IGNORED

Disgusted At Certain "fans'" Behaviour

East Yorkshire CideRed

Just got off the phone to my Dad and I feel absolutely disgusted with the abuse him and his mate put up with from a certain section of the Dolman Stand on Tuesday night.

They are both Season Ticket holders and we have been sitting in the same area of the Dolman Stand for as long as I can remember.

I wasn't at the game but from his account Bas Savage was brought on. A group of 30 year old "lads" who have sat by us for years (and have never caused any trouble! They are vocal and passionate, but have never been any harm until now) started having a go about how sh#t he is etc. My Dad's mate turned round to them and said that they hadn't really seen anything of him yet, so how could they judge? Not rudely, just making a point.

This was returned with a tirade of expletives by all of these tough guys. My Dad tried to calm things down but was also subjected to the same abuse.

They let it go this time, frankly, I think they were too shocked to say anything. However if you were part of this group you should feel thoroughly ashamed of yourselves. Around 5 of you picking on two 50+ year olds! Pathetic. I hope you realise how disgusting your behaviour has been and apologise on Saturday. Bacause next time they won't be so forgiving and will report you. How would you like that??

Makes me sick.

I'm sorry to hear that story. Unfortunately, Rovers don't have a monopoly on morons (I'm only kidding Rovers chums). I've lost count of the number of times some dimwit tries to get a few cheap laughs by shouting out that so-and-so is a ****. Tragically, it always gets a few laughs from the rest of the thickos down there.

As for slagging off Bas Savage, that saddens me too. He's had 2 sub appearances and some "fans" are already slagging him off. You'd hope that in our current predicament the "fans" would get behind every player.

If anything will ever drive me away from this club, it's being associated with the dross of Bristol society.

:city:

Guest sprout1883

I'm sorry to hear that story. Unfortunately, Rovers don't have a monopoly on morons (I'm only kidding Rovers chums). I've lost count of the number of times some dimwit tries to get a few cheap laughs by shouting out that so-and-so is a ****. Tragically, it always gets a few laughs from the rest of the thickos down there.

As for slagging off Bas Savage, that saddens me too. He's had 2 sub appearances and some "fans" are already slagging him off. You'd hope that in our current predicament the "fans" would get behind every player.

If anything will ever drive me away from this club, it's being associated with the dross of Bristol society.

:city:

Guest dogwood

Just got off the phone to my Dad and I feel absolutely disgusted with the abuse him and his mate put up with from a certain section of the Dolman Stand on Tuesday night.

They are both Season Ticket holders and we have been sitting in the same area of the Dolman Stand for as long as I can remember.

I wasn't at the game but from his account Bas Savage was brought on. A group of 30 year old "lads" who have sat by us for years (and have never caused any trouble! They are vocal and passionate, but have never been any harm until now) started having a go about how sh#t he is etc. My Dad's mate turned round to them and said that they hadn't really seen anything of him yet, so how could they judge? Not rudely, just making a point.

This was returned with a tirade of expletives by all of these tough guys. My Dad tried to calm things down but was also subjected to the same abuse.

They let it go this time, frankly, I think they were too shocked to say anything. However if you were part of this group you should feel thoroughly ashamed of yourselves. Around 5 of you picking on two 50+ year olds! Pathetic. I hope you realise how disgusting your behaviour has been and apologise on Saturday. Bacause next time they won't be so forgiving and will report you. How would you like that??

Makes me sick.

Hopefully if they are any kind of man, they will realise they have been nobbers and make an apology today. If they don't and they had been like this to my dad who is 56 i would certainly have a few words to say, as would he actually. Maybe they had a few drinks on this night and thought they were world beating warriors, those who know they are not tend to think so when drunk.

afraid to say mate , but i travel to lots of different clubs and grounds around the country , and meet some great fans, sadly bristol city seem to have a one of the biggest share of scum as fans, bigger share of idoits , that shout abuse , and don,t understand football, and bigger share of absolute MORONS, spitting on our own fans , as happened a few weeks ago, ? :doh::doh::doh: , just morons, sounds like your sitting by some of them too.

Makes me sick.

Makes me sick.

Pritty Sad Topic..

If we were top of the league rather than bottom this thread would not have been posted, we are desperate for a win today, gutted i'm not there, oh well i've been to every home game this season, maybe i'm jinxed or summin, if we win today i doubt i'll be let back in :doh:

Right at the end.. two blokes trying to get at eachother and their mates holding them back and then they all started shouting the odds.. The holding back man calmed down but the two original men were at eachother for another 5 minutes until 1 of them left.

Archived