IGNORED

Adequate Cover?

Guest samOred

Guest samOred

With it looking extremely likely that Golbourne is on his way to Reading, do we really have enough cover at left back? I mean IMO Craig Woodman does a job at left back but is not one of our better players + is young and how many other left sided defenders do we have? Partridge is left footed but a centre back every day of the week! I'm just worried woody will get injured or is just not strong enough himself to sustain a place in the side, i really think we could do with another out and out left back! I guess not top of the list as a goal scorer probably is but it would come quite high in my books!

I imagine we will see a new leftback very soon. I suppose this is why Johnson agreed to his sell. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign at least one foreign player (after the number trialists recently), it could be a leftback.

Guest dolmanm1

I imagine we will see a new leftback very soon. I suppose this is why Johnson agreed to his sell. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign at least one foreign player (after the number trialists recently), it could be a leftback.

Who is cover for Shorey at left back for Reading? Maybe worth a look at as he will not be a happy chappy.

Guest The Codfather 0312

Who is cover for Shorey at left back for Reading? Maybe worth a look at as he will not be a happy chappy.

If I'm right it is Chris Makin? Unsure but think he can play on both the left and the right. But it would be good if he was part of the deal as he is a very experienced player and has played for many clubs including Marseille so far has only played 9 games this season. So I would definitely welcome him to Ashton Gate.

Woodman has come into a world of his own recently. I have always thought he was a load of rubbish, but he is in form and does very well working with Murray.

A sound left back for City and keeps it tight along with the rest of our defence at present. We apparently have another player on our way at left-back come January. Competion for places are looking good.

Keep up the good work GJ!

Guest jhowie11

How about Grant Smith?

Good defensively, got a good left foot on him.

Reminds me of a certain left-back we used to have play for us................................

:@ WHY DID YOU LET HIM LEAVE, TINS!!!!! :@

Guest samOred

How about Grant Smith?

Reminds me of a certain left-back we used to have play for us................................

I also reckon he could probably do a decent job there. Like Bradley orr being tranferred defensively! He is of quite a strong build and yes is known (not that we've seen too much of it) for having a great left foot.

Chris Makin and Stephen Hunt fill in at left back when required.

Neither are dedicated left backs - which is why we are buying Golbourne, I guess!

How about Grant Smith?

Because he had a £100k clause in his contract?

Archived