IGNORED

Volume @ The Gate

Guest HambrookRed

Guest HambrookRed

I've noticed more recently that the noise levels have begun to increase, some say due to more singing, some say to spur on the team. I just thought it was because weve stopped the usual mixture of "Drink up ye cider", "City till I die" and "Johnson Wonderland" and tried to sing in Harmony.

Does it seem to be getting louder and louder to you, and do you believe it is as I have said, or for different reasons ?

Dr F Need not apply.

:englandsmile4wf:

I've noticed more recently that the noise levels have begun to increase, some say due to more singing, some say to spur on the team. I just thought it was because weve stopped the usual mixture of "Drink up ye cider", "City till I die" and "Johnson Wonderland" and tried to sing in Harmony.

Does it seem to be getting louder and louder to you, and do you believe it is as I have said, or for different reasons ?

Dr F Need not apply.

The noise levels have improved a lot recently, numerous reasons, less part timers possibly, everyone pulling together in our "crisis", a sence of nothing to lose after 9 defeats, the only way is up etc...

One thing I am sure of, we would sing in unison a lot more often if we could somehow get H Block dwellers to please please leave their drums and trumpets at home please!

The Gate used to be loud before people started bringing drums and then trumpets. We are one of the only Clubs to have to go through the embarrassment of having a band stiffleing our songs! The problem is, the band members either don't seem to realise that this is what they have done/are doing, or they are in denial!!

It's really frustraiting, with such a obvious simple solution, in my opinion!

Guest HambrookRed

It wasn't my intention to start a debate about getting rid of the Bands at the ground. I have never really been a consistent attendee ( is that a word ? ) when there hasn't been a band so I'm not sure of the difference.

Maybe if they put the lyrics up on the board the whole ground would be able to sing, in harmony, and the right words. The away fans wouldn't know how "choir like" we are being as they cannot see the board.

Someone start a "Lyrics on the Scoreboard" thread.

Guest HambrookRed

Rubbish. Always more singing with out it. Did you go to port vale? No band present, best atmosphere i've heard all season.

Thanks band, but now is the time to step aside, and let the choir have a go! :)

:pray: Choir please !

Archived