IGNORED

Changes In Jan

Bristol Boy

OK, being realistic and looking at our squad, if GJ's going to persist with a 4-4-2... and if he didn't change it after NINE straight defeats, he ain't going to, then I can only see 2/3 players coming into the first team, unless a few others, like Wilkshire, leave.

With the injury situation clearing up-Brown & Skuse are back in training and Partridge can't be far away, we've got plenty of central midfielders & defenders.

Top priority is a pacy strong striker to partner Brooker and a Target Man if, as many predict, Basil doesn't make it.If he stays, even until the end of the season, then the target man may go on hold.

The other main priority is a left winger/wide left midfielder.

Some may say that Noble is the defensive midfielder, we've been looking for :dunno: but GJ may have learnt his lesson after bringing in to many players, to quickly.

Off course, if we get a good stuffing at Gillingham or Yeovil, then things may change, but players like Carey & Orr have played themselves back into the first team.

I can see the Smiths leaving in Jan, along with Bridges, but there are few others set to leave unless fees are in question with Phillips & Wilkshire the most likely and Stewart and ( I hope Not!!) Brooker as outsiders.

Guest Harry Dolman

OK, being realistic and looking at our squad, if GJ's going to persist with a 4-4-2... and if he didn't change it after NINE straight defeats, he ain't going to, then I can only see 2/3 players coming into the first team, unless a few others, like Wilkshire, leave.

With the injury situation clearing up-Brown & Skuse are back in training and Partridge can't be far away, we've got plenty of central midfielders & defenders.

Top priority is a pacy strong striker to partner Brooker and a Target Man if, as many predict, Basil doesn't make it.If he stays, even until the end of the season, then the target man may go on hold.

The other main priority is a left winger/wide left midfielder.

Some may say that Noble is the defensive midfielder, we've been looking for :dunno: but GJ may have learnt his lesson after bringing in to many players, to quickly.

Off course, if we get a good stuffing at Gillingham or Yeovil, then things may change, but players like Carey & Orr have played themselves back into the first team.

I can see the Smiths leaving in Jan, along with Bridges, but there are few others set to leave unless fees are in question with Phillips & Wilkshire the most likely and Stewart and ( I hope Not!!) Brooker as outsiders.

I think Wilkshire will go. As things stand he'll struggle to get back in the starting 11 & that can't be good for him in World Cup year. Added to the fact that he can walk for £0 in the summer & I reckon he's off. Phillips I reckon is 50/50 but Stewart will stick it out & try & prove his worth.

Archived