IGNORED

Our Squad & Two Teams Of

Bristol Boy

I think one of the issues facing GJ is how you bring in players of enough quality to make them automatic first team choices-subject to from & fitness of course, but, more often than not, automatic first team choices.

That won't be easy on a limited budget because I reckon you could arguably select two teams of virtually equal strength from our squad.

For me, Brooker's the only "stand out" player who would be the "first pick" of most fans

Both in GJ's preffered 4-4-2 line up

TEAM ONE-This is GJ's probable line up at Gillingham

..........................................................BASSO........................................................................................

ORR..................................CAREY..............................HEYWOOD.................................WOODMAN............

COTTERILL.........................RUSSELL..........................NOBLE.......................................MURRAY................

.........................................BROOKER.........................SAVAGE...............................................................

TEAM TWO

........................................................PHILLIPS......................................................................................

SMITH J................................KEOGH.........................PARTRIDGE...................................GOLBOURNE.......

BROWN................................WILKSHIRE....................SKUSE..........................................SMITH G............

...........................................STEWART.......................GILLESPIE............................................................

That still leaves:

FORTUNE

BRIDGES

JOSEPH

HARLEY

BENYON

I think one of the issues facing GJ is how you bring in players of enough quality to make them automatic first team choices-subject to from & fitness of course, but, more often than not, automatic first team choices.

That won't be easy on a limited budget because I reckon you could arguably select two teams of virtually equal strength from our squad.

For me, Brooker's the only "stand out" player who would be the "first pick" of most fans

Both in GJ's preffered 4-4-2 line up

TEAM ONE-This is GJ's probable line up at Gillingham

..........................................................BASSO........................................................................................

ORR..................................CAREY..............................HEYWOOD.................................WOODMAN............

COTTERILL.........................RUSSELL..........................NOBLE.......................................MURRAY................

.........................................BROOKER.........................SAVAGE...............................................................

TEAM TWO

........................................................PHILLIPS......................................................................................

SMITH J................................KEOGH.........................PARTRIDGE...................................GOLBOURNE.......

BROWN................................WILKSHIRE....................SKUSE..........................................SMITH G............

...........................................STEWART.......................GILLESPIE............................................................

That still leaves:

FORTUNE

BRIDGES

JOSEPH

HARLEY

BENYON

Yeah apart from Savage who I would swap with Stewart, and for the first time in ages I actually agree with something you have written, and i don't mean that in a sarcastic way .

For me Phillips, Partridge, Wilkshire and Stewart are the only players who have much claim for a first team place. That second team would struggle to get out of League 2 I reckon.

Just look at the difference of class between having Russell and Noble compared to Skuse and Wilkshire in the centre of midfield. The one pairing can hold onto the ball and offer addequate protection to the defence, the other can hardly get a grip ever.

Then look at Smith and Brown, when they play down the wings they are non existant and do nothing.

Then Jamie Smith is shocking. Keogh and Golbourne have a long way still to come before they are ready for sustained periods of first team football, they put in as many poor performances as they do good.

And Gillespie hasn't been able to cut it for us, and from what I've seen of Savage it hasn't been great but that hasn't been much, and maybe he has more to show.

It is a weak squad, look at what has happened when we havent been able to play our favoured 11 this season. It has been terrible. I think it is pretty obvious that we could do with some extra players who can genuinly offer competition for places, or better options than some of what we already have.

Archived