IGNORED

Football Manager Competition

Evy11_BCFC

If we get enough interest I was thinking about starting a Football Manager competition, where I will give a team to manage and everybody manages the team until we find a winner. This may be a challenge or say managing a team for a year and see who does the best.

At the end of the competition the winner will be the person who either has the most points or most challenge wins. (haven't decided yet)

If you are interested, post in the thread and maybe even give ideas on challenges we could do.

Thanks for reading!

Guest The Codfather 0312

Here is a challenge I got from somewhere else and to date only one person has completed it but there is suspision that he cheated.

Basically you have to take San Marino(country not club) to a major tournement ie Euro Championships or World cup.

Or another one is lead a welsh prem side to champions league glory.

Guest The Codfather 0312
I think that would be the quite hard but if you get the right draw for the euro qualifiers you could do it

It tis possible though I'm yet to have a go at it, But I will do one day, I think the key would be to also manage the club side San Marino as well as The international team and then develop the youth players.

It tis possible though I'm yet to have a go at it, But I will do one day, I think the key would be to also manage the club side San Marino as well as The international team and then develop the youth players.

There's a site called Lower League Manager, which is a challenge where you pick a team from the lowest division available in your chosen country, e.g. Conference North/South and play as them for as long as you can. There are rules like not using the editor in any way, and not naming players that you sign. there's even a tool to download which picks you a team to manage, from any of the lowest leagues in each country. I had a go with the old FM2005, but there's only so much you can take of the Bulgarian Second Division with no money or players before you get fed up.

LLM

There's a site called Lower League Manager, which is a challenge where you pick a team from the lowest division available in your chosen country, e.g. Conference North/South and play as them for as long as you can. There are rules like not using the editor in any way, and not naming players that you sign. there's even a tool to download which picks you a team to manage, from any of the lowest leagues in each country. I had a go with the old FM2005, but there's only so much you can take of the Bulgarian Second Division with no money or players before you get fed up.

LLM

That could be quite interesting.

remember playing ages ago on 99/00 i think it was. Was a little bored so resigned as manager of Arsenal and decided to take on the job at Dutch side Haarlem. They were in the bottom division in Holland, no relegation from it which was nice. Took the job as it seemed interesting, then i looked at the league table, and oh dear, in a full season they hadn't managed a single win and only had 4 points from 40 odd games. After 3 seasons in management they were ok but still not much cop so i upped sticks when i was offered the Rovers job to stave off relegation from the conference, which i did and had them in the prem in 6 years.

Guest The Codfather 0312

I still recon the San Marino challenge is the best and hardest.

Like I said only one person has done it but there are rumours that he used the editor.

Guest The Codfather 0312

I had a go at that on the old game. Unless you were to edit it signifcantly, it really isn't possible.

I had a quick go once but after four losses of 11-0 13-0 15-0 and 9-0 I gave up.

I will try and do it when I have finished my save game though. I got a theroy of how to do it but it's putting that theroy into action that causes the main problem.

Archived