IGNORED

Bridges

Rocky

Guest SOMERSET 4EVER

Kevin Gall

No chance there.....he himself nearly went to Carlise not so long ago.

That wouldnt be a big signing for you and i don't think GJ would even consider him.

i would look at rory fallon

So would we ! Great player,great finisher.

We had 2 strikers at the club, 1 had scored goals for fun in the Prem and in European football, the other, never scored a goal in league football and has also been voted Burys worst EVER player. Which of those do we keep.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

They've played a similar amount of football in the last four years though haven't they. We kept the one that hasn't had career threatening injury problems.

If Bridges is a massive success at Carlisle, then fair enough, criticise GJ. If, however, Bridges is a flop in league two there will be egg on a few forum user's faces.

Either way, it's probably a sound financial decision.

Guest samj100

shame about bridges can see that he is a good player and was never given a chance, i was hoping that the loan was to give him match fitness so he came back refreshed.

He could have been used as a more attacking CM player as well as a striker. great shame. How many more times are we going to loose a great striker. Hefferman is the perfect example, we bought the top goal scorer in the division yet we disn't give him a run of games :blink: ?? every player has a little goal drought once in a wile.

lets hope we don't waste stewarts quality. i think that had he not had that ban he would have remained in the side and the results would have been the same. It just so happens that bas has come in and we havn't lost, as the saying goes, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

IMO bas brings nothing to the game and has no quality that stands out in that team. each player has a certain area that they are great at and he doesn't have one. We do need another striker but bas isn't that striker.

shame about bridges can see that he is a good player and was never given a chance, i was hoping that the loan was to give him match fitness so he came back refreshed.

He could have been used as a more attacking CM player as well as a striker. great shame. How many more times are we going to loose a great striker. Hefferman is the perfect example, we bought the top goal scorer in the division yet we disn't give him a run of games :blink: ?? every player has a little goal drought once in a wile.

lets hope we don't waste stewarts quality. i think that had he not had that ban he would have remained in the side and the results would have been the same. It just so happens that bas has come in and we havn't lost, as the saying goes, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

IMO bas brings nothing to the game and has no quality that stands out in that team. each player has a certain area that they are great at and he doesn't have one. We do need another striker but bas isn't that striker.

The heffernan situation was different. We had Lita and Brooker who were both undroppable.

You can't say that Bridges is a 'great striker' or say that he 'wasn't given a chance' because there's no evidence of either. Bridges had to win a place in the team in the same way as every footballer must and he couldn't.

As for Stewart, he has to fight for his place too, and perform a specific role when given the chance.

They've played a similar amount of football in the last four years though haven't they. We kept the one that hasn't had career threatening injury problems.

If Bridges is a massive success at Carlisle, then fair enough, criticise GJ. If, however, Bridges is a flop in league two there will be egg on a few forum user's faces.

Either way, it's probably a sound financial decision.

great post maye and i couldn't agree more, what is Savage on a week compared to Bridges, who is more committed to city? I would rather have a player who works his socks off, than someone who goes away on loan then slags of the club

Guest Ronmeister

We had 2 strikers at the club, 1 had scored goals for fun in the Prem and in European football, the other, never scored a goal in league football and has also been voted Burys worst EVER player. Which of those do we keep.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

I wonder how many people would have voted Tony Dinning as City's worst ever player if asked last summer???

And yet he is working wonders now at Port Vale, they love him... :blink:

great post maye and i couldn't agree more, what is Savage on a week compared to Bridges, who is more committed to city? I would rather have a player who works his socks off, than someone who goes away on loan then slags of the club

spot on. i just plain don't get why people knock baz savage. i want stewart to do well as much as the next supporter (and i think he will play a part in keeping us up) but savage is in the team on MERIT.

I was really excited when Bridges signed last summer, more so than when Stewart joined! (doesn't it seem ages ago now :( )

I was full of hope and expectation and thought we were lucky to capture someone with all this experience, but wary of his past injuries.

People who state that he wasn't given the chance should ask themselves why he wasn't. We'll never know but I'm sure both Tinnion and Johnson would have used such a talented player as it wouldn't have been in their interest not to. they must have both had their reasons.

Also if he was as great as we wanted him to be, then with no disrespect to carlisle, why is he dropping down the divisions like a hot brick?!

Also if he was as great as we wanted him to be, then with no disrespect to carlisle, why is he dropping down the divisions like a hot brick?!

Exactly right.

He had four starts, a number of sub appearances, a number of reserve games and months of training to prove himself. We've no evidence supporting a conspiracy. Time to get over it.

Guest samj100

The heffernan situation was different. We had Lita and Brooker who were both undroppable.

You can't say that Bridges is a 'great striker' or say that he 'wasn't given a chance' because there's no evidence of either. Bridges had to win a place in the team in the same way as every footballer must and he couldn't.

As for Stewart, he has to fight for his place too, and perform a specific role when given the chance.

Maybe not a great striker, but he had to be good to play in the premiership.

How can a player win a place if he doesn't play? :blink: I know that i play far better in a match than trainning, it's a completely different scenario. Plus i thought that in his few appearances he looked really good especially when he played CM but i spose tinnion was incharge then but still, He didn't play once under GJ (i don't recall it anyway) and bringing him back after the loan would have been MB chance under GJ

Bas didn't exactly "win" his chance because he got in because MS was banned. now i would say that that isn't winning a place in the team.

Maybe not a great striker, but he had to be good to play in the premiership. But he isn't that good any more. We all want stars in the team but they have to be the right players for our team

How can a player win a place if he doesn't play? That sentence doesn't make sense, think about it

Bas didn't exactly "win" his chance because he got in because MS was banned. now i would say that that isn't winning a place in the team. He's got a job on his hands to hold on to that place. It's more about the role he plays in our performances and trouble he causes the oppos. I doubt he'll be a first team regular for too long.

Guest samj100

spot on. i just plain don't get why people knock baz savage. i want stewart to do well as much as the next supporter (and i think he will play a part in keeping us up) but savage is in the team on MERIT.

Savage got in because MS was banned. we one our first game after the defeats with MS in the side. Savage came in and we kept winning. If it's not broke don't fix it. granted it looks as if he try's hard but he didn't start his run in the team by merit, luck played a part.

How can a player win a place if he doesn't play? :blink: I know that i play far better in a match than trainning, it's a completely different scenario. Plus i thought that in his few appearances he looked really good especially when he played CM but i spose tinnion was incharge then but still, He didn't play once under GJ (i don't recall it anyway) and bringing him back after the loan would have been MB chance under GJ

Bas didn't exactly "win" his chance because he got in because MS was banned. now i would say that that isn't winning a place in the team.

It's all about taking your chances, having the right attitude and work ethic, especially where GJ is concerned. You have to play so well that the Manager can't drop you, or if he does make him tell you why and work on it together.

Maybe Baz didn't 'win' his chance, but then when MS was again available he didn't loose it either! You can't compare the 2 players except to say one player has been involved in winning/drawing matches and the other has more losses to his name? Keep a winning team and reward those that played. Simple.

Savage got in because MS was banned. we one our first game after the defeats with MS in the side. Savage came in and we kept winning. If it's not broke don't fix it. granted it looks as if he try's hard but he didn't start his run in the team by merit, luck played a part.

Personally I'd pick Savage for the scrappier away games, and use Stewart for the home games and against better footballing sides. They're different types of player.

sunderland and leeds fans all say that, altough the guy was clearly awesome on his day, his atttude was questionable and, particularly in his second spell with sunderland, he never looked as good as prior to his injury. i wish him the best as he has had a torrid time over the last few years, but a move closer to home and a carreer to resurect, it could be the best thing for him.

as for savage, he might not have "won" his place on the team sheet, but his contribution has ensured he has stayed there. you have to grasp every oppitunity with both hands in football and baz has done just that. and before people lay into GJ about this, remember tinnion too didn't pick him regularly.

totally true.

Personally I'd pick Savage for the scrappier away games, and use Stewart for the home games and against better footballing sides. They're different types of player.

my thoughts exactly.

Guest samj100

sunderland and leeds fans all say that, altough the guy was clearly awesome on his day, his atttude was questionable and, particularly in his second spell with sunderland, he never looked as good as prior to his injury. i wish him the best as he has had a torrid time over the last few years, but a move closer to home and a carreer to resurect, it could be the best thing for him.

as for savage, he might not have "won" his place on the team sheet, but his contribution has ensured he has stayed there. you have to grasp every oppitunity with both hands in football and baz has done just that. and before people lay into GJ about this, remember tinnion too didn't pick him regularly.

totally true.

my thoughts exactly.

Fair enough, i'm not being argumenative all I'm saying is that i am still bewildered to how MB was expected to grasp an opportunity when there wasn't one. I suppose the only people that can answer that is BT and GJ.

As you can see I'm upset that he has left because i thought he had alot to offer this football club and now he won't be able to do that.

Fair enough, i'm not being argumenative all I'm saying is that i am still bewildered to how MB was expected to grasp an opportunity when there wasn't one. I suppose the only people that can answer that is BT and GJ.

As you can see I'm upset that he has left because i thought he had alot to offer this football club and now he won't be able to do that.

It's an interesting discussion which is what the forum's about.

My last say on Bridges is that he got four starts and a number of sub appearances which for me is the chance he deserved. He scored one tap in but didn't look like what we needed. Good luck to him though.

sorry mate, didn't mean to sound rude! :) mate just enjoying the debate. i too am dissapointed, as when he first signed one of the bosses at work (who is one of the sunderland fans i mentioned) said it was the best signing we'd ever made (not to mention the fact he was smarting after stewarts departure)!

I couldn't agree with you more Sam, we let Bridges go, who in my opinion was never given a real chance here, now a lot of people seem to have it in for M. Stewart, but seem quite happy to keep a player like Savage, who again in my opinion is not a very good footballer. I still think we would regret letting MS go to another club, because i am sure he can still do it, especially with Noble and Russell in our midfield giving him the service he needs, as Sam has said a lot of people are saying that with Savage in the side we haven't lost, i think that is in spite of him, not because of him, I'm not knocking him, I just feel that he we have better strikers at the club than Savage, and that included Bridges.

He scored one tap in but didn't look like what we needed. Good luck to him though.

Hw wasn't what we needed and he wasn't even a shadow of his past self, which were both disappointing. I would put him in the same boat as wiltshire. Both hugely talented but both struggle to hold down a set position.

Bridges showed great touch, vision and ability but didn't have that hunger in front of goal which is vital at this level.

I still think we would regret letting MS go to another club, because i am sure he can still do it, especially with Noble and Russell in our midfield giving him the service he needs

i think bridges leaving could be a godsend for marcus. hope he now proves why we can't let him go, as their isn't a player left at the club with his brand of footballing inteligence. i believe they suffered from being the same squad, as they were too similar. come on marcus! :chant6ez:

I couldn't agree with you more Sam, we let Bridges go, who in my opinion was never given a real chance here, now a lot of people seem to have it in for M. Stewart, but seem quite happy to keep a player like Savage, who again in my opinion is not a very good footballer. I still think we would regret letting MS go to another club, because i am sure he can still do it, especially with Noble and Russell in our midfield giving him the service he needs, as Sam has said a lot of people are saying that with Savage in the side we haven't lost, i think that is in spite of him, not because of him, I'm not knocking him, I just feel that he we have better strikers at the club than Savage, and that included Bridges.

I don't have it in for any of our strikers personally, though I'm sure some do. But I'm surprised and disappointed by the anti-climax of signing both MS and MB. I thought we'd secured promotion with those two but it didn't work like that.

With Savage I expect nothing and therefore don't feel let down by his performances. In fact it's a bonus that he hasn't been as bad as his pro career track record suggested he'd be.

That's the difference.

i think bridges leaving could be a godsend for marcus. hope he now proves why we can't let him go, as their isn't a player left at the club with his brand of footballing inteligence. i believe they suffered from being the same squad, as they were too similar. come on marcus! :chant6ez:

Stewart's footballing intelligence is no good to us if it doesn't help us win games.

He needs to sort his confidence out and score some goals off his own back like Murray, Brooker and Cotterill have done.

Like you, I'd love him to be the solution to our striker problem. If he can't show signs of that in his next few games, I'll continue to worry about whether we're getting return for his wages.

Good luck Michael, gutted it didn't work out for him, ability yes, fitness and attitude we'll never know!

Aaah Mr. Jevons, welcome to Bristol City Football Club, you know the manager already don't you!

Oops have I said to much :blink:

Best of luck to Bridgey, was never given a real chance.

IPB Image

aaaaah the memories :laugh:

Gotta love the identical hair styles Wardie!

Good luck Michael, gutted it didn't work out for him, ability yes, fitness and attitude we'll never know!

Aaah Mr. Jevons, welcome to Bristol City Football Club, you know the manager already don't you!

Oops have I said to much :blink:

Let's see if it happens - if not, we've gotten rid of another striker and got Triple B as his replacement :doh:

Guest REDCIDERARMY

I do not think he was given enough games to hopefully get back to his best he showed some great skills,just get this feeling its another let go,but we have saved the money on his salary now reported to be still large,so Johnson can now bring a player or two,I would go for a striker who can score another 15 goals a season that should just about put us halfway this season for cover

Archived