IGNORED

Next 4 Games Are Critical

Keep the Faith

The next four games could well give a great insight into where we willl be come the end of the season. We have three games against sides just above us in the league. Rotherham being 4 places above us on the same points, Gillingham a further place and four points ahead and Yeovil another place above in 17th with 28 points making them 6 points above us.

If we can get 7 points from these three games them i'm sure that we will be able to stay out of relegation trouble and hopefully go on to achieve a safe mid table place. However, lose two out of these three games and we could well find ourselves in alot of trouble. We will be stuck in the small group of teams at the bottom and it will probably be four out of those who will go down.

I think this shows how important the win today was,not just the points which we were very important but the performance as well. Johnson may have appologised for the game but I thought we played very well and fully deserved the three points. David Noble, Steve Brooker, Bas Savage, Louis Carey and Craig Woodman in my opinion were in particularly good form today and I have full faith that if we can perform to that standard or near to it we should be able to survive without too much trouble.

My only worry is that the confidence of the team may well still be very fragile. There is not much time for turning things around between games at this time of the season. We have 4 games in the space of a week and this could decide where our season is going.

I sincerely hope that we will sing Noble because I really think that he has made the difference. It will be interesting to see who else Johnson has planned or maybe allthe talk of change was just a way of giving the players a kick up the backside to get them playing well.

Here's to a successful christmas period and a successful second half of the season.

Merry Christmas!

Archived