IGNORED

Tony Thorpe

Guest REDCIDERARMY

Guest REDCIDERARMY

Tony Thorpe has been released from the Swindon,I still feel this bloke could save us or help.with Bridges almost certianitly going to Carlisle in January and still not sure with Stewart and that would only leave us with Brooker and Gillespie,in T T knows and likes the club,came in at a similar situation after pulis had gone at hte bottum of the league we were looking for a goalscorer,TT siad I can score the goals for you and he did taking us to a ldv final and very close to thje play offs infact scoring every other game for us he links up with Murray great and the two coulod possibly score 15 goals until the end of the season could be the saviour for us,even if we have him for cover until the end of season because I feel we still have problems in scoring

Guest harveythompson

Tony Thorpe has been released from the Swindon,I still feel this bloke could save us or help.with Bridges almost certianitly going to Carlisle in January and still not sure with Stewart and that would only leave us with Brooker and Gillespie,in T T knows and likes the club,came in at a similar situation after pulis had gone at hte bottum of the league we were looking for a goalscorer,TT siad I can score the goals for you and he did taking us to a ldv final and very close to thje play offs infact scoring every other game for us he links up with Murray great and the two coulod possibly score 15 goals until the end of the season could be the saviour for us,even if we have him for cover until the end of season because I feel we still have problems in scoring

Only a day or so late :doh:

Why re-sign the most over-rated player and costly player in the club's history?

NO, NO & AGAIN NO !

Let's face it, the policy of bringing back old players hasn;t exactly been a roaring success, has it ?

Guest Harry Dolman

with mcleod looking like going to Wolves & TT living in Milton Keynes - possible replacement?

Thats sounds extremely plausible, though I understand that Nothampton are also interested.

Guest REDCIDERARMY

You lot make me laugh in tt is a chance of staying up, whats worse having just two strikers available until the end of the season in brooker and gillespie,your mad he can score goals enjoys the crowd probably get the best out of murray,what did he do that lita did not,left th club for more money,tt left after several good sasons and getting us in to a ldv final which paid for his transfer,what did lita achieve for us nothing,anyway your only the minority on the forum the most of the other supporters would love to have him back again boosting gates and atmosphere and a realistic chance of staying up,with some extra goals

Guest James M

You lot make me laugh in tt is a chance of staying up, whats worse having just two strikers available until the end of the season in brooker and gillespie,your mad he can score goals enjoys the crowd probably get the best out of murray,what did he do that lita did not,left th club for more money,tt left after several good sasons and getting us in to a ldv final which paid for his transfer,what did lita achieve for us nothing,anyway your only the minority on the forum the most of the other supporters would love to have him back again boosting gates and atmosphere and a realistic chance of staying up,with some extra goals

you can't be serious.

really.

Ah I see, so because you think the sun shines out of TT's arse that makes you able to speak for the majority?

Thorpe has got ONE goal in seven league games so far this season.

Getting us to an LDV final and losing is worth about half the million quid Lita got us.

And the reason a number of us are negative about him is nothing to do with him leaving for free, rather to do with his style of play and the comments he made when he left.

He wouldn't boost gates even slightly, wouldn't get goals in this side, and wouldn't be welcomed by many supporters at all in my opinion. Not that he will come here anyway.

Nibor

Guest REDCIDERARMY

He has not started a game for Swndon thats why he has left the club,his ability of scoring goals is proven when he played for us one every other game how we could do with that on Saturday,we probably going to be with two strikers over the Christmas period rdiculous I reckon Bridges for sure is going can not afford him anymore and similar with Stewart,I do not agree with you the crowd did love him with chants of tony thorpe from all a round the ground they would cheer him again if starts scoring and he would given the chance

He has not started a game for Swndon thats why he has left the club,his ability of scoring goals is proven when he played for us one every other game how we could do with that on Saturday,we probably going to be with two strikers over the Christmas period rdiculous I reckon Bridges for sure is going can not afford him anymore and similar with Stewart,I do not agree with you the crowd did love him with chants of tony thorpe from all a round the ground they would cheer him again if starts scoring and he would given the chance

He has started 6 league games for Swindon this season and come on as a sub at half time in another and score 1 goal, feel free to look it up if you think I'm wrong.

His ability of scoring goals in 2001/02 was proven yes, I think he managed 17 league goals for us in one season which is far from spectacular. He was a player who tended to score unimportant goals when we were already in front by 2 or 3.

His lack of workrate and attitude were also proven in the eyes of many. Since then he hasn't done very well at all, why do you think he's switched clubs so many times? What makes you think that after falling out with the club of his wet dreams in Luton, failing at QPR and Swindon his form would suddenly be back to where it was 4 years ago if he came here?

Are you ignoring the point that he wouldn't come here anyway?

And if you think the crowd would like him back then please elaborate on what sort of reception he has received since leaving and making those comments.

Nibor

Guest yateady

He has started 6 league games for Swindon this season and come on as a sub at half time in another and score 1 goal, feel free to look it up if you think I'm wrong.

His ability of scoring goals in 2001/02 was proven yes, I think he managed 17 league goals for us in one season which is far from spectacular. He was a player who tended to score unimportant goals when we were already in front by 2 or 3.

His lack of workrate and attitude were also proven in the eyes of many. Since then he hasn't done very well at all, why do you think he's switched clubs so many times? What makes you think that after falling out with the club of his wet dreams in Luton, failing at QPR and Swindon his form would suddenly be back to where it was 4 years ago if he came here?

Are you ignoring the point that he wouldn't come here anyway?

And if you think the crowd would like him back then please elaborate on what sort of reception he has received since leaving and making those comments.

Nibor

I've been thinking for ages, your right why would we need a proven goalscorer when we have Bas Savage biting at the bit!

I've been thinking for ages, your right why would we need a proven goalscorer when we have Bas Savage biting at the bit!

Why on earth would we go for a 30 year old journeyman who has failed at his last 3 clubs, would demand big wages and be disliked by a large part of the crowd instead of the young, quick striker that we need?

It's not a choice between Thorpe and Savage is it?

Nibor

Guest REDCIDERARMY

Name me this young goalscoring ace we are going to sign then,there is not one and if you would rather have Bas Savage up front than T/T you are crazy,just give us a extra chance of staying up,if T/T can find his old form,as for the crowd we are going back two seasons a go when he played for QPR and he got a bit of stick from the Eastend that was all,the majority of fans would have it as a wise move,as Bridges and may be Stewart are on there way,what do we have left,it gives us extra hope with a proven goalscorer as in Tony Thorpe

I would rather have neither, Thorpe these days is rubbish and wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. The fans would be skeptical and then get on his back in two or three games when he shows his usual lack of effort and doesn't score.

Our front four should be Brooker, Stewart, Gilly + signing. Johnson has a quick striker in mind already.

Nibor

Archived