IGNORED

Who Will Replace Johnson?

Irishred

Redknapp may not get the Portsmouth job, which will leave him at a loose end. I think he could do a great job for us. Brian Kerr is another good candidate who is available at the moment. I fear, however, that both would be too expensive for us after all the money we have wasted on GJ.

Redknapp may not get the Portsmouth job, which will leave him at a loose end. I think he could do a great job for us. Brian Kerr is another good candidate who is available at the moment. I fear, however, that both would be too expensive for us after all the money we have wasted on GJ.

Steady Irish. It aint going to happen. GJ is going nowhere whether you like it or not and clearly you don't.

This season was written off when we lost 7-1. from then on it was all about survival and will remain so for the next 26 games. we are where we are and have what we can afford but he has a very good track record just not with us... yet.

The problem is there doesn't seem to be a realistic chance off 3 points until the Rotherham game at the end of December. Can the board realistically hold on to a manager who will have lost 12 games on the trot at that point. He has punctured this club under the water line by destroying the confidence of the players. I hope I am wrong but I cannot see how he is going to be able to save the situation. he may have some ability, as his past record suggests, but it will not be enough to get us out of the hole he has dug.

The problem is there doesn't seem to be a realistic chance off 3 points until the Rotherham game at the end of December. Can the board realistically hold on to a manager who will have lost 12 games on the trot at that point. He has punctured this club under the water line by destroying the confidence of the players. I hope I am wrong but I cannot see how he is going to be able to save the situation. he may have some ability, as his past record suggests, but it will not be enough to get us out of the hole he has dug.

new gaffer comes in and does the same as johno - blames the squad he inherits - wastes another 3 months getting to grips with it all. narghhhh, don't buy it. knuckle down mate, its a long hall. patience is a virtue and all that. sacking managers is not the answer most especially now.

new gaffer comes in and does the same as johno - blames the squad he inherits - wastes another 3 months getting to grips with it all. narghhhh, don't buy it. knuckle down mate, its a long hall. patience is a virtue and all that. sacking managers is not the answer most especially now.

But Johnson has shown that he is having great difficulty in getting the squad to play as a team. Isn't it better to bite the bullet now when we still have a chance of avoiding relegation, rather than leave it until it's too late and relegation is a certainty?

By Christmas and the all-important transfer window, we could be so far off the pace that whoever Johnson 'brings in' will be too little, too late.

I rather lose another manager than face relegation.

Then I'm afraid we'll be relegated, because Johnson is taking us down, and that is a disaster.

Get a grip, Johnson is going nowhere, and I am looking foward to the short-termists eating their humble pie when we finish mid table. It is ludicrous to even consider changing manager, I thought their were plenty of encouraging signs in last nights game, and when we are able to sign a striker with some pace, a left sided midfielder and a central ball winner in January I think things will improve markedly. Johnson has had a dozen games with a inherited squad that was poorly constructed and lacking balance, he is slowly turning things around, and it would be disruptive and pointless to change managers at this stage. Show some faith and don't be so negative, everyone needs to pull together, hard work and patience is the only way this club will get out of trouble, so get used to seeing Johnson around for a long time to come.

Get a grip, Johnson is going nowhere, and I am looking foward to the short-termists eating their humble pie when we finish mid table. It is ludicrous to even consider changing manager, I thought their were plenty of encouraging signs in last nights game, and when we are able to sign a striker with some pace, a left sided midfielder and a central ball winner in January I think things will improve markedly. Johnson has had a dozen games with a inherited squad that was poorly constructed and lacking balance, he is slowly turning things around, and it would be disruptive and pointless to change managers at this stage. Show some faith and don't be so negative, everyone needs to pull together, hard work and patience is the only way this club will get out of trouble, so get used to seeing Johnson around for a long time to come.

Its funny how GJ recalls a few loaned out players, gets rid of all his useless signings and starts lasts night game with only 1 of his additions and yet you say your self last night was encouraging but this is a pants squad?

seems to me a bit of a contradiction there.

We will go down this season, like it or not, January is not a majical month when the FA are going to say we can have 20 points to help along as we're struggling. I wish people would stop going on about Jan and worry about today.

We have won 4 games from 20, we have lost 9 in a row, even in the dark days of the early eighties we didn't struggle like this , or more to the point play so badly under such poor guidance.

We are in desperate trouble NOW not January, By the time new players are on board, If they will come to a club almost certain to go down!, we will probably need to win ever remaining game to survive, Not Possable.

even in the dark days of the early eighties we didn't struggle like this , or more to the point play so badly under such poor guidance.

We are in desperate trouble NOW not January, By the time new players are on board, If they will come to a club almost certain to go down!, we will probably need to win ever remaining game to survive, Not Possable.

I was also there throughout City's plummet of the early 80's. I thought we were abysmal for 3 consecutive seasons at least, even if perhaps there wasn't one particular results sequence as bad as this. Alot of sentimental claptrap is written about this period - on many occasions the fans chatted through the games, barely taking any notice of the match, such was the atrocious standard and on others the loanees we had in were appalling. We can be proud that we continued to turn up at that time and of the heart shown by the youngsters who initially replaced the Ashton Eight, but the fare on the pitch became hopeless over the next season or two.

Undoubtedly, the present run of defeats deserved to end last night. City played well and were extremely unlucky not to get at least a point.

We won't need to win every game from January to survive even if we lose the 5 to come before then.

I think we'll get 4 more points before then, but even if we don't 10 wins plus two or three draws out of 21 games should do it. I'd agree that is highly unlikely, but it is quite possible that a couple of wins early on with the new players could lead to a steady run of results to haul us to safety.

But Johnson has shown that he is having great difficulty in getting the squad to play as a team. Isn't it better to bite the bullet now when we still have a chance of avoiding relegation, rather than leave it until it's too late and relegation is a certainty?

By Christmas and the all-important transfer window, we could be so far off the pace that whoever Johnson 'brings in' will be too little, too late.

And who says a new manager would be better at motivation and prayers which is all Gary has until January.

With all due respect to your opinion it makes zero sense what you are suggesting in every single way, financially, motivational, results et al.

Two points:

Un: The squad played like a team last night.

Deux: If you think that football is as simple as 'get a new manager and we'll avoid relegation', you're clearly not an expert.

Two points:

Un: The squad played like a team last night.

Deux: If you think that football is as simple as 'get a new manager and we'll avoid relegation', you're clearly not an expert.

French isn't my strong point but, Trois: A new manager would have to come in and assess the squad, target possible replacements and get rid of the players that will have to leave to finance new signings, All this in the 3 weeks before the Jan transfer window :blink: not to mention having to pick up a squad devoid of confidence after yet another manager comes off the conveyor belt.

That's without mentioning the minimum of 2 weeks that it would take to appoint the next "victim".

I was also there throughout City's plummet of the early 80's. I thought we were abysmal for 3 consecutive seasons at least, even if perhaps there wasn't one particular results sequence as bad as this. Alot of sentimental claptrap is written about this period - on many occasions the fans chatted through the games, barely taking any notice of the match, such was the atrocious standard and on others the loanees we had in were appalling. We can be proud that we continued to turn up at that time and of the heart shown by the youngsters who initially replaced the Ashton Eight, but the fare on the pitch became hopeless over the next season or two.

Undoubtedly, the present run of defeats deserved to end last night. City played well and were extremely unlucky not to get at least a point.

We won't need to win every game from January to survive even if we lose the 5 to come before then.

I think we'll get 4 more points before then, but even if we don't 10 wins plus two or three draws out of 21 games should do it. I'd agree that is highly unlikely, but it is quite possible that a couple of wins early on with the new players could lead to a steady run of results to haul us to safety.

I too watched our awful plummet from the top flight to Div 4 in successive seasons. What was really worrying about that period was that even with a good manager - Bobby Houghton, a great goalie - Jan Moller and Micky Harford as striker the slide still could not be halted. Bobby Houghton left under a cloud of financial irregularities and things got even worse. The worst thing that could happen right now is if Gary Johnson left - if he leaves we could be in freefall to the Conference !!!!!!! :ph34r:

Guest Mr Brightside

:w00t: Just checked the main site and for a moment thought we have signed Fergie!! :pray:

C'mon on the Mancs!!!!

i was going to make a joke on that, but then i thought....nah!

the real joke is our luck!

NO ONE!

BECAUSE HES GOING NOWHERE! :@

SIMPLE!

Think its about time all so called city fans get behind him what ever happens.

I am 100% behind Bristol city, but unfortunately Gary Johnson has insulted our club by making a mockery of the captain's role and undermining the confidence of the players. No matter what ability he has he will be unable to undo the damage. :@ :@

I am 100% behind Bristol city, but unfortunately Gary Johnson has insulted our club by making a mockery of the captain's role and undermining the confidence of the players. No matter what ability he has he will be unable to undo the damage. :@ :@

The same set of players that were a yard off pace against Swansea City to get hammered 7-1? :whistle: They got Tinman sacked so fair play to Gary Johnson for standing up to them.

The same set of players that were a yard off pace against Swansea City to get hammered 7-1? :whistle: They got Tinman sacked so fair play to Gary Johnson for standing up to them.

It would be interesting to see how many people would defend the players if THEIR job depended on them!

Archived