IGNORED

Yeovil Game Today, Comments?

Andy082005

I didnt make it down there today as had to work this morning, but from what ive heard City were pretty dreadful and should have lost by a few goals. Surely though, there are plenty of positives to take from this, were now 5 games unbeaten and it looks like (touch wood) we have found some sort of resiliance now. Go back 6 weeks, and if we had conceded that early we would have gone on and lost 3 or 4-0. Remember the Chesterfield and Southend games, as soon as we conceded, we collapsed....not today though, or against Rotherham in the week and Gillingham last weekend

IF we can do Walsall, that is a great point for us today. Onwards and upwards from hear, the lads will have a nice little break after this game on Monday and by the time we play our next game, we may have 1 or 2 new faces in the squad aswell......foreigners maybe, if you believe what the Evil Post writes

Vilmos Seebok anyone?? :doh:

Dolly sums it up pretty well

Dire in first half and looked much more a threat in 2nd half. Not quite the form from Wednesday carried through but its a point that keeps us out of the relegation zone and keeps our unbeaten run now at 5 going.

Basso saved us in the first half while the rest of the team looked lost and out of thier depth

Guest Ronmeister

thats good, what was the atmosphere like down there??

Personally I have never heard anything so loud and emphatic as when Yeovil scored, I've never heard anything like it. The accoustics are much better than AG, so depsite there only being about 7,000 home fans the noise was incredible.

I was sat in the Yeovil stand and was one of the few to leap up when we scored, a classic oops I shouldn't have done that, but never mind. I thought the atmosphere was quiet considering it was a derby and the terrific away following were very quiet.

hahahaha! i can relate to this one. Was in the end behind the goal and was told by the locals in no uncertain terms to "go away" or risk the wrath of the 5 baby eating blokes behind us who were foaming at the mouth for a rumble!! Needless to say the stewards saved me and my friend before our iminent hiding. Rather than eject us they walked us round to the away end - result!

As for the match? In my opinion we were dire, noble and russell are both 1 paced - slow! Neither of them can tackle (add Murray and cotteril to that as well) therfore yeovil just walked through our midfield at will. Basso couldn't kick the skin off a rice pudding however he kept us in it with some superb stops and heywood looked solid. Was quite impressed with Orr as well, didnt put a foot wrong and put in some good balls. Can somebody enlighten me on Bas Savage as well? How is he a football player, he is god awful..!

Oh well, a poor performance but a point gained, a month ago we would have been given a thrashing so maybe things are starting to look up. Our unbeaten spell continues!!

Personally I have never heard anything so loud and emphatic as when Yeovil scored, I've never heard anything like it. The accoustics are much better than AG, so depsite there only being about 7,000 home fans the noise was incredible.

:dunno::w00t:, i can only assume you havent been to many grounds if you thought that. :ph34r:

Guest Ronmeister

:dunno::w00t:, i can only assume you havent been to many grounds if you thought that. :ph34r:

It might have been because of the stark contrast - It was a hell of a lot more noise than the City fans were making after the awful start, we had about 10% of possesion in the opening 2 minutes, if that. And to be fair to them, their fans were bloody good.

hahahaha! i can relate to this one. Was in the end behind the goal and was told by the locals in no uncertain terms to "go away" or risk the wrath of the 5 baby eating blokes behind us who were foaming at the mouth for a rumble!! Needless to say the stewards saved me and my friend before our iminent hiding. Rather than eject us they walked us round to the away end - result!

As for the match? In my opinion we were dire, noble and russell are both 1 paced - slow! Neither of them can tackle (add Murray and cotteril to that as well) therfore yeovil just walked through our midfield at will. Basso couldn't kick the skin off a rice pudding however he kept us in it with some superb stops and heywood looked solid. Was quite impressed with Orr as well, didnt put a foot wrong and put in some good balls. Can somebody enlighten me on Bas Savage as well? How is he a football player, he is god awful..!

Oh well, a poor performance but a point gained, a month ago we would have been given a thrashing so maybe things are starting to look up. Our unbeaten spell continues!!

The least intimadating place I have evr been, if ever there was a (adams) family club, than Yeovil are it.

:me?:

Atmosphere was cr@p down there in my view. As expected for us, with no roof, getting drenched etc. No excuse for the homers though. AG maybe quiet at times, but still alot better than yesterday.

Yeovil played some decent stuff in the 1st half, although assisted by our own dismal showing. Thinking back on it though decent point, despite the 1st half showing. Several factors were against us :-

- Biggest League game in Yeovil's history,

- Return of GJ to his old stamping ground,

- Early start, with the early coach trip not exactly likely to help already tired legs,

- Our 3rd game in 6 games, whilst only Yeovil's 2nd,

- Heavy pitch with the absymal weather, again not helping tired legs.

All in all, Yeovil will never have a better chance to beat us. They didn't. We know we didn't play well, but still scrapped a point, if on the balance of play, a tad fortunately.

The return fixture at AG on 1st April will be an entirely different affair.

Atmosphere in the City end was ruined by no roof and going a goal down so early on. Still managed to get behind the team start of the second half before the goal came.

I was very dissapointed with the atmosphere from the Yeovil end. After going 1-0 up so early on in a local derby I expected much more singing. Especially as their home end is terracing, a poor show from the Yeovil fans.

I enjoyed my trip to Yeovil, very friendly people and definetly the least intimidating away match I have ever been to. It did not feel like a "normal" league game.

Guest rasherpudding

We were awful in first half. I don't get this Basso saved us stuff, his distribution was so poor that virtually every ball he played went to one of theirs putting us under more and more pressure. His great saves only followed his fumble, hardly creditable. I was middle of goal 2 steps back, Basso does not say a word to his back line, totally silent!! How can a decent defence operate that way, no "man on" or keeper to help the backs.

2nd half much better at least we managed one or two passes. Murray was best overall, Dave was poor, midfield outcompeted by Yeovil, Brooker no service, I don't think Savage will ever score final control not good enough, Orr & Woody ok but too many errors, Carey & Haywood not bad giventhe clown behind.

A point a fair result

Archived