IGNORED

Safe Standing Part 2

Guest North Street

Someone else put that link on another thread. It's five years old.

What's happening on watchdog tonight then?

I really think that if every Club pulled together and did some campaigning it would make a big difference. If you read the link on the "taylor report thread" you'll see that it won't take much to tear the all seater ruling apart.

Taylor made his report from "selected evidence" that the police hand picked and gave him. Taylor had already made one report which was a lot more critical of the police and I'm not sure if terracing was mentioned at all. As we all seem to know now, terracing was made a scapegoat and I hear Maggie Thatcher just didn't like football and would have banned it all together given half a chance. :dunno:

Bring back terracing :englandsmile4wf:

Someone else put that link on another thread. It's five years old.

What's happening on watchdog tonight then?

I really think that if every Club pulled together and did some campaigning it would make a big difference. If you read the link on the "taylor report thread" you'll see that it won't take much to tear the all seater ruling apart.

Taylor made his report from "selected evidence" that the police hand picked and gave him. Taylor had already made one report which was a lot more critical of the police and I'm not sure if terracing was mentioned at all. As we all seem to know now, terracing was made a scapegoat and I hear Maggie Thatcher just didn't like football and would have banned it all together given half a chance. :dunno:

Bring back terracing :englandsmile4wf:

, 22 December, 2000, 07:59 GMT

Football split over terrace return

Terraces still feature at lower division grounds

Sports Minister Kate Hoey is to consider the introduction of "safely designed standing areas" in Premiership football grounds - even though it is contrary to government policy

I was baffled as Kate Hoey is no longer sports minister then i saw that date.I would actually like to see the programme, anybody got a tardis?

Archived