IGNORED

Band

Guest d_hardingbcfcband

Guest d_hardingbcfcband

Hello,

Having just read the nasty messages posted on here I think all of you city fans who have said things should be ashamed and embarrassed. Just becuase we have a poor string of results DOES NOT mean you turn on your fellow fans. If you so think we are the issue all the time where is your evidence???? You need to stop bullying and vicitimising the people who stand out in the club ie players, chairmain, band because u can hear them, g block becuase you can c them. there are like 15k of people who make this club not 20 or 30.

My point is stop moaning and pull together you wouldnt like it if you read nasty posts aimed at yourselves so put your feelings into our shoes. We do not kill the atmosphere if we did how the hell has there been a very good one for the last few weeks then huh????? its pathetic you have no evidence but personal opnion and as i said the club is 15k plus people not 20 or 30

So all pull together and lets get this club rocking off the bottom. Come on you reds and you passionate city fans, there is loads to cheer for.

Guest Wurzel of Oz

You have my support band boys!! And if you're looking for extra members, I play the horn, trumpet and have an extremly loud voice ....

Keep up the good work!

Sam :city:

Hello,

Having just read the nasty messages posted on here I think all of you city fans who have said things should be ashamed and embarrassed. Just becuase we have a poor string of results DOES NOT mean you turn on your fellow fans. If you so think we are the issue all the time where is your evidence???? You need to stop bullying and vicitimising the people who stand out in the club ie players, chairmain, band because u can hear them, g block becuase you can c them. there are like 15k of people who make this club not 20 or 30.

My point is stop moaning and pull together you wouldnt like it if you read nasty posts aimed at yourselves so put your feelings into our shoes. We do not kill the atmosphere if we did how the hell has there been a very good one for the last few weeks then huh????? its pathetic you have no evidence but personal opnion and as i said the club is 15k plus people not 20 or 30

So all pull together and lets get this club rocking off the bottom. Come on you reds and you passionate city fans, there is loads to cheer for.

Why was it that behind the goal in the Atyeo was full of people who sang and waved their scarves around their head and also the rest of the ground sang in 96/97 then the drums turn up in 97/98 and a silence sweeps across the Gate then?

If thats not evidence enough then why not put our opinions on the line and the band leave their musical instruments away from Aston Gate and we'll hear what happens??? Or are you worried that you may have made a mistake in bringing your instruments for eight years and not realising what effect it has on the atmosphere? If so, I ask that you to swallow your pride and give a band free Ashton Gate a try!

I remember people saying that when the band was in the East End, the rest of the ground sang in unison.

How come we're one of the only, if not the only club to have a band in England if they're so good?

How come about 23 000 Sheffield Wednesday fans petitioned to get people to leave their instruments at home if bands are so good?

Atmosphere's been good for two games and you seem to think that justifies EIGHT YEARS of stifleing songs with your drums and trumpets?

Like I say before, there is only one way to solve this debate and that is to experiment without a band for a while. (I'd reccomend until the end of the season and then it would be a fairer test rather than just one or two games)

Just for the record, my opinions have nothing to do with the results, I've thought this for years and years!

And I've said it loads of times before! Even when you were in the East End I was p155ed of with the amount of songs you prevented being sung in unison. I saw other people as well, mimicking stamping on the drums.

This isn't supposed to be a vicious attack on anyone, just trying to get people to see what the band have contributed to in quite a dramatic fashion. It's supposed to be constructive critisism for a louder Ashton Gate.

BAND OUT!!

Guest d_hardingbcfcband

Well just thought this shows its the minority against the majority as it only seems to be "bb and ateyo andy" who have issues about the band, as they are the ones who seem to post most comments. Look at the poll to i think a difference of like 4 votes out of like 40 odd votes is no result to pass judgement.

Hope all you city fans had a goal difference xmas and not a bad result today but lets all get loud and proud of our club on weds nite by singing your hearts out for the lads. Show the lads you want this club to succed and get 3 points.

come on u redsssssssssss!!!

Well just thought this shows its the minority against the majority as it only seems to be "bb and ateyo andy" who have issues about the band, as they are the ones who seem to post most comments. Look at the poll to i think a difference of like 4 votes out of like 40 odd votes is no result to pass judgement.

Hope all you city fans had a goal difference xmas and not a bad result today but lets all get loud and proud of our club on weds nite by singing your hearts out for the lads. Show the lads you want this club to succed and get 3 points.

I can assure you it's not just me and Ateyo Andy that don't want bands in football. The majority of my comments have been constructive I've felt.

The poll so far:

14 (34.15%) IN

18 (43.90%) OUT

8 (19.51%) Keep ONE Drum

1 (2.44%) Keep SEVERAL drums

That makes it 65.85% that want trumpets OUT so far.

About 23 000 Sheffield Wednesday petitioned to get shot of their band. I blieve we're the only club to have a band.

Atyeo was loud 96/97 silent 97/98. What happened that season?

I haven't got personal with the people in the band just about the instruments they bring.

Can't we just try the rest of the season without a band and see what happens?

If it enables songs to develop and so creating a louder atmosphere surely that can only be a good thing!

Hope everyone had/having a good Christmas and lets get loud and proud on Wednesday, like you say yourself 'd_hardingbcfcband', by singing our hearts out.

You seem to have missed a fair few. Got a blind fold on or something covering your eyes? wool?

As I said, I hate the band ever since I've going down the gate. Band out!!!

The atmosphere at todays game is a example of why we need a drum or two at away games. There were a few on the top tier and me and another lad ion bottom tier trying to create some atmosphere but it wasn't happening. I can remember a few games from last season when their were a couple of drums at Chesterfiled and Colchester and the atmosphere ws good even at Luton when we was gettong hammered the drums were still going and it helped build a atmosphere.

Archived