IGNORED

Soccer Night

Ian M

• Admin

This is the first time I've ever watched it and having reached the Advert break half way through it's been COMPLETELY about Yeovil so far.

Do any other teams feature or is it just for Yeovil fans then?

Edit: Ok, it's on for an hour so I assume one part each

That was pitiful tonight I must admit.

I fell asleep half way through and woke up to the most unenthusiastic "merry Christmas" I think I've ever heard from Brooker. Merry Christmas to you too Brooks!

Last years Christmas special was much better if my memory serves me correct.

City girls weren't too bad though!! :wub:

Guest DrFaustus

Jed Pitman is a Notts Cheaters fan. What more do you expect from a complete arsewipe like him and a programme called 'soccer night'. The last time I looked, I was still a free born citizen of this great country. Nobody told me that we had become the 51st state. Soccer? My arse.

Jed Pitman is a Notts Cheaters fan. What more do you expect from a complete arsewipe like him and a programme called 'soccer night'. The last time I looked, I was still a free born citizen of this great country. Nobody told me that we had become the 51st state. Soccer? My arse.

Well, they play songs after we score. :doh:

I wander if England will get knocked out in the semiiii final in the world cup on pk's

The last time I looked, I was still a free born citizen of this great country. Nobody told me that we had become the 51st state. Soccer? My arse.

Totally agree... and I've always wondered why Sky Sports called their programme 'Soccer' AM?

It's a 'foot'... it's a 'ball'.

That was pitiful tonight I must admit.

I fell asleep half way through and woke up to the most unenthusiastic "merry Christmas" I think I've ever heard from Brooker. Merry Christmas to you too Brooks!

Last years Christmas special was much better if my memory serves me correct.

City girls weren't too bad though!! :wub:

Well the 1st 2 were ok, the other 2 weren't much cop at all and i don't think they new much about football let alone city, it did say on the web-site that 2 of the girls had dropped out, so maybe they were just dragged of the street.

I watched last night's programme, it was dreadful.

The two presenters were morons, the "expert panel" were uninformed and frankly offered nothing to the discussion (such as it was).

The girly section was demeaning and added nothing to the programme and the features on each club were, frankly, a waste of space.

The programme would easily have been condensed into a five minute round up of each club plus a bit of chat from someone with at least two brain cells to rub together, without the poor attempt at imitating Sky's Soccer AM.

That's an hour of my life I won't see again, think I'll sue ITV1.

The term "soccer" originated in this "great country" of yours which is not the 51st State of anywhere.

Guest DrFaustus

The term "soccer" originated in this "great country" of yours which is not the 51st State of anywhere.

Maybe so, but it is now part of American English. I just checked my passport and it says UK on there. That suits me down to the ground.

Dr. Frustrated, you didn't look very closely then. They do say it makes you go blind.

It is a poor show with poor presenters. THey should try a bit of originality instead of copying Soccer Am. Very disappointing.

Exactly my feelings, it wasn't the greatest show on the planet when it was west match but at least it was a better format than trying to be a poor mans soccer am. I don't find it funny in the slightest, Pitman is a tool and so's the other bloke that tries to be funny.

After recently buying a place in Bristol, I've watched this programme a couple of times and I can honestly say it's far worse than Noddy Malones efforts back in the old days with Tony Brown.

Who those two plonkers on there think they are I don't know, but it just about sums up HTV's attitude to sport.

It's crass, toe curlingly embarrassing, amateur & rank.

I've watched equivalent programmes in other regions and, whilst they're far from great, at least they're watchable.

They're not biased mate, they're just brain dead!

I watched last night's programme, it was dreadful.

The two presenters were morons, the "expert panel" were uninformed and frankly offered nothing to the discussion (such as it was).

The girly section was demeaning and added nothing to the programme and the features on each club were, frankly, a waste of space.

The programme would easily have been condensed into a five minute round up of each club plus a bit of chat from someone with at least two brain cells to rub together, without the poor attempt at imitating Sky's Soccer AM.

That's an hour of my life I won't see again, think I'll sue ITV1.

Seems like the two programmes I saw were fairly representative from quality & format showpoint :rolleyes:

Probably you

No..........it's the programme :)

Sorry for being proud of my country Chavs.

No need to apologise, DrIffy. But which part of the free country are you proud of?

The proposed ID card scheme.

The dead Brazilian.

The highest heart disease rate in Western Europe.

Biometric passports.

The highest number of CCTV cameras in Western Europe.

The proposed monitoring of every car journey.

The support of a nation intent on committing war against a country it does not share any boundaries with, or have any threat from.

The support of the same nation who holds our fellow citizens without charge or trial for many years.

The proposal to hold people for upto 3 months without charge or trial.

The proposal to stop trial by jury.

Still, they wouldn't come for us, me old mucker, so chin up, and let's remain proud. Have a good Xmas.

Guest DrFaustus

I am proud of the tolerance of the majority of the people in this country, proud of our industrial heritage, proud of our generally liberally minded people, proud of many aspects of Great Britain that no authoritarian government could ever destroy. Governments are transient matey, the people of this country are permanent. I am proud to be a free man, sorry if that doesn't fit the cosy conspiracy theories of the far left, far right or the certifiably insane.

Merry Christmas Chivs.

Archived