IGNORED

Bas Savage Trivia

PhatWill

so you believe that he has been more instrumental than Carey partnering Heywood in a combative and solid central defence or Noble and Russell combining in central midfield whereas beforewe were a little too lightweight and inexperienced??

Noble and Russell are both apparently 'play-makers' and I certainly wasn't impressed with either of their performances tonight or at Gillingham (I presume you were at neither game).

I felt we were very lucky to run out victors tonight in all honesty.

Bas did a job for us, and although I don't think he'll have an extended stay at City I feel he has done great service to us and fully deserved the applause he got tonight when substituted.

Vastly under-rated and for me the best part of his game is that he's a team player. Unlike countless under-achieving City forwards before him and a ceratin Mr Dave Cotterill based on this evening.

The defence, well again Carey and Heywood were both shaky at Gillingham, maybe slightly more composed tonight but they work well as a pairing because Carey as the pace to make up for Heywood's indecision....

Noble and Russell are both apparently 'play-makers' and I certainly wasn't impressed with either of their performances tonight or at Gillingham (I presume you were at neither game).

I felt we were very lucky to run out victors tonight in all honesty.

Bas did a job for us, and although I don't think he'll have an extended stay at City I feel he has done great service to us and fully deserved the applause he got tonight when substituted.

Vastly under-rated and for me the best part of his game is that he's a team player. Unlike countless under-achieving City forwards before him and a ceratin Mr Dave Cotterill based on this evening.

The defence, well again Carey and Heywood were both shaky at Gillingham, maybe slightly more composed tonight but they work well as a pairing because Carey as the pace to make up for Heywood's indecision....

I wasn't at either so fairpoints, however, I disagreewith GJ Brooker is far better with a partner who makes the runs, creates space etc etc Something that Stewartshould be doing and I believe that with 2 playmakers and maybe 3 with Wiltshire in the side we would have scored more recently than with Savage in the side.

I wasn't at either so fairpoints, however, I disagreewith GJ Brooker is far better with a partner who makes the runs, creates space etc etc Something that Stewartshould be doing and I believe that with 2 playmakers and maybe 3 with Wiltshire in the side we would have scored more recently than with Savage in the side.

Well look I agree with you to an extent. And I reiterate I was very suprised by City's poor performance tonight...we didn't raise our game enough after an average display but satisfiying away point at Gills.

Thing is Savage (and don't let anyone tell you different) DOES make runs and DOES find a lot of space, he is in fact a very intelligent footballer... he set up the first goal with a decent ball.

Course we need, ideally Leroy Lita, playing alongside Brooks but who's realistically out there?

Hayter?? Not convinced, has always plyed his trade at this league or lower and just because he scored a pen against us this season every City fan see's him as the second coming.

Archived