IGNORED

Bas Savage Vs. Steven Gillespie

Guest jhowie11

Guest jhowie11

I haven't really Bas play yet, so I can't comment.

However, I do believe that Gilly should be given a chance...He's got pace, energy, enthusiasm and can score. Surely worth a run?( can't get any worse than our current strikeforce!!!)

He is a good compliment to Brooker.

With Stewys intelligence, they'd play well together (through balls, link up etc)

eh? :dunno:

Guest CGS RED

This season Gillespie has had 3 starts for 1 goal scored. Notts Forest, just down from the Championship league rated Gilly our best and most dangerous player.

Gillespie was injured and has not been selected since that Forest performance. Instead he gets shipped out on loan whilst Brooker is stuck with Savage and the much slower Stewart.

Last season Brooker/Lita worked well goals wise. This season we have yet to see Brooker/Gillespie start a match together. Why ? Its because we were obsessed with Bridges and Stewart the "name" players from the higher leagues.

I cant imagine the taste in Gillespie's mouth, it must be very bitter. He is soon 21, and coming into his peak playing years. Yes he is a clever footballer, the fastest forward on our books, a creator as much as a striker, and yet he has started 4 matches in his 2 seasons with BCFC.

Give him a run of games with Brooker and at least give him the chance he deserves.

Gillespie for me.Apart from him being the better footballer he also p isses off Willsbridge and Phatwill because he is a scouser.Go ed Gilly lar!

What a shame you had to post a positive thing about Gillepsie at the expense of Savage. I'm getting a bit sick of people knocking Savage - 2 sub appearances don't justify the stupid opinions on here.

Why didn't you do a Gillespie vs Stewart comparison?

I tihnk that may have been more apt considering how much Stewart is costing the club on a weekly basis and what we have seen in return.

Guest Hodges17

What a shame you had to post a positive thing about Gillepsie at the expense of Savage. I'm getting a bit sick of people knocking Savage - 2 sub appearances don't justify the stupid opinions on here.

Why didn't you do a Gillespie vs Stewart comparison?

I tihnk that may have been more apt considering how much Stewart is costing the club on a weekly basis and what we have seen in return.

May be time to give Gilly a go as things at the moment obviously aren't working, i don't however see him as a long term option and fully expect to see him leave either in january or at the end of the season!

He's not as quick as people say he is and would be matched for pace by a lot of defenders in our league, and the league above(If we ever get there).

We need a fast goalscoring striker in january, like Leroy. But i think Gilly should be given a chance until then

I went to the pre-season game at Hereford and saw Gillespie and Stewart start together and they worked very well together weith Stewart dropping off and playing through balls into Gillespie. I understand that this was against a lower standard of opposition but I think it could be worth ago. I still do not think that Stewart is an out and out striker and would work far better off the front two.

I think at the moment it could well be worth a try so we can see if we can start scoring goals again.

On the subject of Savage I have not seen him play so cannot comment but the reports i've heard from various people haven't exactly been complementary.

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

I went to the pre-season game at Hereford and saw Gillespie and Stewart start together and they worked very well together weith Stewart dropping off and playing through balls into Gillespie. I understand that this was against a lower standard of opposition but I think it could be worth ago.

Guest Ivan_is_a_legend

i thin everyone related with city would prefer gillespie to savage, apart from the one bloke who matters!!!

i think gary is the man for our club, but i think he has got this decision wrong, BIG TIME!!! :@ :@ :@

Guest stevegas1

Yes I agree that Stewart says how much he loves your club but unfortunately when it comes to playing football Marcus will always be the King of Twerton and the reason...because blue is a vibrant colour and Blue is Bristol and finally because Marcus is a gashead!!!

Yes I agree that Stewart says how much he loves your club but unfortunately when it comes to playing football Marcus will always be the King of Twerton and the reason...because blue is a vibrant colour and Blue is Bristol and finally because Marcus is a gashead!!!

Archived