IGNORED

Hangover Cures?

Jay

So, it's that time of year where many of us go out & enjoy a few Christmas drinks. Problem is, the possibility of a hangover is almost a dead cert.

I for one indulged last night & having considered the amount of liquid i poured down my throat, I deserve to be in a dark room, lying in the foetus position whilst gently crying to myself. However - this is not the case today. Whilst I can't claim that a hangover has passed me by completely, thanks to a handful of magic (legal/prescription) pills that I need for a different but genuine reason, I feel suprisingly good.

Anyone else know of a reasonable hangover prevention/cure?

NB: I am well aware that 'Not Drinking' is the obvious answer.

Get up in the morning and drink some more, you'll soon forget what you're moaning about.

Is that advice? Well....Ok...if you insist! :whistle:

I would have said drink plenty of water, as it dilutes the alchol or something. I never remember to do it though! Also don't drink on an empty stomach.

This site says cabbage!!!! :vomit2: There are other suggestions though.

http://www.thestudentzone.com/articles/hangover.html

I've also heard that lining the stomach with a glass of milk is also quite good.

Guest Legend City Man

1. If you don't drink too much in the first place why even have a hangover the next morning!!! the number of people I hear moaning they are going to feel like crap in the moring then carry on drinking is stupid!

2. Deep meditation... stand up and meditate...

For me, a glass of champagne and about 15-30 minutes suckling and everything was just fine. For girls a mix of wintergreen and baby oil massaged slowly into the shoulders back and rump worked well with a champagne and strawberries beverage along side.

Well you did ask !

The water trick is by far the best one you'll ever use. Hangovers are caused by dehydration and if you replace that fluid before you go to sleep you'll reduce your chances of a hangover.

Before you go out, make sure you have a pint of water by your bed, because you'll probably forget when you get home :rolleyes:

And of course, tally that with drinking less :me?:

I also find that if someone else does a fry up that sorts it all out as well. Once you get over that first mouthful you're fine.

I also find that if someone else does a fry up that sorts it all out as well. Once you get over that first mouthful you're fine.

Funnily enough that works!

Well I don't know for hangovers but a few years ago I went on a Ferry from Poole to Jersey, and the crossing was really, really bad. We got caught up in a huge storm and I have never been so sea-sick in my life. We arrived about 7.00 am at the hotel and everyone told me what I needed was a full English breakfast, I thought it was the last thing I needed! Anyway I thought 'kill or cure' so I followed along. It was the best thing I could have done, within half an hour I felt great and able to enjoy the rest of my stay. :D

So, it's that time of year where many of us go out & enjoy a few Christmas drinks. Problem is, the possibility of a hangover is almost a dead cert.

I for one indulged last night & having considered the amount of liquid i poured down my throat, I deserve to be in a dark room, lying in the foetus position whilst gently crying to myself. However - this is not the case today. Whilst I can't claim that a hangover has passed me by completely, thanks to a handful of magic (legal/prescription) pills that I need for a different but genuine reason, I feel suprisingly good.

Throw into a blender the following: 1 raw egg, 1 stick of broccoli, 2 cups of orange juice, 1/4 pint of milk, 1 cadbury's caramel, 2 tomatos, dash of tabasco, crusts from 3 pieces of toast and a tablespoon of honey. Mix well, and drink in one. No idea if it will work, but please report back on how you felt.

For me, a glass of champagne and about 15-30 minutes suckling and everything was just fine. For girls a mix of wintergreen and baby oil massaged slowly into the shoulders back and rump worked well with a champagne and strawberries beverage along side.

Well you did ask !

Whilst I have been taught the fine art of massage, it's not something that one can apply to oneself (when talking shoulders, back & siatic)! Furthermore - that's one for the girls - us blokes tend to be happy with a fry-up!

Another beer!!!!!!!! either that or stay completely drunk, that way you'll never get a hangover

Guest The Codfather 0312

Yea a fry up has always worked for me, Energy drinks can give a short term fix if say you have work at 6 am the next day but when the enegy drink affect has worn off then it is twice as bad.

The truth is that no one thing other than drinking responsibily can stop or aid recovery from a hang-over.

Any of the following can work at any given time; water, fizzy drink, fry-up, alca-salzer, ibufuren, more sleep, get out the house, take a shower, and the one I most recommend - SEX. Gets rid of that hang-over every time.

as a serious response: before bed drink a couple of pints of water, a glass of orange juice and take a couple of aspirins: tackles the dehydration, and pre-empts the headache. seems to work.

from the other posts, I agree that a full-on gutbuster works wonders, as long as someone else does the graft in preparing it.

Another beer!!!!!!!! either that or stay completely drunk, that way you'll never get a hangover

I cannot agree more with this. The times I just wake up semi p1ssed, spend half the day in an intoxicated daze and before you know it, you're drinking again.

We had Wycombe away on boxing day a couple of years ago and I spent the whole trip unquestionably drunk and didn't even touch a drop till back in Bristol that evening.

I also find herb smoking takes any physical edge of a heavy session

Whether you're serious or not - it is a good cure. I find that almost any form of physical exercise helps. :whistle:

Nah certainly wasn't joking, a bit of 'afternoon delight' always helps ease those hang-over pains!

As you say, its physical exercise and so gets you sweating out all that booze consumed...oh god that's just disgusting.

several suggestions:

1. hair of the dog, works well to keep your blood alcohol level topped up so you wean yourself off your alcohol slowly.

2. eat plenty, gives your body something to do while it is in withdrawal.

3. physical exercise: not sure about sex, as I wouldn't want someone breathing stale alcohol fumes over me! The old footballer's tip is a good one though, wear a bin bag next to your skin, that get you sweating (and could provide an interesting twist to your sex life).

4. go to AA and begin the twelve step programme.... worked for me. :)

Guest Mr Brightside

fingers down youre thoat routine, before you go to sleep, so possible whelst youre still out on the p***. this will get rid of most of the crap. then in the morning just drink water and trytto lay down. freash air helps aswell.

Archived