IGNORED

How Did Russel....

Guest torquay red

Guest tommy doc

gives the ball away too much. doesn't get stuck into many tackles. gets caught in possession too often.

was an improvement on tuesday but has yet to impress me.

however he is better than skuse.

Guest GoneWest

Well, being one of the Torquay watchers who recommended him (for the last 3 seasons) nowhere near as good as I've seen him play at Plainmoor but today's performance was better than what any other midfielder in our team has served up this season from games I've watched.

There should be a lot better to come when fully fit and with a few more games under his belt. Keep the faith.

Being Devon based, not seen any of the 'performances' in our losing sequence - having watched the first 5 mins today we were - not exagerating - diabolical. I can understand how bad we've been watching that. It looked like it could've be another cricket score initially. As the game we went on though we started to look like a team.

Hats off to the fans ... exceptional support.

Performances - a decent team performance, of note were:-

Basso - unlucky not to get MoM, all what Phillips isn't. Doesn't look too agile but a nifty top class diving save in the first half.

Carey/Heywood - started to gel after a distinctly wobbly start.

Midfield - Not over-ran - which seems an improvement over the last few months

Attack - had a bit of an 'edge'. Marcus worries me though showing early signs of 'past it' behavior ala Steve Jones, Torpedo... - litttle niggling fouls on defenders - backing in, nudges et al. Hope I'm wrong.

Archived