IGNORED

what City Moment

Guest BCFC_JOHNERZ_88

Guest BCFC_JOHNERZ_88

mine has to be when we were promoted and the players were on the tour bus in the centre and there was a big crowd cheering them :wub: good times

• Admin

GOOD

Promotion to the top flight..........

...........Staying there - 'that' Coventry game

Surviving '82

Forest semi final

89/90 seaon with Superbob

Beating Liverpool

Mansfield - You don't attend many games like that in a lifetime

Hartlepoolplay-off

BAD

Relegation from the top flight

Paul Cheeseley's career ending injury

The worries of '82

Losing at Wembley (LDV)

Death of Dean Horrix

Walking home from AG after a game listening to the radio reports of Hillsborough

Losing at Wembley again

The absolutely devastating defeat at the Mil Stad

Years of underachievement

Guest alex1089

Hartlepool playoff semi-final and the LDV vans trophy final although the auto windscreen final at Wembly was a terrific day although we lost.

tom ritchies winner in the cup at the gas works. what a moment that was.

taking the lead at forest in the semi final.

soren andersons equalizer @sunderland(first attack of the game, 82min)

mansfield

uhhh struggling now, I'm sure theres loads.

RE sunderland

was it not more like 88 mins after Keith welch played his finest ever game in a city shirt where he stopped everything including a phillips pen?

tom ritchies winner in the cup at the gas works. what a moment that was.

taking the lead at forest in the semi final.

soren andersons equalizer @sunderland(first attack of the game, 82min)

mansfield

uhhh struggling now, I'm sure theres loads.

As I remember it Tom Ritchie did not score the winner against the Gas works in the cup Hirst did...Tom got the equalizer....

My favourite was Paul Cheesley's header against Arsenal at Highbury in 76 and Donnie Gilles against Leeds (who had previously gone 29 games un-beaten) in the Cup at Elland Road.....Oh Happy Days.... 1-0 1-0 1-0 1-0

Guest yateady

Steve neville scoring the winning goal with two minutes to go in extra time against hereford in the freight rover semi final, we were 2-0 down from the first leg, and were drawing 0-0 at half time in the second leg, Our first wembley final will stay with me forever, who will ever forget glyn riley scoring that second goal, jumping up and landing on his arse, injuring himself in the process, Also winning 2-0 at walsall in the playoffs, only for our hopes to be dashed two days later, after that match, getting back to the car we bumped into john atyeo, who said "don't worry son our time will come". i'm still waiting big john.

Guest Wurzel of Oz

Going to my first matchwith my old man , a reserve team game about 1991/2 vs West Ham I remember getting my face painted - from that moment I was hooked ...

Sam :city:

Guest Randall's Mullet

Holloway's penalty at Twerton.

Oh yes, and Randall's second at Ashton in the cup.

One nil down, Three one up,

We knocked City out the cup!

They're my favorite City moments.

That last derby game at Trumpton was quality as well as the first league trip to the rugby ground.

Obviously the 97/98 promotion season stands out for me.

(as well as the playoff season the one before actually - f'ing things up up at Brentford)

When the floodlights went out against liverpool and having the scousers slate our sh1tty facilities and then us beating them up there.

But there are loads really aren't there

Steve neville scoring the winning goal with two minutes to go in extra time against hereford in the freight rover semi final, we were 2-0 down from the first leg, and were drawing 0-0 at half time in the second leg, Our first wembley final will stay with me forever, who will ever forget glyn riley scoring that second goal, jumping up and landing on his arse, injuring himself in the process,

That game was amazing nail bitting stuff one that sticks with me also, If i remember was the first goal a screamer from Rob Newman?

Guest DrFaustus

Steve Phillips saving that Penalty against the sags.

Crap penalty, good save. Before you get excited and start humping fish again, BCFC did not put us down, that 'pleasure' belonged to Wycombe and was also a result of our own inability to win at home until February. What makes you answer even more ridiculous, you fish fiddling faggot, is that I would happily wager that you didn't even see that game.

GOOD

Promotion to the top flight..........

...........Staying there - 'that' Coventry game

Surviving '82

Forest semi final

89/90 seaon with Superbob

Beating Liverpool

Mansfield - You don't attend many games like that in a lifetime

Hartlepoolplay-off

BAD

Relegation from the top flight

Paul Cheeseley's career ending injury

The worries of '82

Losing at Wembley (LDV)

Death of Dean Horrix

Walking home from AG after a game listening to the radio reports of Hillsborough

Losing at Wembley again

The absolutely devastating defeat at the Mil Stad

Years of underachievement

All these, plus........

Crap penalty, good save. Before you get excited and start humping fish again, BCFC did not put us down, that 'pleasure' belonged to Wycombe and was also a result of our own inability to win at home until February. What makes you answer even more ridiculous, you fish fiddling faggot, is that I would happily wager that you didn't even see that game.

Being at a conference when the news came through that Wycombe had turned over the Gas on 2nd. May 2001.... a date engraved on my heart :wub:

My favourite was Paul Cheesley's header against Arsenal at Highbury in 76 and Donnie Gilles against Leeds (who had previously gone 29 games un-beaten) in the Cup at Elland Road.....Oh Happy Days.... 1-0 1-0 1-0 1-0

This was wonderful too :city:

Guest Legend City Man

Steve Phillips display against Everton in the CC up last year.. fantastic night at the gate even though we lost, atmosphere was just like the good old days..

mine has to be when we were promoted and the players were on the tour bus in the centre and there was a big crowd cheering them :wub: good times

Cheeses goal at Highbury in 76

Donnie Gillies scoring the winner against Man Utd at Old Trafford.

Phillips penalty that did indirectly send the gas down. At the end of the day those 2 points the gas lost that night would have undoubtedly kept them up...

And yes Faustus, I WAS there in the p***ing rain!

My mates Dad who was picking us up was in his car waiting outside the ground and on our return to the car had presumed that Rovers had scored because the cheers were so loud!

Guest BemiBlue

My mates Dad who was picking us up was in his car waiting outside the ground and on our return to the car had presumed that Rovers had scored because the cheers were so loud!

City fans cheering loudly?? Yeah I would have thought it was the rovers fans as well mate

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Being in the sag end when Phillips saved the pnealty that sent them down, despite the ramblings of the Bris Communist.

Goaters goal Vs Watford away 97

City 2 Cardiff 0 - Sat next to the away fans, best time I've had at City!

Adam Lockes header Vs Pompey 1998

Beating the sags 3-0 in LDV

Jacki the Polish chap (wont attempt the spelling) Vs Pompey in 91 3-3 first games of season, also remember the running battles outside pre match

A lot of the above plus:

Wayne Allison's winner when we came back to win 4-3 away at Derby and got showered with coins as we left.

Joe Royle's 4 on debut

Norman Hunter's rocket free kicks

Keith Fear chip in a come from behind home win against I think West Brom

Being at a 7 or 8 nil home win I think against Fulham - was quite young and don't remember it too well but do remember the goals just kept coming!!!!

1-0 away in again at West Brom in promotion season with Sweeney goal I think.

more recently 2-1 Boxing Day win at Brentford having alos witnessed a 5-1 mauling there.

Guest DrFaustus

Phillips penalty that did indirectly send the gas down. At the end of the day those 2 points the gas lost that night would have undoubtedly kept them up...

And yes Faustus, I WAS there in the p***ing rain!

Will,I'm sure you were there. It's the haddock humper that's spouting bubbles again. 3 home games to get 1 point and we blew it, you can't thank Stevie Phillips for that.

Willsbridge, off to the gulag with you you enemy of the proletariat.

the last game of the 89/90 promotion season when we beat walsall 4-0, with robbie turner scoring 2 bullet headers in the 2nd half. sadly the rovers won their game away to blackpool to clinch the league, but what a day (4 pitch invasions if i remember rightly)

Best highlight of this seaon has to be Cotterills goal against Huddersfield, I like many others were screaming for him to pass the ball, until he slotted it home and everyone including me went mental

:city:

Louis Donowa scoring in the final minutes to beat Rovers for the first time in a few seasons. I remember we hit the woodwork a couple of times (Nicky Morgan I recall) and Holloway had his penalty saved. I think it was the early 90s.

The Ciyt vs Chelsea match was a classic with Turner and Taylor up front. Was it 3-1? I remember that Super-Bob didn't score.

And the Liverpool matches when the floodlights conveniently failed and had to be replayed ensuring extra income- those were the days. These youngsters don't know what being ripped off is!

As I remember it Tom Ritchie did not score the winner against the Gas works in the cup Hirst did...Tom got the equalizer....

i think hirst equalized, ritchie scored the winner and ran the length of the north enclosure with one finger up.

Archived