IGNORED

It's Not A Competition.....

BS4 on Tour...

I find it quite disturbing that many posts on here recently seem to suggest that if you didn't attend a certain game (home or away) then you are less a fan than those who did!

Bristol City fans come in all shapes / sizes / salaries / commitments etc etc and it is ridiculous to question anyone's support.

I have done my share of ridiculous away games (eg Huddersfield away in the snow on a Tuesday night many years ago and we lost etc) but I don't think I'm a superfan just for going.

Everyone on here is a true Bristol City fan - not everyone can afford to go to every game - so if you went to Port Vale last saturday fair play to you but don't look down on people who didn't go.

We have all put in the hours and the commitment over the years - and we have all wondered why we bother - but we always come back and we always will. We are City to the core and we always will be.

Stick together - we may fail but we might sail...........

:pray:

I find it quite disturbing that many posts on here recently seem to suggest that if you didn't attend a certain game (home or away) then you are less a fan than those who did!

Bristol City fans come in all shapes / sizes / salaries / commitments etc etc and it is ridiculous to question anyone's support.

I have done my share of ridiculous away games (eg Huddersfield away in the snow on a Tuesday night many years ago and we lost etc) but I don't think I'm a superfan just for going.

Everyone on here is a true Bristol City fan - not everyone can afford to go to every game - so if you went to Port Vale last saturday fair play to you but don't look down on people who didn't go.

We have all put in the hours and the commitment over the years - and we have all wondered why we bother - but we always come back and we always will. We are City to the core and we always will be.

Stick together - we may fail but we might sail...........

:pray:

Very well said Brewster... I get fed up of the 'holier than thou' attitude of some of the people on this forum as well... I never go to any game cos I live overseas but I think I challenge for the longest round trip when I do get back (about 6000 miles in 3 days to see that crap in Cardiff!)

Anyone who loves this club gets my respect as they could easily be supporting a premeirship team or the gas.

Fair point from Madger as well but don't forget that there are plenty of fans who go every week and still know jack poo about football.

Very well said Brewster... I get fed up of the 'holier than thou' attitude of some of the people on this forum as well... I never go to any game cos I live overseas but I think I challenge for the longest round trip when I do get back (about 6000 miles in 3 days to see that crap in Cardiff!)

Sorry, I did over 7,000 miles for the Cardiff game that we don't mention, among others. :-s Strictly speaking I think my longest was New York to Huddersfield for an away game last season where we played terribly and got a spawny draw. And doubtless there are a few fans who could easily trump my mileage from the west coast of America, Australia etc. Incidentally, I once flew back from NY for Tinman's testimonial evening on a Thursday and got as far as Reading on the M4, only to have to turn round and fly back to the US on urgent business without getting to the function! That was a bit of a p***er and a loooong flight back.

I agree that being a fan is not just about how many games you can go to. As you say, all our circumstances are different and we all support the club in different ways.

However, I do take exception to people judging and slagging off someone like Bas Savage when they've barely seen him play. The views on players of someone who goes home and away and has therefore seen more games is surely more valid than someone who barely or never goes. His performances at Doncaster and, apparently, Port Vale (though I missed the latter game) seem to support this. Therefore, you do have to judge some postings of members on the basis of how many games they go to, whatever the reason they can't make the games.

Personally, I'd rate the views on the players of someone who sees the team home and away higher than someone who just goes to games at the Gate, because you get a more rounded view of the players' strengths and weaknesses when you see them play at home and on hostile territory, where the requirements for an away team is very different. One example of this was Doherty the season we went up. His ability to break down teams away from home was, in my opinion, one of the most crucial aspects in our success that year, even though he was very new to the team. If you'd not been to away games that year, you would not have appreciated just how vital he was.

However, this does not factor in the crucial element that you point out; namely that someone can see every game of every season and still talk b*****ks because they know sweet FA about football. I guess over time on the forum you learn whose views you trust on such issues. Personally, Barman and Caldicot Red were always the ones I looked out for. Nowadays, Bristol Boy seems well-balanced, though obviously not as well balanced as my own opinions, which are of course always spot on. :me?:

However, on plenty of other issues like the stadium, the financial situation, the performance of the board etc everyone's opinions are of equal importance. That tended to be why I restricted most of my postings to those topics while I was in exile in the US. Now I go to most games I feel more qualified to judge the performances of the players and manager.

Guest Ronmeister

I agree with you, we support Bristol City for an entertainment value aswell as because it's where we live. So saying "You're an ******* cause you weren't entertained" is a bit much, if you catch my drift.

I don't go to every game anymore I do however go to as many as I can. See I work away in with week which means that I don't see my other half ;) and it's a strait race between City and Alana who gets my afternoon. Satuday she lost bless her last weekend she won the weekend before that as it was her birthday ;)

When I'm working closer to home again I will probably go to more games again ;) So you see I don't care how many games people go to. It's about your support and tbh the only thing that winds me up on this forum are people who comment on players skill with out watching them play a game. You know who they are they are on here posting @ 3:30 and then at 5:15 asking for the managers head..... And yes I know mobiles phone let you post on forums but if your doing that you aint wathcing the game :P either

Archived