IGNORED

Just Got Back

Alex_BCFC

Good win and well deserved. Thought Noble was MOM. Other players that did well were Brooker, Cotteril, Heywood and Basso. It's great to have a keeper who can just come out and take crosses when you are under pressure- makes a big difference. Savage worked quite hard but really he just isn't good enough and I doubt he will be here after January. Important game at Gillingham now...

Just got back too...

Good win and well deserved. Thought Noble was MOM. Other players that did well were Brooker, Cotteril, Heywood and Basso. It's great to have a keeper who can just come out and take crosses when you are under pressure- makes a big difference.

I agree 100% thought Basso, Russell, Noble, Heywood and Carey were immense.

Savage worked quite hard but really he just isn't good enough and I doubt he will be here after January. Important game at Gillingham now...

Can't agree with this though Savage was outstanding possibly even Man of the Match, he ran with the ball well, scored a perfectly good goal, should of had a penalty and showed some great touchs. Stewie can't expect to walk back in for Gillingham. Well done Bas

Can't agree with this though Savage was outstanding possibly even Man of the Match, he ran with the ball well, scored a perfectly good goal, should of had a penalty and showed some great touchs. Stewie can't expect to walk back in for Gillingham. Well done Bas

He was a mile offside for his 'goal'. I think he did well today but in general he just isn't good enough. He has never scored a league goal I believe and I can see it being that way for some time. Worked hard but I would not like to see him signed permenant.

Sorry, when did basso come and out claim crosses?

He was bad today i thought

no communication with defence, they don't trust him one bit

bring back phillips

Came out and caught crosses nearly everytime except maybe 1 in the first few minutes.

If he was bad and kept a 2nd clean sheet, making a decent save from Lowndes then indeed bring back Phillips.

I really don't understand what basso has that phillips hasnt

seen nothing yet. i was, and still am a massive phillips fan, but was prepared to give basso ago, and actually thought he did quite well against huddersfield. first 10 mins today he was all over the place, kicking is average, doesnt command his box, cant even speak english. i watched alan wlash and naylor with him before the game, they have to point and explain everything because he doesnt understand

surely this cant be a good thing???

seen nothing yet. i was, and still am a massive phillips fan, but was prepared to give basso ago, and actually thought he did quite well against huddersfield. first 10 mins today he was all over the place, kicking is average, doesnt command his box, cant even speak english. i watched alan wlash and naylor with him before the game, they have to point and explain everything because he doesnt understand

His kicking is about 100 times better than Phillips. Doesn't ever just boot it into touch- actually aims for our players. I think he wasn't great in the first 10 mins too but I'd still have him over Phillips any day. He can speak English- haven't you seen his interviews on world? Not great but he doesn't need to know much does he? Took the pressure off us superbly in the 2nd half by cathcing high hanging balls that Phillips wouldn't come out for.

Just got back too...

I agree 100% thought Basso, Russell, Noble, Heywood and Carey were immense.

humble pie from me SAVAGE was the MOM he caused all sorts of problems he ran his socks off.

His kicking is about 100 times better than Phillips. Doesn't ever just boot it into touch- actually aims for our players. I think he wasn't great in the first 10 mins too but I'd still have him over Phillips any day. He can speak English- haven't you seen his interviews on world? Not great but he doesn't need to know much does he? Took the pressure off us superbly in the 2nd half by cathcing high hanging balls that Phillips wouldn't come out for.

Kicking has always been a weak point in Phillips game. When he first came into the side he could barely clear the half way line, and it hasn't improved very much in the last 7 years or so. Basso was excellent today, apart from the cross he flapped at in the first couple of minutes. I think he'll be number 1 choice for a while, so people may as well get used to it.

Please tell me your having a laugh!! He's a quality keeper and I was right behind the save he pulled of in the first half at AG last week and it was pure calss!!!

Comands the box well comes for crosses and is brave when needed! The same mould as the keeper from Mike Bassett!!!! :laugh:

I'd have Basso ahead of Phillips as he's better at kicking and commanding the area, and not far off in terms of shot-stopping. He needs to work on his communication as on a couple of occasions he and Heywood went for the same ball and Heywood had to head it out for a throw. This also happened with Carey once, after which Heywood scowled at Basso and made a 'talk' gesture with his hand.

He does exercise a lot though! Blimey! I thought he was going to run to the corner flag and start doing some push-ups, then a Vale player would shoot from 30 yards and he would get back just in the nick of time and do a double somersault to catch the ball, just like 'The Monk' off Mean Machine. But that's just me!

Archived