IGNORED

Christmas Feeling

Granty

I find that normally around this time of year, City are normally (or atleast recently) been there or there abouts only for a shocking Christmas perios followed by an even worse start to the new year and have been playing catchup for the remainder of the season. This year is different, shocking so far (apart from the last 3 games IMO) but I am actually really looking forward to the Christmas games coming thick and fast as I believe we may have last actually turned the infamous corner :shutup:

Reasons for yultide optimism....... the last few games we have looked like a TEAM, something sadly lacking all season to date, the home game with Huddersfield I saw commitment and passion rarely seen at the gate for some considerable time, from the fans as well !!

If the club (players and fans) can carry on this improvement over Christmas and the dreaded new year I firmly believe we can ease ourselves from the clutches of relegation and finish in a comfortable mid table spot.

Our 11 match winning run under Wilson in 2003/2004 started 20th December and finished 21st of Febuary! It coincided with the return of the East End too!

Reasons for optimism: 2 wins in a row. Players have hopefully grown up a bit. Johnson can make his own signings and sale players if needs be...

Reasons for pessimism: What are the odds on a player or two getting hammered and into a situation where the police need to get involved and disrupting all the hard work that has given us the optimism??

Archived