IGNORED

Brooker Going To Stoke?

Guest Legend City Man

Guest Legend City Man

bloke was sat behing me in block c of Williams tonight, jotting down notes all night on notepad.. at half time I asked him if was a reporter or Scout.. he said scout from Stoke and thats all hes saying! I'm thining Brooker may want return to midlands,, could it be?

bloke was sat behing me in block c of Williams tonight, jotting down notes all night on notepad.. at half time I asked him if was a reporter or Scout.. he said scout from Stoke and thats all hes saying! I'm thining Brooker may want return to midlands,, could it be?

£500k bid coming in January.........

• Admin

Two things:

i) Brooker isn't from the Midlands originally and the Stoke area certainly isn't one that you would fall in love with (it regularly comes out as one of the worst areas of the country to live in).

ii) You have a history of posting complete bullshíte so this post doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

if its true, i'd hope its more like a million for ol' shiny head! PLUS he's our captain, so i'd tag another 150k on any offer if i was GJ!

but i think its more likely the rotherham players were getting eyed. burtons on 13 goals and has got a transfer request in and butler isn't looking too shabby either. although i get the feeling GJ would sell almost any senior pro to raise funds this window, i think brooker would be the one he'd fight tooth and nail to keep.

Guest The Codfather 0312

This is rubbish as it's a known fact that the Stoke owners only like buying foreign players and they could get a player similar to brooks from Norway or something for a third of the price.

• Admin

This is rubbish as it's a known fact that the Stoke owners only like buying foreign players and they could get a player similar to brooks from Norway or something for a third of the price.

Stoke's transfers in 2005/2006

Players in

Player From Fee Date

Mamady Sidibe Gillingham Free 23-06-2005

Peter Sweeney Millwall Signed 01-07-2005

Carl Hoefkens Germinal Signed 26-07-2005

Marlon Broomes Preston Swap 03-08-2005

Bruce Dyer Watford Free 03-08-2005

Hans Sigurdsson Viking Signed 31-08-2005

Sambegou Bangoura Standard Liege Signed 01-10-2005

Total: £ 0

Hmm, 4 English clubs, 2 Belgian, 1 Norwegian.....They don't spend anything on fees either. A third of nothing is not a lot :laugh:

Guest Legend City Man

Look I'm not lying ok.. I went to the match last night, sat in the Williams stand and told everyone what happend.. Just because my posts may always seem crap I'm not bothered what you all think of me, I am a kind, caring and generous supporter but I often have differing opninions BUT i only ever post on here what ever I hear of other people or what ive heard from people in person at Ashton Gate so please lay off me and give me a break...

Players in

Player From Fee Date

Hmm, 4 English clubs, 2 Belgian, 1 Norwegian.....They don't spend anything on fees either. A third of nothing is not a lot :laugh:

Think you'll find that Bangoura was a club record fee.

Look I'm not lying ok.. I went to the match last night, sat in the Williams stand and told everyone what happend.. Just because my posts may always seem crap I'm not bothered what you all think of me, I am a kind, caring and generous supporter but I often have differing opninions BUT i only ever post on here what ever I hear of other people or what ive heard from people in person at Ashton Gate so please lay off me and give me a break...

You reap what you sow.

Guest The Codfather 0312

Players in

Player From Fee Date

Mamady Sidibe was born in Mali so that makes it four foreign and three english, Not good for the english game is it? And maybe you can tell me why they sacked Tony Pullis?

Mamady Sidibe was born in Mali so that makes it four foreign and three english, Not good for the english game is it? And maybe you can tell me why they sacked Tony Pullis?

The reason given was failure to exploit the foreign transfer market.

The smart money is on "preferring to sign his own rag tag collection of aging injury prone crocks that guarantee him certain financial rewards over the cheap icelanders the owners preferred".

Nibor

How would Madger know that? He's not on the board of directors :doh:

How do you know Madger isn't on their board of directors? He admits to knowing Stoke and can reel off all their transfers.

Creep up behind him and ask out loud if anyone wants an oatcake. If Madger spins round and says "yes" before correcting himself we know we 'have a wrong'un. :laugh:

Madger, I don't know what your trying to say, i never post BS.

Are you posting from an African river?

I assumed Madger was referring to 'de Nile'?

As in he is in ................ de nile.

Am I being incredibly insightful or have I mastered stating the obvious? :blink:

• Admin

I assumed Madger was referring to 'de Nile'?

As in he is in ................ de nile.

Am I being incredibly insightful or have I mastered stating the obvious? :blink:

I would hope the latter, I fear the former :unsure:

The point being he was bought from an English club and not from Norway or somewhere foreign.

Guest Dannycidered03

Hey Guys and Lasses

On this brooker transfer speculation,

What i heard wednesday night outside the club shop chattin to some fan's who know's there stuff. They said the club HAVE been approached by Sheffield Wednesday for brooker but don't no much else.

In all honnestly i don't think brooker will go ANYWHERE! He always give 110% and a great lad but at the moment i don't see him (on his current form) as a championship striker. People may think different, its just my own opinion.

Cheers,

Guest Redpepper

What you have to remember is that there are always scouts at matches checking on all players from both teams. Where we sit in the Williams the scouts frequently sit right behind us. Indeed there are a few that are very regular visitors.

With regards to Brooker there have been numerous scouts looking at him including Plymouth. He's one of our best players so we shouldn't expect anything else.

We should view scouting activity as confirmation that we have some good players, not that they are necessarily going to leave the club!

Guest The Codfather 0312
What you have to remember is that there are always scouts at matches checking on all players from both teams. Where we sit in the Williams the scouts frequently sit right behind us. Indeed there are a few that are very regular visitors.

With regards to Brooker there have been numerous scouts looking at him including Plymouth. He's one of our best players so we shouldn't expect anything else.

We should view scouting activity as confirmation that we have some good players, not that they are necessarily going to leave the club!

Do they wear T-Shirts with Big letters on it saying "I am a Scout from Stoke, Plymouth etc etc"?

Guest Redpepper

I've never been asked a question by a chimp before .......

Scouts often wear coats with badges but as we're a sociable bunch we often turn round and have a friendly chat. They are human after all and most of them are quite happy to discuss the club they are from and in most cases the players they are looking at.

The scouts normally fall into 2 distinct categories.

Firstly they are from a team we're going to be playing in a few games time. They normally take lots of notes and draw lots of diagrams of set plays etc.

The second set are often compiling scouting reports on a number of players from both sides.

You normally know who a scout has been watching when there is a substitiution and there then follows a mass walkout of scouts!

Guest MarkyBoyPVFC

I've heard he's been linked with Hull City as well from a couple of Hull fans in the know but they're like Wednesday, they're striker whores. Bid for anyone who plays up front!

Any striker that hasn't been linked with the Wendies must be insulted been as they've been linked with over 100 already this season!

Guest mighty potters

right i am a stoke fan and how dare u say stoke cant aford brooker and stoke is NOT a Krap place it is a better place than bristol

COME ON YOU RIP ROARING POTTERS

:englandsmile4wf: STOKE 4 LIFE

JOE

Archived