IGNORED

Diving

WTFiGO!?!

Don't you reckon that suppose somebody has been caught on camera after the game clearly trying to con the ref they should have a proper stiff punishment handed to them? - I was thinking along the lines of a 10 game ban or something.

Surely this would help prevent cheating?

Firing squad at dawn? Sky could show the highlights.

I think that you'll find that BBC will have the highlights first, then ITV the following year. Sky will then buy the rights & have a 2 hour show detailing the history & experience of the firing squad, the type of pillar used to tie the player to, information reagrding the bullet sponsor & a post-shooting 'Marksman of the match' award!

I think that you'll find that BBC will have the highlights first, then ITV the following year. Sky will then buy the rights & have a 2 hour show detailing the history & experience of the firing squad, the type of pillar used to tie the player to, information reagrding the bullet sponsor & a post-shooting 'Marksman of the match' award!

And a Jimmy Hill discussion forum on Sunday mornings with those present at recent executions

Don't be ridiculous! Its all part a parcel of the modern game and it gives fans something to talk about. If the ref sees it then great, if not, well that just tough. It evens itself out of the season.

10 game ban?! Slightly harsh I would say......

Is conning an acceptable part of the modern game is it? I don't know why the"top" players have to dive to be honest... Don't they have belief in their team and in themselves to win through skill, hard work and abillity? Diving is manipulative and decieving and totally unsportsman like.

I think the authorities should come down hard on diving to stamp it out!

I did see an absolutely dreadful dive on football league review the other day which made me laugh.

I was loving it when Defoe threw the corner flag on the ground and the ref tried to get him to go and pick it up. He refused, but it was funny watching him being treated like a child!

Bring back sportsmanship!! :englandsmile4wf:

You're saying that players should be banned and you wouldn't want Cotteril to be banned for his diving would you :dunno:

I would rather he didn't dive at all to be honest. It's dishonourable at the end of the day. If it took a 3 match ban to help him to learn then I suppose it would be worth it.

I haven't actually noticed him diving either, doesn't mean he hasn't though.

Is bribing the ref an acceptable part of football?

I'd rather win fairly and properly than cheat our way to an empty "win".

Bring back sportsmanship! :englandsmile4wf:

Guest C.T.I.D

You're saying that players should be banned and you wouldn't want Cotteril to be banned for his diving would you :dunno:

get those stupid clips off your sig you sad little turd...............you are bottom :doh:

what an inbred :farmer:

Guest MaloneFM

Dragged round by the hair, introduced to a sharpened stick then made to made to wear a dress for a month would be a fitting punishment Real men do not dive even when head butted [basil Boli nutting Stuart Pearce euro 92].

Basil Brush? Nasty little fox.

Guest The Codfather 0312

It is a bad part of football that needs sorting out but how are they ment to do it?Ban players? Most would be glad of the rest as they have to play so many games especially in a international season. I believe the way foward for football would be the sin bin system that is being proposed. It is proven it works in rugger so there is no reason why it can't work in football.

It is a bad part of football that needs sorting out but how are they ment to do it?Ban players? Most would be glad of the rest as they have to play so many games especially in a international season. I believe the way foward for football would be the sin bin system that is being proposed. It is proven it works in rugger so there is no reason why it can't work in football.

Often the dive isn't recognised as a dive by the ref. I suggest that if this happens they review it on video and if guilty, give a 3 match ban.

I'm not sure about the sin bin, but it could work and might be worth an experiment in football.

Archived