IGNORED

East End...

Tinmansleftboot

What is this fasination with sitting/standing in the East End. I've been going down the gate for years and years now and I've sat/stood in every stand. The East End, is without doubt the worst for viewing the game. Yes, the atmosphere is better but if I pay £15 a ticket I personally want to see the match.

Everybody is entittled to their opinion, but, I just can't work it out. From reading all the other posts on this subject it does seem to be the younger element that wish to use the East End. Why? Somebody please tell me.

Guest H Block Drum n' Bass

Yesterday i noticed alot of 12 to 15 year olds were in the East End. It is simply because they like singing along! I only go in the East End for the Atmosphere and i wasn't disapointed with the view!

Get in there and Try it! I did and i will be in their when ever i can now.

Guest city slicker 71
people want to go in the east end to help cheer the team on and get a good atmosphere back at the gate.
Right, and there's a lot more old uns like myself as the games go on.

As for a poor view here's one City man more than happy to leave that Dolman matchday experience of; a herd of buffalo who come in 10 minutes late the same herd x3 who leave 20 minutes early, dangerous bottlenecks caused by an idiot initiative to keep the gates locked, and no idea what goes on down in the right hand corner? There's a lot more so I'll bore you no longer!

UP THE ROBINS :D

Its not just about the atmosphere. Its something else as well. Not sure what it is but i suppose its something to do with the EE being the traditional home end. No different to the Kop, North bank or Stretford end at other clubs. The side view is always better but some fans will always want to be in their end.

Guest john barnes

It is alot to do with the atmosphere, but you feel that when you are in there you can enjoy the game alot more. I have sat in the wiliams for years mainly to be by the away fans to enjoy some sort of atmosphere,but when we played Sheffield Weds this season just after we scored a few of us stood up to join in with the song that the atteyo was singing and the people sat not directly behind us started shouting sit down. This is 1 of the main reasons we go in there because both the dolman and williams are full of people who want to watch the game and not take part in it.Yeah they have better views but the noise that the EE creates makes you feel like you are part of it and really can make a difference to the team!!

John Barnes...totally agree with your post theres too many of the prawn sandwich brigade around the ground who look on dissaprovingly if you show any passion ..i cant wait to get back down there now were in OUR real home and with lots of bristol boys in the side i really feel part of the club for the first time in ages .

Archived