IGNORED

Not English - Footballish

WTFiGO!?!

I think I'd go:

Alan Hansen (to be fair could write his own phrase book) - Shambolic defending

- right peg/far stick

Ally McCoist/Robbie Earle - Not for me Des/Gabby

Martin O'neill - To be fair (although widespread usage is evident throughout the footballing world - Martin does love it. he is a very just man!)

I think I'd go:

Alan Hansen (to be fair could write his own phrase book) - Shambolic defending

- right peg/far stick

Ally McCoist/Robbie Earle - Not for me Des/Gabby

Martin O'neill - To be fair (although widespread usage is evident throughout the footballing world - Martin does love it. he is a very just man!)

Mark Lawrenson - 'Most Definately' Still comes out with it now, years after first producing it on HTV Sportsweek.

When asked a question by Gary on MOTD Brooking would always love to start a reply with 'well......' although it was always more of a 'Wwwweeeeeeeeellllllllll...........' in that essexonion (yet posh!!) accent of his.

Still makes me chuckle thinking about it ... :laugh:

Guest Tactical Genius

"Off the line". They rarely are.

"He's a good shot stopper" well, you'd kind of think that wouldn't you, seeing as how he's a professional goalkeeper.

"2-0 is the most dangerous scoreline in football" So why do teams carry on trying to score when they're already 1-0 up?

"He was offside by a mile" a mile? Are you sure?

"It was never a penalty" I think you'll find it was. And what's more, they scored from it.

"That decision could get me the sack" yes, that and the six months of your incompetence that preceded it.

"The sending off ruined the game" whose fault is that then, the ref for applying the rules or your player for stamping on the opposition winger?

"I think we can get a result on Saturday". I think you can too. It'll probably be a defeat though.

"fans pay good money to see 11 v 11, and they are being short-changed". Nonsense. Fans pay to see a football match. The number of players on the field, like the number of goals scored, vary from game to game.

"otherwise he didn't have a save to make in the game" Now, I wasn't at the game but just by looking at the scoreline I can see that he had at least 3 saves to make.

"he sent the keeper the wrong way" No, he got lucky.

"It's not about the money."

Oh yeah, Fat Ron, how could I forget???

The ball was never crossed in always 'fizzed in'

and the three magic words: 'if you like' probably made up 50% of his verbal communication. See he is actually quite a considerate man after all

BFR used to like players getting stuck in early doors. Spotters badge for that one.

Bawling scootish toons out of Andy Grey is a football ins TIT u tion all of its own (i'd like to highlight the word TIT there just cos it strikes me as funny , just at this moment. ) ho hoho

CITY!!!!! love You lots an lots xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Ya dooont saavee thooseee!!!"

he f'ing loves it doesn't he?

Andy Gray - in bawling Scot tone - "Ya dooont saavee thooseee!!!"

especially relevant to Tinman at Anfield citypope

Bruce didn't

BFR used to like players getting stuck in early doors. Spotters badge for that one.

if you like x X x but only I U L

chris kamara - "IT'S UNBELIEVABLE JEFF"

I was concerned that he might spontaneously combust whilst commentating on the Fulham v Villa game last night.

He takes " soccer passon" to a new level

Gary Johnson at the Supporters Trust Launch, when asked by Johnathon Pearce as to why we kept losing games (this was when the Nine game loss was happening)

Johnathon - "So then Gary why are we losing so many games?"

Gary - "Well because the other team are scoring more goals than we are"

(I thought it was kind of funny and so did most people there)

Guest Ronmeister

Got a few, not really Cliches but things that people have said and will wish they hadn't...

I'd like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona.

People will say that's typical City, which really annoys me. But that's typical City, I suppose.

Every dog has his day, and today is woof-woof day. I want to celebrate promotion by barking.

:laugh:

I miss Brian Moore... There was a digified approach to his commentatary yet when something amazing happened he'd get excited (but not in a annoyed way a la Motty) E.G. Owen goal Vs. Argentina in '98.

One of my earliest memories of watching football on tele is Brian Moore going...

"Huuuuuuughes, (goal scored) BRILLIANTLY!"

IPB Image

LEGEND

Archived