IGNORED

Grant Holt

Guest Gino

Have I missed a link anywhere about Grant Holt from Rochdale?

Just watched football league review on Sky and they said City are interested in him.

Anyone confirm this?

Guest dogwood

Have I missed a link anywhere about Grant Holt from Rochdale?

Just watched football league review on Sky and they said City are interested in him.

Anyone confirm this?

yes city are interested, but unfortunately so are west ham . :doh: :@

Guest dogwood

Cheers for htat, just not seen it anywhere. Any figures mentioned?

not 100% sure but i think its been mentioned on the main site ,or papers, have,nt heard any figure, lost interest once i heard west ham are having him watched, and are interested , no contest really, but never know, :dunno:

Cheers for htat, just not seen it anywhere. Any figures mentioned?

if you look under paper talk on the main site, you will see it under robins face holt battle .

I would be extremely surprised if West Ham think he can make the jump up 3 divisions in one go. He might come to us anyway if he thinks first team football will do him more good in the long run than bench warming, although I do doubt a footballer's ability to think long term on general prinicples ;)

Nibor

Guest Ivan_is_a_legend

i think he would be a good signing, as long as we bought in someone else with pace.

he got a good record and i wouldnt hurt having him as an option if brooker was out for a lenghty period

Guest citycooper

We don't need him or any striker like him! He ain't the quickest striker around and what we really need up top is blistering pace otherwise it'll be money wasted IMO.

we need a 20+ goal a season man and i think he could be that

hes got about 15 already aint he

Guest Ronmeister

According to Pete Aitken he isn't the player we're looking for; he's a very Brooker type player and probably therefore has a Leroy or a Gilly alongside him somewhere. From the sounds of it him and Brooker up front wouldn't be a good combo.

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

According to Pete Aitken he isn't the player we're looking for; he's a very Brooker type player and probably therefore has a Leroy or a Gilly alongside him somewhere. From the sounds of it him and Brooker up front wouldn't be a good combo.

he don't care about city, he's a gass head and a gaffer

Guest citycooper

14 in the league and one in the ldv.

Scored a pen against the gas too.

500k with him out of contract in the summer? The League Paper must really do it's research well!

Nibor

id have him but if hes out of contract in the summer rochdale may accept less?

Mozo pointed out to me by PM that I didn't do my research well! Holt is under contract until 07, so unless he has a Matt Hill type clause then he might be out of our price range entirely. I'm certain we're not preparing a 500k bid, we can't afford it.

Nibor

Guest yateady

Holt has scored 15-20 goals a season for the last 2-3 years, sounds familar to a bloke who used to play for cambridge who we should of signed, and is now plying his trade at reading. Dave kitson, ithink they only paid about £150k for him.

Guest Ivan_is_a_legend

how does anyone know that holt and brooker up front wouldnt work?

a lot of the time brooker holds the ball up and plays it out to the wing, then when the cross comes in we got no one to win it! I'm not saying it would work 100%, but its got its up side!

Holt has scored 15-20 goals a season for the last 2-3 years, sounds familar to a bloke who used to play for cambridge who we should of signed, and is now plying his trade at reading. Dave kitson, ithink they only paid about £150k for him.

If Holt is half as good as Kitson he'll be worth £500k. Not that I think we can, or should, pay that.

14 in the league and one in the ldv.

Scored a pen against the gas too.

500k with him out of contract in the summer? The League Paper must really do it's research well!

Nibor

Think your find Mr Holt is not out of conract in the summer, hence that's probably where the £500k came from, I would suggest a figure of around £250k is more realistic though there's probably enough clubs up north who'd have a greater appeal to him, though I agree City would maybe be a more sensible move in some ways than West Ham.

. From the sounds of it him and Brooker up front wouldn't be a good combo.

Which is fortunate really, because if Holt does come in, then where will the money come from to pay for him? Possibly by selling one of our most valuable assets ... Steve Brooker.

Which is fortunate really, because if Holt does come in, then where will the money come from to pay for him? Possibly by selling one of our most valuable assets ... Steve Brooker.

Lansdown will save us, as he always does, he provides us with plenty of money for players.

Archived