IGNORED

Woody And Orr

ajs202

I thought the back looked defensively sound, both orr and woodman kept the majority of crosses out a let very little past them. You must remember these two are not wing-backs they are full backs, we have j. smith and golbourne who are wing-backs! The passing is improving and orr was pretty much provider for two of the goals!

Guest Denhilson

Orr's Distrabruiton (nice spelling but you no what i mean) is dire but gets stuck in, Woodman is half hearted in tackles but can play a good ball

I disagree, Orr was whipping that ball in the box like never before.

His runs into the centre and his teamwork with Cotterill was a joy to watch.

Same for Woodman and Murray - neat touches from them two.

Looked very confident, composed and most importantly - balanced.

My God, you saw a different game to me.

They're still the two weak links.

Where was the problem?

Woodman granted could be viewed as a weak link, but Orr coming forward - thought he was excellent. And as a midfielder learning his trade, his defending wasnt half bad either.

Cotteril created acres of space for him to move into and play the ball into the front two.

Murray and Woodman for me look like they are working well together, and anything is better than youga.

But then again. maybe it was a different game from Dolman C block...

I think Woodman's done a sound job since he came back and deserves his place in the team.

Orr, on the other hand, has been blowing hot and cold. When he gets forward, his crosses are usually good, but I hate how he just pumps the ball upfield rather aimlessly from defence.

Guest maidenheadred

Behave yourself!

I was The Footballer Formally Known As Sadly Poor's biggest critic a few months ago.... but now looks like he's been a right back for years, and was third best player on the park tonight after Brooker and Murray.

He defends well, his distribution isnt great - but still better than our next best alternative at RB (Carey - am ignoring Smith who can pick up his 200k a year for doing nowt it seems); but his energy and even his positional sense is excellent... and was that two assists tonight I counted?

Woodman was alright - but Orr was excellent. RB for next 5 years!

and was that two assists tonight I counted?

No, it was one. If you can in fact count that is.

It's no coincidence that Orr's form has improved since Johnson told him to lay off the booze after the night club incident...but for me he is still poor. Obviously distribution is very, very bad but he does also have wobbly's at the back and sooner or later he'll be at fault for a goal.

Hopefully in the summer Johnson will look at recruiting a new left-back and right-back.

Guest maidenheadred

... and you can behave yourself too, son. And learn punctuation.

Some geezer sprinted to the byline, kept the ball in play, and hooked a great cross back to Brooker. Could have been Orr, sounds like it wasn't. Noble maybe? Anyway - I'm talking at a d1ck a 230am in the morning.. time to turn in!

Watching Woodman is fascinating. I don't recall him putting a foot wrong, he stood up to the wingers when others might have gone to ground, and made one crunching tackle resulting in a cheap retribution foul from his victim.

Defensively I don't see we can complain. From an attacking sence, he's no Ashley Cole, but last night he often ghosted forward into forward space - what amazed me was how often he was then ignored by his team mates. Is this a result of his tendency to remain silent, or do they either not like him, or not rate him?

Watching Woodman is fascinating. I don't recall him putting a foot wrong, he stood up to the wingers when others might have gone to ground, and made one crunching tackle resulting in a cheap retribution foul from his victim.

Defensively I don't see we can complain. From an attacking sence, he's no Ashley Cole, but last night he often ghosted forward into forward space - what amazed me was how often he was then ignored by his team mates. Is this a result of his tendency to remain silent, or do they either not like him, or not rate him?

Who was supposed to be marking the man who scored their goal? It was certainly in Woodman's area of the defence but it may have been another defender who should have marked the attacker?

Two other points worry me about Woodman. I think he is weak in the air and he doesn't have a lot of pace. Nevertheless, I still think he is harshly treated on this forum.

Orr's Distrabruiton (nice spelling but you no what i mean) is dire but gets stuck in, Woodman is half hearted in tackles but can play a good ball

How can you say that, Orr set up 2 of the goals last night, if his distribution was that poor then that wouldn't of happened. He has also made that right back his own now.

Woody hasn't played a bad game since he returned from being on loan, and since then we have only let in 2 goals, so they both must be doing something right

Listen to the commentry back and every goal was because Orr was getting the ball here there and everywhere... No one could of taken the MOTM away from Brooker but Orr was a very close second. He was superb, solid and composed as was all our defence. I don't know why everyone has to pick and poke at every little thing. :yawn:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Bradley Orr and Craig Woodman can do a job, but we need much better if we ever want to look at winning things, rather than except second best all the time.

Who was supposed to be marking the man who scored their goal? It was certainly in Woodman's area of the defence but it may have been another defender who should have marked the attacker?

Two other points worry me about Woodman. I think he is weak in the air and he doesn't have a lot of pace. Nevertheless, I still think he is harshly treated on this forum.

According to GJ post match report heywood took the blame for the goal as he was marking the player, but orr and brooks failed to clear it off the line.

I think those two have played really well of late, but then so has the whole team. Orr has been fantastic at right back this season, considering he has played in the midfield all of his career, think woodman has finally got the kick up the ass this time from johnson, and he seems to of actually believed him this time!

... and you can behave yourself too, son. And learn punctuation.

Some geezer sprinted to the byline, kept the ball in play, and hooked a great cross back to Brooker. Could have been Orr, sounds like it wasn't. Noble maybe? Anyway - I'm talking at a d1ck a 230am in the morning.. time to turn in!

It was Russell.

orr looked worth the shirt in my eyes. tough, sharp and managed to get forward in the second half. for me he would have been up for man of the match had brooker not been so good.

woodman looked a bit withdrawn at the start. didn't seem very confident, and looked worse AFTER we went ahead! but in the second half he pulled his socks up and got stuck in a fair bit, plus made a couple of good decisions when coming forward later on. i think he suffers from the lack of a left footer in front of him, just like bell did when wilson started to play tinnion in the center a couple of seasons ago. it means he is always playing to murrays wrong foot, which doesn't seem to suit either of them.

over all was impressed though. they stuck to their jobs and gave us a consistant shape and balance, something rotherham never looked capable breaking down. would suggest we need a tougher, more aggressive left back though, just to keep the pressure up for places.

It's no coincidence that Orr's form has improved since Johnson told him to lay off the booze after the night club incident...but for me he is still poor. Obviously distribution is very, very bad but he does also have wobbly's at the back and sooner or later he'll be at fault for a goal.

Hopefully in the summer Johnson will look at recruiting a new left-back and right-back.

Sooner or later Orr, a defender, will be at fault for a goal. How amazing. That makes him as bad as EVERY single defender at EVERY single club in the country then. Ask Matt Heywood.

Archived