IGNORED

Footballers Wage Capping

The Batman

this probably has been talked about before, but i've just read it on the bbs web site

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4568308.stm

I admit that agents fee's are stupid beyond belief (mr murray :shutup: ) but players wages are a different matter.

If it is put into prospective, where are they going to draw the line of what is acceptable and what isn't??

The real madrid first 11 earnings probably equates to around £1 million a week in wages as many of them earn over 100,000 a week, yet according to one paper the other week, (i think it was the Daily Mail so probably rubbish but i ahve heard similar stories), that Schevchenko is earning 130,000 a week at Milan and is the highest paid footballer in the world, (excluding sponsership from other sources)

Now, would the wage cap be introduced so that a team cannot go over a certain limit, or is it based on individual players earnings???

Obviously this will only effect the "larger" teams in Europe, ie Real Madrid, Milan, Juventus, Chelsea.

I think that if a club has the money, then they should spend it as they like. If they go into bankrupcy in a few years time it their own fault (Sven did it at Lazio a few years ago but they recovered)

In this country though I fear that it is the fans who lose out, due to higher ticket and merchandise costs to cover the wage costs.

Apologies in advance for the brutal post. The fans have a very easy solution to combat increasing ticket and merchandise costs: don't pay them. No-one forces someone to go to a game, or to buy a shirt, a programme or a cold pasty: if you think something is too expensive then don't spend the money. May sound harsh, but its true. And please don't use an argument based on the "its our club, we're the fans, we're being mistreated" whine: everybody who goes to Ashton Gate to watch a match is making that choice themselves, knowing full well what the cost of attending is going to be. Protest against rising prices by not attending: that makes more of a statement than spending your money and grumbling to the person in the seat next to you about what a waste of money it is. There, off my chest now.

Archived