think he could become a very good player.

Agreed, lets see what he is like if he can stay MATCH fit.

Guest PapaLazarou

his passing was all over the place, but also his general play reminded me of bradley orr. nuff sed.

we desperately need cole skuse back. He's been consistantly our best player all season. he just needs someone decent to play along side him. i'd love to see joe burnell back playing along side him. then you have two players who will physically control the game. and then cole skuse's creativity. we'd be knocking on the door of the play offs again in no time

without a decent outlet up front, possession and "control of the midfield" are useless

Which is precisely why we did not force their keeper into making a decent save all night. The control we had of the midfield was not matched by the two up front I'm afraid. In my opinion we need Brooker up front with a bit of pace alongside him but Johnson seems to prefer 6ft plus players.

we desperately need cole skuse back. He's been consistantly our best player all season. he just needs someone decent to play along side him. i'd love to see joe burnell back playing along side him. then you have two players who will physically control the game. and then cole skuse's creativity. we'd be knocking on the door of the play offs again in no time

Skuse has a good future in the game, hopefully at this club, but for now he'll have to be patient . He'll deputise for Russell and should learn a lot from him.

Noble looked decent too.

I though Cotts got better as the game wore on as well.

Why does noone seem to like Bradley Orr, considering he is playing out of position, he is currently the best right back at the club, and he's not doing such a bad job there either, his tackling and defensive play last night was V good

It seems to be a Bristolian trait that once the crowd make up their mind about a player that is it - nothing can change it. Orr can be hit and miss with his distribution but the only left winger I have seen who has consistently roasted him is McIndoe (15 minutes at Donny last week). He was one of our better players last night but people just refuse to see it because they have already decided he is pants and are incapable or embarrassed for some reason to change their opinion.

Guest PapaLazarou

Skuse has a good future in the game, hopefully at this club, but for now he'll have to be patient . He'll deputise for Russell and should learn a lot from him.

Noble looked decent too.

I though Cotts got better as the game wore on as well.

but why be patient when he is the best natural footballer at the club. he reminds me of a young tommy doherty.

Guest essex exile

Which is precisely why we did not force their keeper into making a decent save all night. The control we had of the midfield was not matched by the two up front I'm afraid. In my opinion we need Brooker up front with a bit of pace alongside him but Johnson seems to prefer 6ft plus players.

Have to agree Bas Savage is not the answer we desperatly need some pace up front either alongside Brooker or Stewart maybe we do need Gillespie back??? :dunno:

but why be patient when he is the best natural footballer at the club. he reminds me of a young tommy doherty.

That's your opinion. What can't be disputed is his lack of experience. Cotterill was the only inexperienced player in the midfield and we looked a lot better. Murray'll probably play wide right when fit too. We might need the know-how and nous of the older players in this dog-fight.

Archived