IGNORED

Cardiff As A Neutral

swampy

Had to pick up Swampy Junior from Cardiff University yesterday and we took in the match v Derby County. It was a real throw back to decades past - old fashioned terracing with home and away fans separated by a line of police - a real atmosphere - cr*py match but reminded of ashton gate when the east end was - well the east end. despite the english accents, we found the cardiff fans to be friendly enough. I hate to say this but it was a whole lot better than the Ashton Gate experience - adequate catering, sensible stewarding, terracing, no idiot on the mike trying to hype an atmosphere ... I can almost imagine the predictable responses this posting will get but just try Ninian park as a neutral and if you are the wrong side of 45 you will surely shed a nostalgic tear or two. oh yes - official club scarf £3 -

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Had to pick up Swampy Junior from Cardiff University yesterday and we took in the match v Derby County. It was a real throw back to decades past - old fashioned terracing with home and away fans separated by a line of police - a real atmosphere - cr*py match but reminded of ashton gate when the east end was - well the east end. despite the english accents, we found the cardiff fans to be friendly enough. I hate to say this but it was a whole lot better than the Ashton Gate experience - adequate catering, sensible stewarding, terracing, no idiot on the mike trying to hype an atmosphere ... I can almost imagine the predictable responses this posting will get but just try Ninian park as a neutral and if you are the wrong side of 45 you will surely shed a nostalgic tear or two. oh yes - official club scarf £3 -

Sounds like good stuff!

Always interesting to hear what the matchday experiance is like at other clubs, and it seems like Cardiff manage to make it a worthwhile one without killing the fun. They've also really sorted their hooligan issue, which goes to show you can have a side with a nasty reputation share the same stand as away teams.

Sounds like good stuff!

Always interesting to hear what the matchday experiance is like at other clubs, and it seems like Cardiff manage to make it a worthwhile one without killing the fun. They've also really sorted their hooligan issue, which goes to show you can have a side with a nasty reputation share the same stand as away teams.

Sorted there hooligan issue? not what i hear, my friend was going to swansea on saturday and while waiting at cardiff, there fans(well so called) were fighting on the station with the derby fans!

Archived