IGNORED

Play Off's

Guest galley man

Guest galley man

a play off position is still possible, remember crystal palace two years ago they were bottom two at xmas ,they won the play off,all is not lost we can still do it

Over the last six years, the number of points needed to reach the playoffs has ranged from 71 to 82. We need to get an average of 2.1 points per game for the rest of the season - championship form if sustained for a whole season - just to get to the bottom of this range. Pretty *****y unlikely, therefore, but not impossible (yet).

Looking at the other end, the fourth from bottom team has been relegated with anything from 44 to 51 points. If we can get 1.5 points per game - top half of table (but not playoffs) form if sustained for a whole season - then we should comfortably escape relegation. :pray::pray:

And it breaks my heart to point out that the Sagheads were one of the, oh so unlucky, teams to be relegated with 51 points :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I find it baffling anyone could seriously suggest the Play-Offs immediately after a 9 game losing streak. Like the division will part like you lot are Moses or something! Is it optimism, blind faith or sheer arrogance?

Well, as long as you're happy then so be it!

Is it optimism, blind faith or sheer arrogance?

Yes.

I was waiting for this type of post and wondered how long it would take to appear. Since it wasn't posted until late on Sunday (I expected 5.30pm on Sat) I think it shows that City fans are becoming far more realistic. :blink:

playoff are a bit far. but this is not because i see us falling into the same kind of losing mentality we had before, but just because the new players bought in the transfer window will shake everything up a bit, and that we are bound to play teams who will be even more desperate for points than us at some stage (either for promotion or relegation). these occasions will test us more than a suspention damaged huddersfield.

i think the over-the-top reaction is much to do with the manner of the victory. had we scraped and undeserved 1-0 off another relegation candidate people would be alot less excited. but it was only huddersfield's 4th loss in the league, and they have soundly beaten many other sides this season, suspentions or not.

we can only beat what is in front of us, and with that in mind all i can say is BRING THEM ON!

Guest Laughing Gashead

a play off position is still possible, remember crystal palace two years ago they were bottom two at xmas ,they won the play off,all is not lost we can still do it

:doh: yeah cause you're good at the play off thing aren't you :rofl2br::rofl2br:

Archived